Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
voted Mail game to EA's doorstep option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
actually we should be mailing it to the doorstep of the ncaa, to be honest.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Hey Dubious, I'm going to go ahead and play the game. If you do decide to return, we can wipe the results and play it the right way.

edit - #2 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 49-14. Each team had a lost fumble, but outside of that, it was the Michigan defense that kept their offense on the field enough to make some really great TD passes. (TOP was almost even, but I had a WR with 233 yards on 11 receptions with 2 TD, with a long of around 71 - just busted coverage, no QB scrambling shenanigans - and something like 5-6 total sacks that really made it difficult for UCLA to get anything going) Subbed in my backup QB and HB in the 2nd half along with the entire defense - the recruiting classes I've had have me in a really good spot for that.

But I could tell that UCLA was a really tough squad, so Dubious, I am 100% cool with playing it over and giving you a fair shot to take me on.

i didnt even get to post. i wanted to try make my poo poo work so we could do this tomorrow, now you get to know what my squad plays like ahead of our game.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 14, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i browse sa on my phone, on the bus, which keeps sessions open, where you probably saw me online.

I reupped live, as i posted a couple days ago i couldn't connect to the dynasty. I was waiting for a user game to try put in effort to make it work, because i loathe cpu games.

No worries, lets try tomorrow later in the evening PST if you can.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
this weekend is probably going to be better, ive got strep and have been feeling like poo poo for almost 3 weeks and wanna goto bed early, as much as i'd like to play while your drunk rear end has the whiskey handicap :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'll stick around since my interest was heavily renewed by Cletus' drunk league.

good chance i'll take a sim on cpu games, but I'm definitely in for all user games.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Glad to have you back!

I'm going to stick with the results from your AP'ed game this week because we wiped Cletus's game once already.

E: Remember, we have an agreement that teams who have the XP bug are allowed to pursue the recruits who have them listed as #1 without any resistance. It's been a bit helpful in the ACC league.

lol i did not know that was a thing and had resigned myself to whatever scrubs you guys didnt instacommit in week 3

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the headsup on those recruits. two huge areas of need.

gonna play my game now. JB, If you're still offering I could really use a small THP boost to my qb Robinson, edit 84 isnt gonna cut it while I try get a replacement ready since I lost my Athlete freshman somehow.

game in, UCLA over NU 56-21, leaning heavy on the run game. QB Robinson puts in a great game, not turning it over and making throws to keep the run game alive, but Freshman Faulk accounts for two bad garbage time picks.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 26, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
thanks, that will be a huge help. Last night I pulled off the most Alex Smith performance ever with my starter.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
got my game in.

i need a HB next season and cant get any to hit top billing :negative:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
UCLA dumps cal 45-21, loses NCAA leading TD vulture for one week, which is a bye so :lol: at EA gods

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
motherfucker, i'm gonna lose the QB i'm targeting to Minnesota who pulled ahead by 540 this week ,and I can't pry that WR away from Cletus. Already lost the other QB I was after to Oregon.

UCLA offense gonna be putrid next season.

xp bug! :negative:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
looks like Cletus did and I read it wrong. MSU is all up in his business.

as long as my redshirted QB doesn't bail for playing time I should be fine QB wise. I just really want the ATH I'm after because 88 SPD and 89 THP as a freshman, with 84 accuracy, is insane.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 5, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i always usually play poo poo schools (minnesota) in this game and that kind of a QB is a goddamn gem for me, i've never been able to pull in a stud like that (98thp, 90+speed)

Looks like BenedictWong moved in on that WR.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Anyone that recruits straight up QBs in this game is a fuckin fool. ATH is the only answer for your QB needs. My Vols starter was a JUCO dude. Always mine the boards late in the season for 2/3* JUCO players that have been ignored but will scout out 78-81 OVR and give you a couple year stop gap.

the guy im after is an ATH. I always go for ATH to make QBs because they always are super athletic*

*skip bayless scouting report

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Im free all weekend, starting today around 4pst. Lets knock this out tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
PS can you dump this guy from your board please, you have him lined up for a visit and a scholarship thrown his way still. I'm going to be getting a garbage recruiting class, everyone good is almost gone already and i'm fighting the CPU for scraps.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
GG dio, those INTs in the first half were backbreakers. running against your front 4 is hard.

UCLA gets the win in Michigan 31-21.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm losing a bunch of of O-line next year and ZSB is going to steal all of them in recruiting :smith:

I'm only winning on some 64 ovr scrublord.

I got that wideout though, which solves a big graduating senior.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
yea, looking at USC, do me a solid and drop on Jack Moss and Donald Alston, maybe Donald Jefferson.

You dont need 3rd string line men while i start cpu recruited shitheads next year, your o-line is stacked for 3 years at least.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Do you know for sure that all of those players have/had you listed as #1? Can you post a pic of their Top Schools list? I just want to be sure because as you're likely seeing for yourself Olinemen are hard to come by for most.

i'm only close on jack moss it seems, Z pulled far away on the other guys.

If I can't nail him, I will need stat boosts on my o-line next year. I'm losing both tackles and a guard.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lol Aggies, I hung 73 on them. am i part of the big boy club now?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Piper is ps4.

Im under the impression the BC is digital and publishers have to enable support because the games have to be downloaded.

Which means, :ea:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Alright, I'll advance this afternoon. The sim gods will decide your fate.

oh boy, we're up. big implications on the line.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ah dang i was hoping to take a break from Heavensward tonight or tomorrow to battle. Gonna be a long wait.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Can you play Thursday night around 9pm CT?

I think we can make that work.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

Dropped Moss. Remind me in a few weeks about the other two. I don't think you can catch the cpu but if you close the gap their yours.

Thanks man. Moss is probably a sure grab and will replace a senior, but I likely wont catch up to anyone else. Seems like linemen are a pain in the dick.

Depending on end of season, I may ask JB for a boost, or I wont and will say Hail Satan :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
JB we will have to reschedule, a certain person is kinda bitchy tonight

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I dont think that time will work. let's play tomorrow around 2 CST, or pick a time on Sunday and I'll be available.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
too early, how about 1130? usually tied up with fiancee until 11.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
no, i'm still at the office. sorry.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I lied i can play now

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
yes put my cpu team out of its misery that was a horseshit performance. im more cranky that you'll get a bunch of turnovers against my AI when i was on pace to not have any in the blowout, that being my only positive.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wreckus, when can you go?

JB, that half we played was the worst showing i've put out in a football game in years. Your pass rush was blowing up my line before i could even make reads and i only saved myself because i'm pretty decent at sensing pressure and escaping it. I had no answer for you on defense, your skill position players are insane.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Paging Wreckus

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wreckus, i can play whenever Pacific afternoons and evenings, after 5 PST.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'll play it some time tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Game is in, Wreckus CPU defense forces alot of fumbles but falls to UCLA's emerging air game.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 1, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slywalker13 posted:

What timezone are you Dubious? I can probably go this weekend.

Pacific. Last time we played it was a morning weekend game, of which i should be ok with this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I took a huge slingshot past ZSB on one of those Lineman and now am in the lead on G Donald Alston :toot:

until he, or CPU washington slingshots back over

• Locked thread