Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card do you most want to see unbanned
Sword of the Meek
Dig Through Time
Bloodbraid Elf
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
View Results

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Aston posted:

Well I was around pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday but I didn't see you in #mtgoon

Yeah, I don't really go there unless I'm meeting someone for a battle. I'm not normally on my computer when I'm home.

What's your schedule like during the week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm on GMT and I'm around most evenings 6-11 my time or I can make time over the weekend.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm around now but I'd like to eat dinner soon.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Maybe not tonight but if you can aim for this time tomorrow I can be ready.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

Maybe not tonight but if you can aim for this time tomorrow I can be ready.

I work 'til noon tomorrow, so that doesn't work.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Round ends in two days, Saturday at midnight, CST. Have your games done before then!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Backno posted:

This is fine. I work nights so I will be awake.

you available tonight? I've never seen you on IRC we must be missing each other.

e: irc says backno was last seen 1 month ago?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So how about tonight?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

suicidesteve posted:

So how about tonight?

I should be around in a little while, hour and a half or so?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Sigma-X posted:

you available tonight? I've never seen you on IRC we must be missing each other.

e: irc says backno was last seen 1 month ago?

Yeah, I have been putting out some fires lately. I am just going to give you the 2-0 since I don't even have xmage set up on the new computer yet.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

I should be around in a little while, hour and a half or so?

I probably won't be around for an hour or so and I'll probably be cooking dinner then. Your schedule is literally the opposite of the east coast.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

What time will you be around? I can hang out in #mtgoon for a while if you want to pick me up from there.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

The culmination of our 2 week journey is that we have drawn.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Good Games

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
:siren:Top 8 is finally here!:siren:

SuicideSteve (1st) vs Sigma-X (8th)

Aston (2nd) vs wildfire1 (7th)

TheKingofSprings (3rd) vs eSporks (6th)

Lker (4th) vs odiv (5th)

Higher seed plays first, good luck nerds

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
did we drop down to like 9 players or something how did I make top8

Steve let me know your schedule. My tuesdays and fridays are shot to poo poo but maybe we can grab an evening on wednesday or thursday?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sigma-X posted:

Same.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Steve let me know your schedule. My tuesdays and fridays are shot to poo poo but maybe we can grab an evening on wednesday or thursday?

Ahh well here's how my life works right now: As of 10PM last night I'm working midnight-4PM tonight and again tomorrow night, which means the next 48 hours will be work, sleep, and literally nothing else. I'm taking my wife and my daughter to the local carnival thing/deathtrap/whatever it is Friday night. Maybe I can play around 11PM-midnight EST on Saturday? I think Sunday is free-ish too but I'd prefer Saturday night because my wife and I are both off Sunday.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Ahh well here's how my life works right now: As of 10PM last night I'm working midnight-4PM tonight and again tomorrow night, which means the next 48 hours will be work, sleep, and literally nothing else. I'm taking my wife and my daughter to the local carnival thing/deathtrap/whatever it is Friday night. Maybe I can play around 11PM-midnight EST on Saturday? I think Sunday is free-ish too but I'd prefer Saturday night because my wife and I are both off Sunday.

I have to run the GF back to her place and run errands on Saturday but I should be able to be around late that night. I'll update you if I'm not available around that time. How late can you go on Saturday?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

I have to run the GF back to her place and run errands on Saturday but I should be able to be around late that night. I'll update you if I'm not available around that time. How late can you go on Saturday?

I'd prefer to start by 2AM EST.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
2-0 vs eSporks

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Aston posted:

Paired

Meet up in #mtgoon?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

wildfire1 posted:

Meet up in #mtgoon?

He's currently asleep so no :v:

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's currently asleep so no :v:

I meant in general :-)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Yeah I'll be around in there when I can play

Lker
Oct 26, 2010
Been busy as of late, but I'll try to be on IRC. Let me know in thread if you have a schedule.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I've just been checking for you every once and awhile in IRC. No real time preferred. Off work for the next month or so.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

I'd prefer to start by 2AM EST.

I was in IRC from 9pm PST until now but never saw you around so I played a poo poo ton of dota.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

I was in IRC from 9pm PST until now but never saw you around so I played a poo poo ton of dota.

That sounds awful. I was waiting for you to post here. Honestly, I was pretty beat anyway. I worked way too many in hours in way too few days on way too little sleep and it all caught up with me last night. How does tonight look for you? My wife has to wake up early so she'll be going to sleep around 9/10 EST. I'll get on IRC then.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Tonight Lker? Ping me on IRC.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

That sounds awful. I was waiting for you to post here. Honestly, I was pretty beat anyway. I worked way too many in hours in way too few days on way too little sleep and it all caught up with me last night. How does tonight look for you? My wife has to wake up early so she'll be going to sleep around 9/10 EST. I'll get on IRC then.

sounds good. I won't be available at all next week between travel for GenCon and GenCon itself.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
2-1 me. game 1 steve draws cards that do things while I draw 10 lands and 4 inquisitions and flood to death while he digs 3-4 times.

game 2 I nut bob into liliana into bbe and his blood moon doesn't stop the beats because he draws bad.

game 3 I play around blood moon and his double relics keep my goyfs small forever but I continue to draw jundy gas and he is perpetually on the back foot until i run him down.

Dig is busted fyi

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

1/2.

Game 1 I mull, hit land 3 on like, turn 4, land 4 a few turns later, and finally my 3rd blue a few turns after that, he flooded, and Dig is an absurd card.

Game 2 I got mana screwed and he had an insane draw.

Game 3 I should have mulled but kept 4 lands, Relic, EE, Blood Moon, and drew 4 or 5 more and never found any of my Bolts, counters, or creatures even after popping a Relic.

I remain unconvinced that this shuffler actually shuffles.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

wildfire1 posted:

Meet up in #mtgoon?

I've been hanging out there a bit but I haven't seen you yet, what kind of times are you on usually?

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Aston posted:

I've been hanging out there a bit but I haven't seen you yet, what kind of times are you on usually?

Been super busy last few days with my new business. Should be on 11am-12pm my time tomorrow, 9-10pm EST

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

wildfire1 posted:

Been super busy last few days with my new business. Should be on 11am-12pm my time tomorrow, 9-10pm EST

I'm on #mtgoon

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Are you likely to be around at all this weekend?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

lker takes it 2-0.

Xmage is annoying. I didn't lose because of it, but it was frustrating to use.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

odiv posted:

lker takes it 2-0.

Xmage is annoying. I didn't lose because of it, but it was frustrating to use.

I lost because of it in the Vintage event. If you are paying mana for something, remember to crack fetches before or risk not being able to crack them at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

I lost because of it in the Vintage event. If you are paying mana for something, remember to crack fetches before or risk not being able to crack them at all.

That's how real magic works too

• Locked thread