Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Do you ever think you're kind of giving this too much thought? Why not just be who you are and ignore everything else? The only people who're going to think less of you for keeping your sexuality a secret are probably going to be pretty poo poo people with no empathy anyway and most of your friends probably won't give a poo poo and just be happy that you're happy. At the end of the day you're not going to get another go 'round might as well live your life.

A friend of mine came out in the last couple of years, until that point he'd always sworn he was straight and even dated a woman or two. When he finally came out and started dating a dude the biggest reaction was probably one guy who said "ha, knew you liked dick" and that was about it. It's not as though any of us were angry he'd been closeted more just felt bad that he didn't think he could be open with us.

One thing I am curious of though, I've been guilty myself and I've heard people who're pretty accepting of all genders, races, sexualities etc of occasionally jokingly calling someone a "fag" or saying "that's gay" in place of "that's lame". I guess the whole south park episode on the issue kind of sums that one up in terms of not realising its insensitive but it's not meant in a hateful way to anyone gay (yes before SJW jump on me here, I know that doesn't make it ok). Is that something that gives you the shits or offends you or does it not bother you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread