Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I will enshrine it along with cut out photos of my many virtual titles. Then burn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

we'll all just move into a commune together and then we don't need the internet to play

NO GIRLS ALLOWED ONLY NECK BEARDS

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yup had a lucky window where things were working. OSU smothers Cincy 80-0 I held them to -27 total yards. Also recruiting is off to a hot start.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm out of town through Monday so Sly you and I will have to tangle next week.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I hate to ask you to wake up early for you, but that's probably what we will need to do. I can't really skip work to play football (as much as I'd like to), so if we could aim for a Wednesday night (US time) window I think that would be our best bet. Otherwise it's wait till the weekend.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Can you do Thursday night? Works better so I'm only sleep deprived one day.

Sure man def can.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

How's Thursday night at 11 eastern (sharp) sound? An alternative would be Friday night as late as you care to play, which would actually be my preference but I understand that the childless sometimes like to do things on Friday and Saturday nights.

I'd like to try for tomorrow night as I'll be officiating Friday night and will likely be quite wiped. But if all else fails then yeah later Friday night may be possible.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

See you tonight at 2300 eastern.

central or is that too late?

e: whatever ill be on

e2: OSU over USC 35-17. Game turned on a missed FG in the 2nd quarter that let me get the lead, which I wouldn't relinquish. I managed to score right before the half (up 4 to go up 11) and get the ball to start the 3rd so I went up by 3 scores before USC touched the ball again. Also snagged a late red zone INT to prevent a closer margin.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 22, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

On the precipice of killin it at crootin. Killed Wiscy on my way over too, R2A.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah bitches gonna murder it in recruiting. So many talented players, if this can continue I'll have a real strong team.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You have a top 3 team already 😑

Dio, what's your schedule like today? I'm working from home and should be free 10am-2pm CT.

This is true, but depth is precarious in a number of spots. I figure that next season most of my Oline will need to be freshman starters so umm could be rough moving forward. I'm more excited that I finally have a team that recruits the way I think they should.

Also did some mean things to FSU.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Anyone that recruits straight up QBs in this game is a fuckin fool. ATH is the only answer for your QB needs. My Vols starter was a JUCO dude. Always mine the boards late in the season for 2/3* JUCO players that have been ignored but will scout out 78-81 OVR and give you a couple year stop gap.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 5, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Even my stubbornness could not oppose this truth. Still, the guys I land have come nowhere near the quality of QBs you have with VT. I really don't understand it.

I got lucky and he's stuck around for 4 years. I had an even better dude lined up behind him, but he transferred to WVU. So i've pushed his poo poo in for 3 years now too. I'm not really sure what QB will look like on my VT squad next season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm gonna play my game now, but I'll be out of town until Sunday morning then so I guess wait for me after we advance again.

If it's even a thing with players etc

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry, I'm good to go Thurs night or Sunday.

Re: Der Juicen, unfortunately he did pass away. I always thought he was a good guy, he was the first person I really would have considered a friend meeting strictly thru online gaming. We texted and were friends on FB and whatnot, and came close to meeting a couple of times. Dude's demons finally caught up to him. Sad story really but I figured I'd take the time to write a few words about him.

That is really unfortunate to hear, I know he really enjoyed being part of these dynasties. He finally managed to stick around a good while in the ACC this time around too. Sad to know he isn't still playing with us because of that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm in. Hope you like my title bud.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Earlier is better if its during the week Dio. The weekend we can make something happen (maybe tomorrow morning?)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I have a guest in town, so it might make scheduling kind of difficult. Sunday is no good. Monday or Tuesday evening/night could work

Can shoot for Monday or Tuesday sure.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Could you do something like 7/8pm EST on one of those nights?

Yeah lemme see what day my fiance will be working out on and we can go during one of those times. I also can go earlier my summer schedule has me home from work by 5 CT.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Yeah, I'm home by 5 EST those days and it works great if we can start earlier

Tuesday will be the best bet. I might be home as early as 530 est, but prb closer to 6 est. Either way see you then!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

We still trying for tonight?

I am on and ready to ball!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Won by 3 on the backing of a FG to end the first half. Was up 2 scores twice in the game, but never technically trailed. Great game Dio. 45-42 OSU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I threw an INT on my 2nd play of the game (bounced out of my WR's hands into his LB's hands) and then after that I played one of my best games. QB ended up going 17/23 or something for like 250 yds 2 TD/1 INT, but you played a perfect game. Your QB went 16/17 for 4 TDs, your HB had like 16 carries for 150 yds, and you were stout defensively. I felt like I had a real shot at the game a few times, but you never gave me a real opening. That was a fun game!

