Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Do I need lethal weapons? I'm doing pretty okay with non lethal so far, but I'm worried....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Woo completed the game on beginner.

Yay I saved the world from global warming at the low low cost of about 9000 casualties! What, evil AI you say? Well, it seems to me that if it's 2045 and the global temperature is increasing by 3% (!) per year, we're getting pretty drat close to runaway warming and a Venus type scenario. Besides, someone else's already put death lasers into space.

So. Long live our glorious computerised mistress!

Are there alternative endings with different difficulty levels?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Can I just double check - the 'time limit' for selecting missions doesn't matter for the penultimate mission, right? Like if I'm on the last hour of the last day, I can go pick a 12 hour mission?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Hmm, how moddable is this game?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

I think those edge cases can be explained by the guard walking past and while they were adjacent they turned towards your agent and the cone of vision overlaps.

Yeah, when a patrol path terminates, the guards seem to do a quick look around that expands their angle of view momentarily.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Yeah, it's like an EMP.

Hmm, does the EMP also disable heart rate monitors?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

stiknork posted:

I think we're going to post about this officially at some point, but if we added some additional modes to the game (think Time Attack or Endless) is there anything that people would be super into?

I think this could benefit from a Castle Doctrine style 'design a level, prove that you can beat it, then publish to your friends and challenge them to beat it' - though that'd require a level editor, of course. Also the ability to obtain a seed for particular levels and type it in to generate a particular level would also be good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Gyshall posted:

I wanna play as corporate scum

Put-Everything-Back-Where-You-Found-It mode. Start with a fully equipped team, go back through the levels recycling everything at the nanofabs to get credits, then put the credits into the safes and lock the doors. Use incognita to turn the cameras and all the other hacked stuff back into hostile control. Drag all the guards back on to their patrol routes and massage them into wakefulness.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Camera drones are listed as EMP Vulnerable if you mouse over them.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

He comes with +1 speed built in....

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

I'd much prefer the +1 speed aug since it's trivially easy to add a level or two of speed to a new agent, and a free +1AP on top of that at all times is a really good bonus. I don't like his daemon sniffer at all, it just isn't very good imo. It's way too situational and it becomes largely useless once you have Xu/a daemon-mitigation program of some kind.

I'm just grumpy because I love his character design but don't like actually using him very much anymore :smith: the cloak is really his only saving grace now, and when you find him in jail it's like "oh. Okay I guess."

Well, you sacrifice 1 AP in the long term, in the rare case where you max out speed, in favour of being able to use a cloaking device immediately if you pick up one without having to pay extra.

For a beginner's starter agent, frontloading the goodness - and not adding any new complicated mechanics - seems like a good move.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 28, 2015

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

dyzzy posted:

The gun is active for one round and then shuts down. So somebody with multiple attacks can shoot multiple times. Archive Nika doesn't have multiple attacks but anybody with stim III can take advantage of it.

Could you maybe shoot with one character and then pass it to another?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah, thanks game. This was really worth nine hours:

The next mission Monst3r had a vault card for sale and I had to sell one of my stun guns to get it. Unfortunately the amount of babysitting I had to do meant a reduction in early scouting. Ended up wiping at alarm level 4 when I took a wrong turn and went as far away from the teleporters as possible. That level was way too big for a security rating of 2 even if it was K&O.

I once managed to combo that on Decker with an augment that gives bonus AP whenever you became cloaked. It was hilarious.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

If I am carrying a dude and standing on top of a dude, does that mean I am pinning two enemies with the same guy?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The answer is DRM. The answer is always DRM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Why do I have to own the game on Steam to buy the soundtrack? I bought it on GOG and my reward has been slower patching and no extras. I want to pay for the music but not enough to re-buy the game.

Try asking the devs. It's probably a result of how it's set up as a DLC.

• Locked thread