Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't the original run of Heroes have to have Peter and Sylar have their climactic battle off-screen because they were both too powerful to show using their powers like that on a TV budget?

Yes and no.

The leadup to Heroes finale had episodes that were in the future. Where there was a Peter who had full control of his powers, vs a Sylar who had an assortment of powers as well. That off screen battle, with Mohinder's door, at the time I at least wrote off as being understandable, as "obviously" they were saving that payoff for the face off in the final fight of the season in the season finale where they would both be able to show out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLo0PAciIMc

Then that fight turned out to be a dud too, and I should have realized then that Heroes was going to do nothing but disappoint me.

But man. Company Man was sooo good, and to this day is still one of my favorite episodes of Television.

Edit: Also man, I forgot how bad the mid-00s were on Youtube. There are way too many Peter/Sylar fan music videos with terrible music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It was 5 years later. He spent two years in the house and then ran and won the senate seat.

I mean it probably wasn't mentioned in the show, and was more than likely a mistake, but it is possible.

Also Senator's are congressman. As are Representatives. Both the House and Senate are a part of "Congress"

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 15, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sir Kodiak posted:

Weirdly, this is not the common usage in America.

Really? I live in the Midwesst and I've only heard Senator's and representatives used. That's weird.

• Locked thread