Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sword or Whip?
Sword
Whip
Glyphs lol
View Results

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Whip it good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ROBO_ERECTUS posted:

Whip it good.

It will not work. Perhaps the same could be said of all tactics.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Your weapon is ineffective against this enemy!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me: Hey girl, sword or whip tonight?

Her: Sword.

Me: [long, awkward pause] Sorry... it's whip again.

Her: [sighing]

Dec 26, 2012

Mach2 posted:

If you play Soul Calibur you can have both in the same weapon, which is better

same in bloodborne

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Me: Hey girl, sword or whip tonight?

Her: Sword.

Me: [long, awkward pause] Sorry... it's whip again.

Her: [sighing]

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Did I see people talking poo poo about OoE and my wife, Shanoa?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Spears were the best in all the CV games that had them.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
What the gently caress is wrong with Konami? The man mostly responsible for the 2D Castlevania games shouldn't have to be asking for money on Kickstarter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Konami? The man mostly responsible for the 2D Castlevania games shouldn't have to be asking for money on Kickstarter.

he doesn't work for konami any more

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

he doesn't work for konami any more

That's probably what's wrong.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Stairmaster posted:

Soral
May 30, 2009

im in clan bullwhip

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

for some reason thehy decided that iga was more suited to working on loli mecha bullet hell games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

for some reason thehy decided that iga was more suited to working on loli mecha bullet hell games

You would know... gently caress you.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I'm glad he got out of there.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
Let me select the bloodlines lance.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

code:

Now watch me Whip

😜
   👊/||\_ 
    _/¯    ¯\_

Now watch me Nae Nae 

👋 
    \ 😳
        || \_
    _/¯  ¯\_

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
for my sub-weapon i pick... a second whip!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Swords were good in SOTN, especially that one that let you attack and move at the same time.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
SOTN has some cool weapons

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The concept of whips was created by Devo in 1980, with their hit single, "Miracle Whip." The catchy song had a huge effect on modern culture, eventually inspiring Thomas Pynchon to write the famous passage in Mason & Dixon where the two surveyors see a group of slaves get whipped by their owners in Maryland. The historical anachronism of having whips in this dramatic scene helps bring across the confusion and disconnect that Mason & Dixon have visiting the "land of the free," yet seeing horrors a thousand times worse than in England. In conclusion, bring back the guns from Aria of Sorrow and make a game with those.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I think having a gun-using protagonist could open up a lot of new, unexplored territory in the Castlevania series. For example: Dracula's castle has only ever been summoned in Europe and Japan. What about the New World? During the American Revolution, Dracula's Castle suddenly appears in New Jersey. With all the military forces on the continent currently fighting, the sole thing standing between Dracula and control of all of North America is minuteman John Proctor: armed only with his musket, his faith, and the mistaken belief that Dracula is infamous British general "Gentleman" John Burgoyne. It all comes to a head in Castlevania: Battle Hymn of Ichor.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sir, this is a McD... a McDona... this is a... *falls asleep trying to read your posts*

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The year is 1950. Adolf Hitler and other top Nazi brass have fled to Argentina to continue their occult experiments. They finally succeed in summoning Dracula in the Andes, and it turns out he's a big fan. The one thing they didn't count on: the burro-riding gaucho Guillermo Cortazar. With his knife and six-shooter, Cortazar must fight his way through both the Castle and Machu Picchu to stop Hitler in Castlevania: Tarantella of Horror.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SunAndSpring posted:

Swords were good in SOTN, especially that one that let you attack and move at the same time.

the crissaegrim. you could dual wield them (if you managed to farm enough to get two to drop) and become a pain train

Sgt. Slobber
May 15, 2011
The swords in the Sorrow games were better than SOTN because they actually had unique properties and swing animations and junk that affected your playstyle. SOTN was like all just the same slash all day every day.

Whips are cool too, but go team glyph

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
As long as this doesn't end up like Mighty No. 9, I'm excited.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
sword all day every drat day bitch. symphony of the night and aria of sorrow are the dopest castlevanias cause theres so many motherfucking swords

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

NickRoweFillea posted:

the crissaegrim. you could dual wield them (if you managed to farm enough to get two to drop) and become a pain train

if thats the one that did like an rear end of slashes everytime you hit attack i got two of them and put dracula to sleep witg them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Edit: a kickstarter I mean

no fuckin thanks

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

kickstarter makes me uncum

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
two crissaegrims, lord's armor, two rings of varda, idk like the headband or something, and the blood cape

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*makes le feel face irl after realizing that the fuckass kickstarter is the closest we will have to a new 2d castle vania since scumbag konami is trying to kill itself*

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

sword

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SunAndSpring posted:

As long as this doesn't end up like Mighty No. 9, I'm excited.

comcept may be involved with this lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i didnt back mighty no 9 or really care about it but they videos getting posted of it are pretty sad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i didnt back mighty no 9 or really care about it but they videos getting posted of it are pretty sad
What's the story? I haven't heard anything beyond "It's made by the Mega Man guy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the story? I haven't heard anything beyond "It's made by the Mega Man guy."

it looks like a really bad phone game

• Locked thread