Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
When you rescue an operative, is there a way to get them a taser that I didn't notice? Was I supposed to loot a safe in that cell block, or something? It's nice having a third pair of hands, but it would be nicer if she could KO people :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Gyshall posted:

I have not found a way to do this, which sucks.

I'll just give her a gun then, I guess. It was stressful as heck having her run recon and stuff without any backup plan.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pierson posted:

I just finished the campaign on beginner and is that it? Obviously knocking it up to experienced and above will make the experience last longer and Endless mode exists but the campaign storyline is really a half-dozen missions and done as the AI takes over?

It's meant to be replayable in the vein of Roguelike-likes. Procedural Death Labyrinths? Anyway...

Beginner difficulty can be thought of as the tutorial. It's an easy-to-digest tour of all the different menus and gameplay mechanics, and a chance to try all the different general types of missions at least once.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Broken Cog posted:

I'll ask here as well.
Finished the game on beginner and experienced on my first tries yesterday, but is there any more to the story if you play on expert(It's wrecking me so far)? Some games have additional story elements if you play on higher difficulties, and the story in this seems rather lacking in some aspects. The ending particularly wasn't vary satisfying, and felt like a cliffhanger.
The story in general feels like the weakest part of the game, there isn't really any differences at all for each time you play, which makes it just blend into the background. I wish they had made some sort of randomized campaigns with some different objectives, like for example a couple of different unique missions every few days or something.

Other than that i'm really loving it! The gameplay is really fun, even if the level generator can be incredibly unforgiving at times.(Second room in the first mission has 3 guards all looking towards the starting room? Sure, game).

:xcom:
Like XCOM's story as its campaign framework, the story is pretty much a framework to explain 72 hours and your starting point of "2 agents and no resources". The title screen and opening cutscene, however, make me really pine for the non-existent Invisble Inc. animated series, in prequel form, that we will never have. Central reminds me of a less horrible Malory Archer in the best way.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DrWrestling69 posted:

I'm stuck on the tutorial. Like on the third door where you hack power from the console. There is just a door it won't let me go through because enemies are watching. Wtf do I do?

I got stuck on this for a bit, too, don't feel bad-
You can move along diagonals in order to get into one of the squares that's behind cover. In the guard's vision cones, the red areas are where he can see, and the yellow areas are behind stuff. You have to move directly into a yellow area from outside the cone, which you can do by moving diagonally.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheLoneAmigo posted:

Just finished the game first time around - loved it, but I was left wanting more from the ending. Godlike AI becomes evil? Didn't see *that* one coming... The build-up didn't quite pay off.

And Internationale is definitely the best. Hack everything every time.

Yeah, I don't really see myself voluntarily living without Internationale. Being able to generate insane amounts of Power without having to sidle up to all the consoles is pretty great.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Bhodi posted:

This game is really good! I'm breezing it on beginner but I can already see how hard it's going to be on higher levels.

I used wisp when I had guards visible, but it didn't seem to work? What are the mechanics of it? I used it, the guy was listed as tagged, then I walked away and the room went into darkness and I couldn't see the guard.

I got that +2ap per hack implant for all three of my operatives :getin:

You lose sight of the guard, but you can still see the little dotted-line arrows telling you where the guard will walk and be facing, as though you used "observe", from turn to turn.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Love Stole the Day posted:

:coffeepal:

That's an amazing idea! Neutral third faction, two different teams of spies need to infiltrate and steal the same information. So they have to fight in the shadows or whatever whilst still trying to avoid the attention of the neutral AI guards.

Oh man. This would be amazing, if difficult to implement. Another faction of spies with a pun name (I just tried and failed to think of one as good as Invisible Inc), that you have to race to the objective, and/or play keep away with once one of you gets the objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I spent this Saturday getting my rear end kicked by Experienced difficulty, having not played for a few months. I think I need to stop trying to taser every guard I see. It really bit me in the rear end in the final mission, when I already had some guys in "hunting" mode as all the poo poo began to hit the fan during Monst3r's hack. It didn't help that the security console and the mainframe room were both directly attached to a huge open room with like 3 patrolling guards, 2 cameras that kept rebooting, and another sniper guard who could see in every other turn. There was no physical way for Monst3r to go rendezvous with Central by the time he was done getting the access code. I ran out of rewinds trying various permutations of "have my remaining agents step out into full view to get everybody's attention"

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 1, 2016

• Locked thread