Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Disappointed to learn that Stim IV (+10AP, unlimited attacks in turn) does not combine neatly with Flurry gun (unlimited shots in the turn it's used) to allow me to kill everyone :(

e: But a lot of people did die so it's not all bad :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I'm still working my way up to Expert+. I tried a few runs but mission 3 was about as far as i could get before everything went to poo poo, usually because I had missed some minutia that I relied on (I didn't know EMP devices made noise)

So I dialled it back down to Expert+-but-with-guard-numbers-set-to-normal-instead-of-more. That run was dicey at first, but once I had a decent set of gadgets it was pretty easy (and my random roll at the start gave me Internationale which is basically cheat mode). I would like it if the game managed to scale difficulty to counter your success in previous missions.

I have a question. When i got Contingency Plan, two or three missions had "databanks" that gave me some lore fluff. But I haven't seen any databanks for weeks. Do they only spawn in particular missions?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Hannibal Rex posted:

It's much more fun and better balanced in the early game, when you don't have any decent equipment and programs.

Yeah, my favourite part of the game is the first few missions after I roll random agents and programs and just have to make do. By mid-game, I've usually got what I want and nothing can stop me (except my own incompetence). It really shows in those run-throughs on that youtube channel a few posts above.

I also dislike the predictability of the number of safes etc on a level. I think it's 5 per level by default, and there's no variability, so once you've got eyes on 5 safes you know there's no point looking for another. I think the same applies to the number of rooms, which is even worse (but I might be wrong on that).

I'd love to see some "spanner in the works" mechanics for later missions, like an agent suddenly being unavailable for a mission or items needing repairs (or outright breaking). More random stuff to throw the experienced player right off into panic mode.

I'm sure mods could make these tweaks easily, but I haven't seen any that do these things.

• Locked thread