Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card do you most want to see unbanned
Sword of the Meek
Dig Through Time
Bloodbraid Elf
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
View Results

• Locked thread
ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I need to learn modern one of these days, so... I'd play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bracket updated to include Aston and gangsines (black potus)

Please tell me if your name isn't on the bracket

Also, :siren:Less than 48 hours to the decklist submission deadline, please have your lists submitted to Zoness by then:siren:

drat the date snuck up on me. I'll get a deck list in asap.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Zoness posted:

I have received lists from

Babylon Astronaut
ShaneB
odiv
TheKingofSprings
instantrunoffvote
ChewyLSB
Lker
Aston
suicidesteve
kizudarake
black potus
mfcrocker
phyrexianlibrarian
esporks
always be closing
thelawinator

If you are not listed here please send me your list or post telling me off for missing that your list has been sent to me

I forgot to send you my sideboard, but did this morning.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Neat, thanks steve.

Well now I know what you're playing :getin:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Confirming this. Gotta admit, I'm already starting to question my belief of what's safe to unban.

Questioning my choice to not play any of the unbanned cards.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Fingers McLongDong posted:

WHEN YOU WANT TO FIGHT BUDDY

I PMed ya hours ago c'mon

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm conceding and dropping as I am quickly reminded of the awful experience of playing this game online.

This is pretty dramatic.

Dumb question: what are the decklists being used for?

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 26, 2015

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Fingers McLong Dong got me in 2.

Game 1 was close, at least! :cripes:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I believe Jonked is out of town until Wednesday. We were able to get 1 game in of our match before he left, and we will finish the match on Wednesday evening.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I defeated Jonked 2-0.

Game 1 was a pretty epic battle that lasted over a half hour. Both our decks did what they are supposed to do, I think, but my deck ground out the slow incremental card advantage and I won in the end.

Game 2 was a quick and brutal affair. I mulled to a drat good 6 on the draw, with Path, Inq, Disfigure, Mentor, and 2 land. I shredded his somewhat greedy keep of 6 to pieces, taking Goyf and leaving him with 3 lands and a Sorin. I was then able to stick Mentor turn 3 when he didn't have removal, and untapped with it. Disfigure took care of the vampire token and swung into sorin. Used a 2nd inq to get out a second Goyf, Path'd a Siege Rhino, and Mentor just took over the game with his prowess buddies. A nicely drawn Lingering Souls looked like it might provide a bit of stabilization, but I was able to just Snap back instant speed removal and swing in for big damage while keeping my Mentor alive. GG.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

As the deadline was last night, I'm looking forward to R3 pairings. My games so far have been enjoyable.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

Are we doing deck lists for this one?

Decklist link was posted last page I think.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

eSporks posted:

I've been hanging out in IRC every night. Tonight's good, but tomorrow might not be. Weekends good.

yo round 2 deadline was last night cmon now

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

always be closing posted:

Backno,im available in the evenings this weekend, and during the week for like an hour from 2-3 EST.

Lker I am out of town this weekend but we should be able to get this done Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sigma-X posted:

I can do tonight. Was in the hospital last night.

Deadline was last night and r3 got posted... :(

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lker got me 2-0.

I mulled to 4 on the draw and just got steamrolled by his Infect deck when I was stuck on lands a bit.

Game 2 I got stuck on 3 lands and was on the back foot as I tried to keep his dudes from getting into me. I misplayed a turn where he had 1 card in hand and 2 guys swinging in. Flashed in Snapcaster and stupidly flashed back Disfigure with my last mana, and he just Vines of Vastwood'ed around it. I could have just flashed back Slaughter Pact and used my last mana for a Murderous Cut in hand if he played Vines.

Life goes on.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

suicidesteve posted:

2/1 here thanks to the timer. Very weird game 1, I had a turn 4 kill game 2, and game 3 started with like 3 minutes on his clock.

You guys are using a timer huh :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Got steamrolled by ChewyLSB 2-0. I will also be dropping.

Just a terrible matchup for me and Chewy played well.

• Locked thread