Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card do you most want to see unbanned
Sword of the Meek
Dig Through Time
Bloodbraid Elf
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
View Results

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I suspect Infect will not care very much about life gain from Thopter/Sword.

Also I'm in. I'll probably jam Jund or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Ramos posted:

It'll probably care about the flying blockers.

Not sure if I want to join yet.

Sure it'll be a little worse but there's still Apostle's Blessing/Distortion Strike.

Partial Octopus posted:

Ban every card in modern. Ban the format.

But mostly this, yeah. Also unban Jace.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

If enough people would like that I'm up for it, otherwise I'd just start a new non unban one up in two months after this one finishes

I'm out if I can't play with Bloodbraid. We should probably unban Deathrite and Jace too.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

if we're going to unban enough cards that we're merely playing lovely legacy I'm out. I think the three in the OP are fine, but I think everything else on the banlist has pretty good reason for being there.

I want to see if Jace will be kept in check by BBE like everyone says. Or if it would even be good.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I completely forgot about posting lists.

Anyone have a jund deck list with BBE handy? Never played jund but it seems fun.

http://deckbox.org/sets/846882

- Thundermaw
- Tasigur
- 2 Huntmaster
+ 4 BBE

Possibly -1/2 something +1/2 Kolaghan's Command

SB
- whatever probably Feed the Clan
+ Thundermaw

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

SuicideSteve v. instantrunoffvote

So I'll be around tomorrow night and probably Wednesday later at night. Thursday-Monday I'll be around in the early afternoon, say 1:30 EST, baby willing. As long as we can start by then that should give me time to finish before work.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

SuicideSteve v. instantrunoffvote

I think he's dead. I posted the day pairings were posted and IIRC he no-showed for your vintage match too. And by Tuesday at midnight do you mean literally Tuesday midnight or the end of Tuesday going into Wednesday?

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 3, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

instantrunoffvote posted:

Sorry, not dead, just really busy. I'm free all of tomorrow, though, so if there's anytime then that would work for you?

We'll see. I'm taking my daughter for her 3 month checkup early afternoon and I probably have to go out and deal with car nonsense after that. Tomorrow night or Wednesday early afternoon might work? I haven't actually seen my wife for a week (she gets home from work and I leave for work within 15 minutes) so I think we're planning on going out one of those nights.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

instantrunoffvote posted:

I work nights, so Wednesday would be easier for me.

Are you around tonight at all?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gonna off until Wednesday so irv and suicidesteve can play

If fiend computer doesn't reply before then the winner is wildfire1

From that point on there will be a strict 1 week deadline

And again can I suggest we look at who's tried to make contact when giving out losses? It's getting pretty annoying that almost every match I've played in a goon league has involved me rescheduling my life after my opponent shows up a week into the round when people start asking for results. Somehow this always works out so that I'm either playing on 2 hours of sleep or my wife is at work and I'm trying to juggle a crying baby and play Wizard Cardboard because I don't have a reasonable time frame to schedule my match.

Edit: Not that I'm playing this round on 2 hours of sleep/with a crying baby, just to be clear. Not complaining about my current opponent outside of being a little late posting.

Anyway, 2/0 in some horrible, grindy games.

Edit 2: Huntmaster is a messed up card.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 3, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

At least I didn't dick you around.

Nope, I made the choice to play that match that way. I try not to play if I'm on baby duty but or if I haven't slept but that was a really bad week for me so I just played when I had time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Babylon Astronaut posted:

suicidesteve, when is good for you?

Uhh, I have no idea. Probably sometime during the weekend, say after dinner time EST. I'll be dealing with a crying baby Saturday all night so Sunday, 9ish would be better. Monday or Tuesday would be best though, depending on what my wife works.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'll just be getting off work sunday at 9pm est. I then have monday and tuesday off, so anywhere in there is fine.

Monday is my Friday so let's aim for Monday or Tuesday. My wife will be home around 1045 Monday. Do you want to aim for 11 PM?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Monday at 11 PM sounds great. Then if things go fucky, Tuesday is still on the table but I plan on being in IRC and on the Woogerworks server at 11 EST.

Sounds good. Post here too because there's about a 79% chance I'll forget.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm in woogerworks as grixtronaut.

goons/mcmagic

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1 over Babylon Astronaut in some pretty good games. Game 1 I kinda ran him over with Clique and counters. Game 2 I mulled Island, Serum Visions, 5 spells, kept a bad 6 which was better than going to 5, drew 5 lands in a row, and got Choked with all my lands Islands which were tapped. Game 3 I missed land 3 for a few turns, but he got flooded. I had to tap low to get a 3-for-1 Pyroclasm to keep my life high and he landed a Choke which really threw a wrench in my plans. I'd played around it as best I could by fetching the one basic Forest my draw had allowed. His Urborg was pretty helpful with all the fetches I drew at least. Luckily he didn't have much going on after the Pyroclasm, so I took a few hits from his guy and eventually drew my 4th land so I could EOT Cryptic his Choke back to his hand, untap all my Islands, and have Snapcaster-Cryptic or Clique to get rid of the Choke. I took the Cryptic line, and then EOT Dug Through Time. Dig Through Time is a spectacularly stupid card, by the way. Dig got Dig and Cryptic, my next Dig got Dig and Snapcaster, and really what deck is coming back from that?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

2/1 over Babylon Astronaut in some pretty good games.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I need the results, if any from sigmax v. ESporks and suicidesteve v. Suicidesteves opponent

Are we doing deck lists for this one?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

ShaneB posted:

Decklist link was posted last page I think.