It was a fantastically even game, the stats are almost exactly the same in terms of yardage & plays. That bizzaro INT was sorta unusual to say the least. I was defensively okay, I think we both found our groove on offense going into the 2nd half it was back and forth the whole time. I got my 1 punt that I usually need, but I was fully prepared to get stopped on my last drive and lose. Your Oline out did my Dline for almost the entire game and your QB was dropping lazers through traffic. I honestly was surprised to win.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OSU demolished Minnesota. Nichols is maybe the best DE I've had in this game since Nicolas with VT the first 2 seasons. Dio is the only guy besides Wreckus that needs to play before R2A.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

I took a huge slingshot past ZSB on one of those Lineman and now am in the lead on G Donald Alston :toot:

until he, or CPU washington slingshots back over

That dude isn't even on my board so I think you're safe. That said we are still contending for an ATH and I'm chasing a DE with JB that I'd like to snag, but even if I don't this class will prb be the best I've landed across these dynasties in terms of * power.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

From the looks of it both ZSB and the CPU will surpass me for that DE.

GG.

I don't really see how I already did my visit (unless its this week), and I'm a solid 1400 points behind unless the web interface is lying. Which I wouldn't put past EA SPORTS.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

YO WHICH HOTEL SHOULD WE USE IN SUNNY GALVESTON FOR OUR UPCOMING IRL NCAA TOURNAMENT

OH poo poo WE NEED TO ROLL UP AND loving CRUSH SOME INTERNET POSERS.

WHO IS MAKING OUR TEAM SHIRT!?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Couldn't get the last stop I needed despite a few chances to do so. GG Cletus, enjoy the B1G title game. ORLANDO HERE I COME!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Two red zone INTs in the first quarter killed me. Plus the turnover on downs at the goal line. I had plenty of offense, just failed to score properly. Oh well onto next year it was a good game, really tense. Also sucked when my LB dropped an easy pick early in your final drive that prb would have sealed the deal for me. I could not get any pressure on your QB which just ruins my entire game plan. You oline won vs my dline in pass rush situations (rushing I did fine on more or less).

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 13, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Championship Week!

#1 Nebraska vs #2 Michigan

Not only did OSU drop to #6, but undefeated Northern Illinois is now ranked #3. If I lose may the chaos ensue.

My chances of taking the BCS bid from the loser of your title game is enticing...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Welp I knew when I saw UCLA ahead of me that there was no chance I'd steal a BCS bid. I'm sure I'm in Orlando lol.

Although I'm sure JB is glad he dodged me in the title game since I'm in yo head mang. At least I'm guaranteed a top 2 finish :smug:

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 20, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Oh wow I was off lol. I forgot all about Wisconsin.

Wasn't that Der Juicen? :(

It was truly his golden moment I'm p sure. My first season with this team sucked poo poo man 3 losses. This recruiting cycle is gonna pay dividends in a season or two though provided we last that long!

At least I cleaned up in the awards season with my guys this year even if I fell just short. Home field advantage has mattered a lot in THE GAME so far in this dynasty.

e2: Pulled out the 31-17 win despite some foolish errant throws. I realized I've played every bowl game but maybe my BCS title game in Florida. I am now a 3 time Capitol One Bowl Champ :smith:

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 26, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I know for a fact OSU DE Nichols took home most of the defensive awards; Nagurski, Lombardi, and at least 1 other. OSU HB Won almost all the Offensive Awards minus the obrien for QBs. Had the best players, but not the best team.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Wow totally goofed on players leaving, oh well!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

gently caress. I figured you'd surely done it since you were online last night :(

I should have its all good man. Team will be fine.

More importantly I landed a full loaded DC so this next team should be to my liking.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

JB are you still gonna play in the ACC with your #2 ranked Miami Hurricanes or are you actually bowing out now that we are going full round robin?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

I just don't have the time, man. If one of the other leagues falls apart I'd come back.

I think you've amassed enough good will to float on AP like the Capn. It'll be there when you get the ITCH.

I also remembered that my Oline is perlously thin, but I have a ton of WRs now!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OSU R2A. Defensive recruiting incoming.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

e: SPD & ACC go together I personally think ACC is more important to the usefulness of a player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It is beyond brutal that the roster cap is set at 70 not 85. It makes the 25 recruits per cycle almost pointless, and it also makes building depth next to impossible at key spots. You'll sign a million WRs, but you'll never find enough LBs, Linemen or safeties to keep a healthy # on your roster.

• Locked thread