Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card do you most want to see unbanned
Sword of the Meek
Dig Through Time
Bloodbraid Elf
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
View Results

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
You're gonna cry when I cascade bbe into sword of the meek and then dig up a remand to protect it.

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
if we're going to unban enough cards that we're merely playing lovely legacy I'm out. I think the three in the OP are fine, but I think everything else on the banlist has pretty good reason for being there.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Jace is still really good. He wasn't "kept in check" by BBE at all during Standard, BBE was merely his equal sometimes.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Jace has fallen pretty hard in Legacy, at least.

Yeah he has a harder time in a format where the fundamental turn is much lower than his mana cost.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Right now I'm trying to fit Thopter Sword into Shouta Yasouka's 2014 Tezzeret list. I haven't been able to playtest it but I feel like Stony Silence absolutely murders it.

It only hits his fast mana/citadels and you have 6 duress effects after board / 4 main plus negates. It seems like you have enough ways to keep it from resolving until you drop a planeswalker and stop caring.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Zoness posted:

I think I'm missing decklists from the bolded players.

just sent you mine 5 seconds ago.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

I can be available 8-12 california time in the evenings, or possibly in the mornings before 9am california time.

This weekend I might have time sunday or early saturday as well - I'm in the process of moving apartments and at some point on saturday I'll have about 9 things from IKEA show up at the new place that I'll need to put together and I won't have internet access there.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

black potus posted:

hi i'm still here

Can we figure out something for tonight (after 8) or tommorow morning (before 9) Cali time?

Otherwise I'll drop

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

black potus posted:

i cant do this morning :[

I can do tommorow morning?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

black potus posted:

i can maybe do the morning, although it will be like 6am your time at the latest? i guess i might be able to do it like 8:30-9:30 am PST depending on how my morning at work goes.

e: i'll be in #mtgoon as gangsines while i can play

I'll be around 8:30-9:30. I'm only suggesting the mornings cuz it seems like we are incompatible in the evenings, I have evenings free too.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I take it 2-0.

Game 1 I t2 my singleton scavenging ooze and beat him down. I eat some manamorphoses when he's trying to go off, although I think I hosed up the timing. He makes a fuckton of mana but can't find the grapeshot and I swing lethal next turn.

Game 2 I hit a T2 Goyf that's a 4/5 thanks to mind scour and I get an ooze again, he abrupts it, but can't find what hes looking for and clock him.

I got to cast a BBE that didn't matter though :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
esporks holla at me brooooooo

I'm in IRC right now and am usually available after 8pm cali time.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

eSporks posted:

8pm starts to get a little bit late for me, but I am usually up til 9. I hang out in IRC a lot, so this should be easy.

I'll be at FNM tonight, am moving all day saturday, and have a legacy event sunday. Could we do a sunday before noon cali time or a late sunday evening?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

eSporks posted:

Sunday is my birthday, so I don't want to commit to anything, but if I am on IRC, sure. I don't think we will have too much trouble finding a weekday evening though.

I spent the weekend moving in and haven't set up my computer yet - let me know if you're available tonight and I can make it a priority when I get home, otherwise my next day is thursday evening or late tuesday due to some stuff I gotta take care of.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

eSporks posted:

I've been hanging out in IRC every night. Tonight's good, but tomorrow might not be. Weekends good.

I can do tonight. Was in the hospital last night.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Babylon Astronaut posted:

OK, I'm back. Any time before wednesday is fine.

I'm online in the mtgoon chat

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

OK, I'm back. Any time before wednesday is fine.

Let's aim for monday? I work 10-7ish PST every day and Tuesday night I have an event I can't back out of so monday is really the best for me.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Monday evening is OK.

if you're on right now we could crank it out, get on mtgoon if you're up still

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sigma-X posted:

if you're on right now we could crank it out, get on mtgoon if you're up still

I take it in 2 after a bout of technical issues (woogerworks is behind on xmage, we finally synced up, and then xmage barfed on one of his cards so we moved to cockatrice).