So it was.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I think Sigma-X disappeared or something. I've been trying to play him in build your own standard for the past week.

He actually moved but still I haven't heard back from him in a week.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

always be closing and Backno

Lker and ShaneB

ChewyLSB and wildfire1

Babylon Astronaut and Sigma-X

Kizudarake and TheKingofSprings

Gangsines and Jonked

odiv and instantrunoffvote

PhyrexianLibrarian and Aston

SuicideSteve and TheLawinator

Fingers McLongDong and eSporks

Here's postings for those of you too lazy to click that link, which I assume is everyone. I'm only doing this because I'm at work and getting paid to.

When are we fighting Lawinator? Tonight probably works, Saturday after 11 PM EST or so, and Sunday after 5PMish works too.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

This says tonight at midnight. Steve lets play asap.

Well I work til midnight for the next 4 days which is kinda why I wanted to play sometime in the last week.

Edit: also technically Thursday at midnight was 14 hours ago, or 15 hours ago if we're on his time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

eSporks posted:

suicidesteve I am basically free all weekend, and free weekdays 5pm PST to 10pm PST.

I'm thinking probably Tuesday around 5/6 your time will work best for me. Alternatively, tomorrow (Sunday night) around 9 your time I could probably get on once I get home from work. I'm working 4-12 Sunday so we're (hopefully) doing the whole Father's Day thing on Monday.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Playing my deck IRL and online recently and on here is like night and day. I've actually changed my mind about unbanning Dig. Thirst does an ok Dig impression but it's not the same at all. I actually do think if they ban Exarch/Twin Dig could come off the list. Not that they'd ever ban anything from Twin or make a non-Twin blue deck good.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1 here thanks to the timer. Very weird game 1, I had a turn 4 kill game 2, and game 3 started with like 3 minutes on his clock.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

odiv posted:

Do we even have set rules for the timer? I can't remember what I have it set as, but I think my default is a little extra from when everyone was getting used to XMage for the Legacy tournament.

I'm pretty sure it was set to 50 which I think is as high as it goes. It might have been 40. Either way, it was looking kinda grim for him with a Clique beating down and him stuck at 2 lands.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

I'm at GP Lille all this weekend but I should be around all day Monday if that works for you Suicidesteve

Uhhhhh what's your schedule like during the week? I start working 4PM-12 Monday-Saturday.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

I work 9-5 gmt.

Depending on when the water guys come to replace my meter on Monday I might be able to play around 1-2 EST/6-7 your time. I'm off Sunday so I can probably be pretty open then too.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

always be closing posted:

My guy never responded so gently caress it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

I'm around this weekend.

When?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

Well I was around pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday but I didn't see you in #mtgoon

Yeah, I don't really go there unless I'm meeting someone for a battle. I'm not normally on my computer when I'm home.

What's your schedule like during the week?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I'm around now but I'd like to eat dinner soon.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

Maybe not tonight but if you can aim for this time tomorrow I can be ready.

I work 'til noon tomorrow, so that doesn't work.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

So how about tonight?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Aston posted:

I should be around in a little while, hour and a half or so?

I probably won't be around for an hour or so and I'll probably be cooking dinner then. Your schedule is literally the opposite of the east coast.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

The culmination of our 2 week journey is that we have drawn.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

did we drop down to like 9 players or something how did I make top8

Steve let me know your schedule. My tuesdays and fridays are shot to poo poo but maybe we can grab an evening on wednesday or thursday?

Ahh well here's how my life works right now: As of 10PM last night I'm working midnight-4PM tonight and again tomorrow night, which means the next 48 hours will be work, sleep, and literally nothing else. I'm taking my wife and my daughter to the local carnival thing/deathtrap/whatever it is Friday night. Maybe I can play around 11PM-midnight EST on Saturday? I think Sunday is free-ish too but I'd prefer Saturday night because my wife and I are both off Sunday.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

I have to run the GF back to her place and run errands on Saturday but I should be able to be around late that night. I'll update you if I'm not available around that time. How late can you go on Saturday?

I'd prefer to start by 2AM EST.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

I was in IRC from 9pm PST until now but never saw you around so I played a poo poo ton of dota.

That sounds awful. I was waiting for you to post here. Honestly, I was pretty beat anyway. I worked way too many in hours in way too few days on way too little sleep and it all caught up with me last night. How does tonight look for you? My wife has to wake up early so she'll be going to sleep around 9/10 EST. I'll get on IRC then.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

1/2.

Game 1 I mull, hit land 3 on like, turn 4, land 4 a few turns later, and finally my 3rd blue a few turns after that, he flooded, and Dig is an absurd card.

Game 2 I got mana screwed and he had an insane draw.

Game 3 I should have mulled but kept 4 lands, Relic, EE, Blood Moon, and drew 4 or 5 more and never found any of my Bolts, counters, or creatures even after popping a Relic.

I remain unconvinced that this shuffler actually shuffles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Because the Inkmoth gains Infect rather than just having it, Inkmoth can't actually do damage with Melira in play. The exception is if Melira comes into play after Inkmoth has already been animated like through Chord or something.

• Locked thread