Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also while I love the game the controls in Wind Waker HD are really getting on my nerves for some reason, especially the fact that I can't invert the Y axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i kind of didnt like it cause every dungeon had to be piss easy since they may all be your first

then again zelda games have all been easy after link to the past

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lttp is easy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They haven't been hard since they left the NES

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are at least some challenging segments and the devs werent afraid of having enemies take off big chunks of hp. in recent games an enemy can only deal over a heart of damage if they give you 10 seconds to dodge

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

i kind of didnt like it cause every dungeon had to be piss easy since they may all be your first

then again zelda games have all been easy after link to the past

they felt short

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i played some windwaker in virtual reality and that was really good, i think once you reach a certain level of immersion within the hylian realms you could choose to simply not return and live a whole new way, anyways good luck if you didnt win yet

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Also while I love the game the controls in Wind Waker HD are really getting on my nerves for some reason, especially the fact that I can't invert the Y axis

WTF........ can you do this in Twilight Princess or should I cancel my Amazon order? I can invert the axis in the 3DS games ...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do people like to use the camera. Do you like 1:1 or do you like controlling the location of the camera

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me personally I usually make it so horizontal is 1:1 and vertical is camera position, which might just be insane to cross the streams like that but it's how I am.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im running out of sidequests

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I started playing Majora's Mask 3d yesterday, and holy hell, that game is layered and it rules.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I tried wind waker in dolphin with everything maxed out at 4k. Shelving it for now while I play some other stuff but God drat I'm looking forward to that. The last time I played it I was all doped out after knee surgery on a tiny rear end best buy brand HDTV in like 2009. I love Zelda.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I beat The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

with that i have gone from having played none of the 3d zeldas, to all of them

mods, please change the thread icon to

admins, please change my plat icon to a triforce

nintendo, please release information about the new zelda and the nx console

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elf help book posted:

I beat The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

I'm proud of you. Did you enjoy them?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda by a wide margin and it's bizarre that such a game was ever made

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda by a wide margin and it's bizarre that such a game was ever made

It's a really dark, bleak Zelda game. Link's Awakening and Twilight Princess are two more that come to mind.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm proud of you. Did you enjoy them?

theyre really good

im a dungeon boy so majoras mask wasnt my favorite but its obvious quality. its weird they didnt have the same focus on sidequests included within a later larger game. i guess wind waker was trying a little of that on the town island

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i did all the sidequests because it felt rude not to, thats the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i did all the sidequests because it felt rude not to, thats the game

if you didnt get the fierce deity mask, you didnt beat mm IMO

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

instead of spending all this time to make zelda but skyrim they could just make more games in this 3ds ocarina port engine and id be just as happy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

zelda being seen as nintendos one AAA franchise is probably a really bad thing

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

you know theres going to be a 4 hour town segment where you cant even hold a sword

Awesome.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

[playing Zelda64 and completely stumped in kokori village because ive only played the last two zelda games and need a 5 hour handholding introduction/tutorial] This is hosed up. It only played one cutscene. What. the. gently caress. AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOOO

gently caress it ill stick to the twilight princess remaster. this game has bad graphics anyways.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

what in the hell?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

elf help book posted:

good job

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

[playing Zelda64 and completely stumped in kokori village because ive only played the last two zelda games and need a 5 hour handholding introduction/tutorial] This is hosed up. It only played one cutscene. What. the. gently caress. AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOOO

gently caress it ill stick to the twilight princess remaster. this game has bad graphics anyways.

Hey. Listen.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I love everything about it except the 3 days mechanic. It just always rubbed me the wrong way, and made me feel unpleasantly pressured

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I mean it's awesome how things function over the 3 days, it just gave me anxiety

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its not really a big deal but not super interesting anyway, its obnoxious it can force you to have to repeat bosses

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

it gives you tons of time to do what you need to do, and even more so if you play the slow-time song. it doesn't really restrict you that much but it puts a small but constant time pressure on you which gives it tension, which is something other zelda games dont have

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

conceitedguy posted:

it gives you tons of time to do what you need to do, and even more so if you play the slow-time song. it doesn't really restrict you that much but it puts a small but constant time pressure on you which gives it tension, which is something other zelda games dont have

All of that is certainly true, but I still don't like it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's cool because it let them do specific events and NPC routines in a way that made the scripting feel less artificial, and also sidestepped the problem of "interesting stuff always happens only when the player shows up" by letting that stuff just happen anyway, but it's okay because if you miss it you can just go back.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

elf help book posted:

that's great and all, but if you haven't found the triforce and unfrozen zora's domain, you aren't done with ocarina of time.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've never beat mm without the slow time active. Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I just bought an OoT 3D cart, I haven't played OoT in a few years so I'm excited to revisit it like this.

I told myself in January I would try a minimal hearts run in a Zelda game this year, maybe this is where it happens.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 2, 2016

• Locked thread