Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Ran out of power and ammo with Security level up to 6 and Decker pinned down with 2 armored guards closing in. Used the hostage to draw the guard's view (and fire) off of Decker long enough to make an endzone run with Mallory scolding me over the radio for throwing him under the bus.

GOTY 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Guns can also have a cooldown, like the disruptors.

Speaking of which, why is Torque Injectors (-1 all cooldowns) only 300 credits? I feel like it's easily better than a lot of the 600+ credit augments.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Has anybody run into any side missions that is worth the trouble doing?

There's a cool one where you spot a "Sterile Compile Room" that will give you a free Incognita program if you bring in a key stolen from a lab technician and wait for it to compile.

A heads-up that the game should really give you is that if the technician gets inside the room, he'll seal the door behind him and you miss out on completing it.

I used my 1 rewind to fix this and ended up blowing the entire campaign on a misclick later in the mission :xcom:

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Man, I was all set for Nika to take Stim IV and murder every guard in the level with Flurry, and the second heartbeat sensor she tripped installed the Daemon that gives them all +1 armor (out of Flurry's armor piercing).

Also disappointed that the new Derek can't telefrag guards that pick up his beacon.

THIS EXPANSION SUCKS.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:black101:

That is an awesome interaction, please do not change it Klei.

oohhboy posted:

You got it to fire twice? It thought the Flurry Gun has been "fixed".

I think they "fixed" passing around the Flurry Gun to reset the 1 shot/mission restriction.

It definitely works. I got to go postal with Stim IV Nika in a couple of later missions: my kill streak record with it is 6 guards, 1 drone, and a camera in a single turn. She still had 20+ AP at this point, but I ran out of things on the map to shoot.

It's amazing how quickly the skyrocketing alarm level becomes irrelevant when you have several turns of empty map to go nuts before the first reinforcement guard teleports in and discovers the mass grave.

It's not quite as insane as it sounds though because in addition to needing Nika with Speed 4 and two 1000+ credit items, Flurry Gun spends 4 Power per shot. The only way I was able to fire it so many times was having a ton of Power banked and a skill 5 hacker with a chip standing next to a console to get more mid-turn.

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 22, 2015

• Locked thread