Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sailing was fun but it got tedious after awhile. I think fast sailing strikes a fine balance between chill sailing and getting places with less frustration. The most important thing was that you didn't have to stop and change the wind anymore.

A Link Between Worlds was such a satisfying game. I too wished that game didn't have to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I rented Wind Waker and got annoyed by it even though I remembered loving it, and I realized it's because I felt the need to rush to beat it on the rental, and it's really a game that you have to play when you have time to relax. Most of the 3-D Zeldas seem like games that you have to take your time with. They really don't want you to rush through.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I rented Wind Waker and got annoyed by it even though I remembered loving it, and I realized it's because I felt the need to rush to beat it on the rental, and it's really a game that you have to play when you have time to relax. Most of the 3-D Zeldas seem like games that you have to take your time with. They really don't want you to rush through.

The 2D Zeldas too. I rented A Link to the Past when I was on crutches for a couple of days, and I had to buy it, so that I could spend time exploring both the light and dark worlds. It's best to take your time with Zeldas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got completely stuck in oracle of ages and I want to go back and keep playing but I looked up a video for the part I'm stuck on and the solution they showed just plain doesn't exist in my game so I was confused. I need to go back to that after I'm done with my recent pile of Mario games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What part.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

What part.

It's in the dungeon where you get the magnet glove, and I have the boss key and I've been to every square on the map except the room with the boss door. To get in there's a switch that needs to remain pressed on the other side of a square wall but there's no iron ball to put on it. So I figured I was missing something but when I watched a video there was just a ball in that room. I'm probably being a retard and missing something obvious

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It's in the dungeon where you get the magnet glove, and I have the boss key and I've been to every square on the map except the room with the boss door. To get in there's a switch that needs to remain pressed on the other side of a square wall but there's no iron ball to put on it. So I figured I was missing something but when I watched a video there was just a ball in that room. I'm probably being a retard and missing something obvious

i remember emulating link to the past, and there was a very odd issue where little strips of space were missing. just long horizontal lines that were blank and if link stepped over them he would fall "into a pit". it actually wasnt a problem at all until the turtle rock dungeon, there was a strip missing right outside the boss door i would fall through and there was absolutely no way around it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

If it's the room I'm thinking of you need to kill the dark nut for a ball to appear. also that's oracle of seasons lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

If it's the room I'm thinking of you need to kill the dark nut for a ball to appear. also that's oracle of seasons lol

Yeah that's what I meant oops. I think I've killed that thing before? Maybe I was on the wrong side when I did?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

i remember emulating link to the past, and there was a very odd issue where little strips of space were missing. just long horizontal lines that were blank and if link stepped over them he would fall "into a pit". it actually wasnt a problem at all until the turtle rock dungeon, there was a strip missing right outside the boss door i would fall through and there was absolutely no way around it

i played really far into link gets laid

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wind waker is so loving chill and dorky I love it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

when i die i want to be reborn in wind waker's world

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

the nice thing about Zelda is that you can always go back and look for the Skulltulas later if you want to, or the heart pieces, or anything else. you can just kind of relax and collect what you want to, and come back for more after you have completed the game.

Whenever I play ocarina I try to collect as much as I possibly can the moment it becomes available. I walk into dodongo's cavern with 7 hearts and into the forest temple with biggoron's sword.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

when i die i want to be reborn in wind waker's world

I'd like to be reborn in the world of Pokemon.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't want to die

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

to do list, item ???: do not die until game freak take over is complete

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i've thought about this often, and i would like this as well

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
what if you came back as a rattata or something lovely though?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres going to be a nintendo direct tomorrow at noon EST for nintendo's E3 plans. ownage

in case some of you dont know

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

link is big now and i cant use my poo poo i collected

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gotta collect more poo poo

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

link is big now and i cant use my poo poo i collected

elf help book posted:

gotta collect more poo poo

it's a journey with many parallels to real life, in this gamer's opinion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Update: I went and killed the guy but nothing happened so I started pushing all the blocks in the room and pushing the one block to the right made a ball appear. I could have sworn I tried this before but apparently that block might only move if you've killed the darknut, which I may have not done in th past. Phew time to pick this sweet game back up then!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My only complaint with most of the 2d Zeldas is that a lot of the puzzles involve pushing otherwise normal blocks in a certain direction. Sometimes it's obvious but sometimes it's not so I spend a lot of time just pushing every block I see to see if it triggers something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Whenever I play ocarina I try to collect as much as I possibly can the moment it becomes available. I walk into dodongo's cavern with 7 hearts and into the forest temple with biggoron's sword.

I also do this the second time that I play through each game, because my brain is broken. Cheers.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

I wish the OP the best of luck.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i did the forest temple last night

i went up the climbing part before i had all the keys i needed so i kept having to go back down then go back up again, and then the stupid skeletons that give you the bow and arrow would knockl me down the middle of the room and id have to climb it all again this was really annoying

the part where you shoot ganondorf as hes coming out of the paintings was really cool with gyro aiming and stereo sound and 3d, i just sat in a office chair and spun around

this was as far as i got last time i played so its all new to me now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i did the forest temple last night

i went up the climbing part before i had all the keys i needed so i kept having to go back down then go back up again, and then the stupid skeletons that give you the bow and arrow would knockl me down the middle of the room and id have to climb it all again this was really annoying

the part where you shoot ganondorf as hes coming out of the paintings was really cool with gyro aiming and stereo sound and 3d, i just sat in a office chair and spun around

gyro aiming that stuff sounds cool. Lots of classic temples coming up, have fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started oracle of seasons again and found the missing ball and fought the next boss. Cool fight and the magnet glove is a really sweet item that they have used in a variety of unique ways

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

elf help book posted:

holy gently caress, that sounds like a fun time. Semper Games

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
much like when i owned the n64 original i bought this game and palyed it for a while but got bored long before what i imagine was the halfway point. good luck.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I'd consider Link's achievements far more worthwhile if even a single Zelda villain posed a threat to him.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm two pages late but the reward for 100 gold skulltulas is literally just rupees, which is so unbelievably insignificant at that point in playing.

Make sure you get the cow in your house though that is the ultimate end game task.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Slur posted:

I'd consider Link's achievements far more worthwhile if even a single Zelda villain posed a threat to him.

Uh? Ganondorf is the King of Evil.

Maybe you should be a bit more informed about Zelda lore before you make claims you can't back up.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Make sure you get the cow in your house though that is the ultimate end game task.

No, the ultimate endgame task is beating the postman in the race from the desert to the woods. It'll take a few tries but don't give up OP, it's worth it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Bruce Boxliker posted:

No, the ultimate endgame task is beating the postman in the race from the desert to the woods. It'll take a few tries but don't give up OP, it's worth it.

can we get a mod in here to ban this anti-gamer?

telling uninformed gamers to try and do impossible things isn't cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SeXReX posted:

can we get a mod in here to ban this anti-gamer?

telling uninformed gamers to try and do impossible things isn't cool

id rather you be banned

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

elf help book posted:

id rather you be banned

excuse me, but cow in house is the ultimate in OoT goals

it's so hardcore the people who speedrun "100%" are afraid to do it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

id rather you be banned

hell, why choose when we could have both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

SeXReX posted:

excuse me, but cow in house is the ultimate in OoT goals

it's so hardcore the people who speedrun "100%" are afraid to do it.

That's just hosed up.

• Locked thread