Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batch
Jul 13, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Thanks for watching. I learned a couple new things, and remembered a few others, like Expert Plus turning off the ability to melee enemies who have vision of you. While Shalem is of questionable use below Expert Plus, he is very clearly a good character once you get up there. Starting with a 2 shot weapon (with 2 penetration) allows you to get out of sticky situations where you're in a face off with guards and can't melee because it's turned off in Expert Plus. A few of the Archive characters are actually a lot more useful in Expert Plus as well. Decker starts with a 6 shot revolver and a better starting augment at the cost of losing cloak. Shalem starts with a 3 shot pistol and a better disruptor at the cost of armor penetration. Banks starts with a 2 shot gun, but her On File variant is probably better.

I was watching your stream, and it took me a second to figure out what was going on with the executive and not being able to melee him. Expert plus is pretty crazy.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

His Subdermal Tools lets him loot corporate safes, executive terminals, and vault safes for free (and bypasses daemons). That part doesn't work with shops/cybernetic augmenters, but that'd just be dumb. Subdermal Tools also can disable drones and other various things of use, allowing you to save up power for more pressing matters. He also starts with a Modded Shock Trap that KO's guards for an additional turn more than the default Neural Disruptors (which Xu also starts with). You can set up traps to safeguard your rear, or keep one particular guard completely out of the picture by setting a trap next to a door after he's been KO'd. He will wake up and probably open that door, knocking him out again without you even being nearby. It also completely ignores armor, which is a godsend when you're up against Armor 4+ guards. Finally, Xu is the only character other than Nika who can by default KO two guards in a turn, and he uses cooldowns instead of power.

Xu is pretty great once you realize what he is good at. I was used to Decker and Internationale, so I didn't really "get" Xu at first. The last mission I played, I scouted out a bunch of daemon'ed safes and etc., so I sent him that direction, then had my other agents take the other route. He gathered at least 1000 credits without having to use power, programs, or triggering daemons. His -1 AP penalty is worth it for what he can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread