Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

I like using guns as a safety net if I'm doing an ironman run or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

is that verviticus, famous hockey fan and top tier spy from the Lost Continents tf2 server

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

I've tried it a couple times but never beaten it. Having to peek around every door to make sure there's no camera there kills me every time :(

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

yeah but I always forget to because I'm so used to expert

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

hey me and another designer (also my boss) are gonna play a super hard mode and die a lot and give out game keys if you guys wanna check it out http://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Underwhelmed posted:

Well that big steaming run came to an end. I am pretty sure that there was no exit on the level though. The only door I had not opened was a high security vault door that required an executive keycard, and that should have been the vault. I had a scan of the map outline and there were no rooms left (besides the vault) so it can't be a case that there was a door tucked in a corner that I missed either. Either the exit was in the actual vault or the level generation hosed up.

The room with 3 turrets was hilarious after I had them all hacked and started luring guards in. At that point I knew there was no exit so I figured I would take as many of the fuckers with me as I could. RIP lovely Archive Tony Xu, Nika, and Banks.

Late in Endless, the exit is behind a vault door that has a keycard in one of the safes in the level.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Stik, if you're still around, there's a bug with the exit codes in Endless that I found out while streaming last night. You can use the exit keycard on vault doors, and it doesn't use them up. The exit keycard will still be in your inventory, and it can be taken to the next mission as long as you didn't use it on the actual exit door.

EDIT: I'm streaming Endless + right now, if you wanna watch and get some pointers. http://www.hitbox.tv/TastyLemonDrops

EDIT2: Torque Injectors work with disrupters. Archive Nika has an augment that reduces all item cooldowns by 1 whenever she uses a disrupter. Archive Nika's disrupter attacks have no cooldown with a torque injector.

Yeah, redreader isn't wrong -- it's not a good solution, but we figured only really hardcore people would see it anyway and it'd be better than the unwinnable situation. Maybe we'll go back and fix it with some good design in the future. Nice runs, btw, been watching them at home and you're definitely beasting this game.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Since it's a vault door, we thought it'd be too confusing if the keycard didn't also open up the regular vault doors. It was a thing we ran into about a week before launch, and we kind of just threw up our hands and did the easy thing and went to go fix crash bugs instead.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks! I gotta say reading this thread makes me super happy every day.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Gyshall posted:

How about that OP, eh? Eh???

Best OP

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

I think we're going to post about this officially at some point, but if we added some additional modes to the game (think Time Attack or Endless) is there anything that people would be super into?

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

yikes! thanks, I'll check that out

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

don't look at me i'm a monster

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

We've got some news on our DLC plans on the horizon. Not sure when it will get posted officially.

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

We're on sale -for 40% off this weekend in addition to the update, if anyone's interested and hasn't checked out the game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/243970

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

The DLC is coming soon (tm), I'm on a different game but I'm playtesting it right now and it's pretty fun! I'm excited for it to come out.

re: the last page or so, yeah we definitely took a less simulationist approach than say something like Hitman: Blood Money, where you can do all sorts of fun stuff with putting guns in crates / disguises / AI reactions etc etc. It would have been tons of fun to have that stuff, but at the end of the day I think we just didn't have enough design bandwidth to plan it all out and balance it. I would love to see a procedural sim stealth game one day though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stiknork
Aug 3, 2006

Fano posted:

For those looking to move up in difficulty, this guy has an amazing series up where he plays ridiculously difficulty campaigns: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSzYc9hNynCVpd-BPJgMR--QDJ6wZIMko

I learned a lot by watching him, it's pre-DLC, but the concepts are the same regardless.

woah! this is super cool, thanks for posting it

• Locked thread