Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card do you most want to see unbanned
Sword of the Meek
Dig Through Time
Bloodbraid Elf
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
View Results

• Locked thread
PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I'm down, probably going to be Junding it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

mfcrocker posted:

This is also where I am with my life. Get it in on these days or you're waiting until next Monday

In that case let's try to play tonight, I have the day off so anytime works for me.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Zoness I accidentally sent you a list with 5 of a card in it, check your PMs for the adjustment back to legality.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

mfcrocker posted:

I lost 2-0 to PhyrexianLibrarian :)

Confirming this. Gotta admit, I'm already starting to question my belief of what's safe to unban.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

TheKingofSprings posted:

PhyrexianLibrarian v. Backno

Backno let me know when you're available to play this week, I'll be around most of the weekend.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Backno posted:

Monday would probably be the best for me. Got some people in from out of town this weekend.

Monday works, I'll be chilling in IRC when I'm ready to play.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Backno posted:

What is the IRC channel?

It's #mtgoon, if you want to play tonight let me know so I can bring my laptop home, otherwise we can try to go tomorrow (Thursday) night.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Backno posted:

Tonight works. Around what time?

I dunno, let's say 9:00 EST?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Aston posted:

Phyrexian Librarian I may be able to play over the weekend but more likely Monday/Tuesday 6-11 GMT, how does that sound>

What's that, 1 to 6 ESTish? I can make that work, I'll be on IRC whenever I'm on XMage/Cockatrice so just look for me there.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Aston posted:

Phyrexian Librarian I'll be idling in #mtgoons the next couple of evenings so hit me up on there?

just hopped on let's do this

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
How early are we talking, I have a day job so I can't hop online until like 6 EST or so.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Screw it, I'm still in the office so IRC is blocked, but get on XMage.

Edit: Never mind, ports blocked at work, i'll be on in like 30 minutes

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 16, 2015

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Lker posted:

PhyrexianLibrarian, let me know through PM, this thread, or IRC what your schedule is like. Mine should be less busy after Monday EST. If I'm not on IRC, you can just tell the bot what your schedule is.

Hey I'm online now, otherwise I'll be around tomorrow and Wednesday in the evenings, just let me know when you can jump on.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Since we're in the third round I would like to know, are you all enjoying the tournament so far? Are you using banned cards, or have you played against them? What have your matches with banned cards been like, in your opinion? Have they been fun?

I'm running 4x Bloodbraid Elf, and while it's definitely very good, I haven't hit it enough in real games to know whether it's bannably broken yet.

Dig Through Time, however, is bonkers and may need to stay where it is :(

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 23, 2015

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

odiv posted:

PhyrexianLibrarian

You ever in IRC? When are you free?

Hey yeah, sorry it's been holiday time up here. I'll be online Saturday during the day and Sunday evening, most likely, and I'll be in IRC whenever I'm ready to go.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

odiv posted:

I haven't been super diligent about checking, but I haven't seen you on at all yet. I idle in IRC all the time so just msg me when you're around.

Jumping on right now!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
odiv wins 2-0

Meanwhile, I fire XMage directly into the sun.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

odiv posted:

What even happened? Let's just replay game 2 and if necessary 3?

I brushed against my touchpad, which XMage interpreted as "don't cascace, just leave the spell in exile, no takesies-backsies"

Conclusions: Bloodbraid Elf is a pretty nutty and fun card, but the old strategy of "1-for-1 your opponent until you BBE because your individual cards are all more powerful than theirs" doesn't work anymore. I think it can probably come off the list, at least maybe over the summer. Worst case they just re-ban it right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

odiv posted:

Well that's kind of bullshit. Did you want to play again? Or have you already uninstalled XMage at this point?

Nah take the win, I'm not a huge fan of my deck and I've been making really bone-headed play mistakes lately so I think I'm mentally checked out anyways.

• Locked thread