Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
You can make amazing food, better than a $200pp restaurant, at home. It takes time and knowledge to develop that skill, though. Don't expect perfection on your first try. Luckily, food is such a delicious thing that you shouldn't have any problem making something delicious with very little of either training or knowledge.

The question is: what do you want to cook? What is a meal that you always enjoy, that you think fondly of when you remember it? It doesn't have to be fancy - in fact, it helps if it isn't - but it should be something you like.

For me, the first dish I learned to cook really well was murgh makhani, because butter chicken was one of my favorite things at Indian restaurants that I rarely got to eat because no one else in my family likes Indian food as much as I do. I lucked into a pretty good choice, but even so my first couple attempts were not what I was imagining. It doesn't matter, though! Just toss it and eat something else. Practice is the fastest, easiest way to make better food.

So, pick a dish you really love. Maybe something you ate a lot as a child, maybe a tasty restaurant dish. Whatever you like. Tell us what it is, and we'll help you make it. There might already be a goon picture recipe up, you never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Kafka Esq. posted:

Sometimes you have to make it cold tho

knowing this is what makes you a chef

• Locked thread