SCRIB NIBBLERS!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
King let me know when you're available. I'm available on weekends but work 10-7 cali time during the week.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Probably tonight if you're fine with lake internet and also it most likely being after 10:30cst because gently caress if my family gets dinner ready before 10:00 out here

Depending on the girlfriends schedule I might be available, will jump on IRC if I'm available.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey are you available to be King of Losing The Round?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

No family's all around right now and they'll get pissy if I wander off to do it

no worries

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Hey King of Being at the Lake.

I'm unavailable tonight or tommorow, but W-Sun I'm hanging out with the fam and should be able to find some time for whatever is convenient for your schedule.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
King we need to play still.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

We do, are you good around 4:15 CST?

Should be, I'll be on around that time.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
0-2 King takes it. Thopter combo is pretty strong and a mull to 5 in game 2 didn't help :(

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Backno my weekend is shot completely but I have friday off from work and can be super accomodating that day because since I forgot I had it off I have nothing happening that day :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

2-1 against Wildfire1.

gently caress mulls to 5.

he has clearly found a way to rig the xmage, I had the same issues in legacy :v:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Backno posted:

And I have the opposite problem. I don't have access to my comp today. Can we maybe do something during the week? I am free pretty much any time.

sure, but I work 10-7 california time.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Backno posted:

This is fine. I work nights so I will be awake.

you available tonight? I've never seen you on IRC we must be missing each other.

e: irc says backno was last seen 1 month ago?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
did we drop down to like 9 players or something how did I make top8

Steve let me know your schedule. My tuesdays and fridays are shot to poo poo but maybe we can grab an evening on wednesday or thursday?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Ahh well here's how my life works right now: As of 10PM last night I'm working midnight-4PM tonight and again tomorrow night, which means the next 48 hours will be work, sleep, and literally nothing else. I'm taking my wife and my daughter to the local carnival thing/deathtrap/whatever it is Friday night. Maybe I can play around 11PM-midnight EST on Saturday? I think Sunday is free-ish too but I'd prefer Saturday night because my wife and I are both off Sunday.

I have to run the GF back to her place and run errands on Saturday but I should be able to be around late that night. I'll update you if I'm not available around that time. How late can you go on Saturday?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

I'd prefer to start by 2AM EST.

I was in IRC from 9pm PST until now but never saw you around so I played a poo poo ton of dota.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

That sounds awful. I was waiting for you to post here. Honestly, I was pretty beat anyway. I worked way too many in hours in way too few days on way too little sleep and it all caught up with me last night. How does tonight look for you? My wife has to wake up early so she'll be going to sleep around 9/10 EST. I'll get on IRC then.

sounds good. I won't be available at all next week between travel for GenCon and GenCon itself.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
2-1 me. game 1 steve draws cards that do things while I draw 10 lands and 4 inquisitions and flood to death while he digs 3-4 times.

game 2 I nut bob into liliana into bbe and his blood moon doesn't stop the beats because he draws bad.

game 3 I play around blood moon and his double relics keep my goyfs small forever but I continue to draw jundy gas and he is perpetually on the back foot until i run him down.

Dig is busted fyi

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

I lost because of it in the Vintage event. If you are paying mana for something, remember to crack fetches before or risk not being able to crack them at all.

That's how real magic works too

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

eSporks posted:

Except that it's an acceptable shortcut and no judge will ever hold you accountable for it.

Verbal shortcutting is allowed, yes, but literally if your opponent says "hey I am responding to the fetch" you have to back it up to before you cast the spell and activate the fetch first, which a judge will make you do.

Expecting a videogame version to understand verbal shortcuts is a bit unrealistic.

Like, i can tell my opponent "hey I'm gonna fetch a forest cast GSZ for 0 and get dryad arbor cool?" and then crack a misty and wind up with a GSZ missing from my hand and two new lands on the board (maybe even while my opponent is doing their draw step/main phase) but in terms of what happened via the actual rules I had to do those in a very specific sequential order with multiple shuffles.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
LKer let me know when you can play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat Lker 2-1. Game 3 he mulled to that many cards and I had the nuts to remove every critter he played on his pretty solid draws while also hitting him with a giant tarmogoyf, because I did not have to mull to 3.

• Locked thread