Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Finished a(n Experienced difficulty, so one step up from beginner :negative: ) run over the several days when early backers had the release build.

I finished it on beginner on Sunday night, then tried experienced. I'm getting my rear end utterly destroyed. The biggest difference is the fact that the guards just go anywhere now. Actually I have a question for you: On experienced I was doing a level that had glass walls. 2 guards were in a glass-wall room. They saw me so I sneaked behind a safe. I looked at their pattern, they were going to walk up to the safe right next to it so I readied a melee attack. They did something (?) in their turn that knocked out both of my agents for 2 turns though. I was hidden from their sight so I'm not sure how they could have shot me or something. Do guards on experienced, come with like, gas grenades or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Is it just me or is the ambush mechanic not working? I open a door to coax a guard to my location, have an agent beside the door on taser ambush, only for the guard to stop past the door and immediately spot my agent without the overwatch proc'ing. Is this working as intended?

I've never had a problem. Apart from the time they snoozed me before they even got there, as I described above.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Why would anyone ever want a gun that costs 400 dollars for 2 shots, taking up inventory?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Stik, if you're still around, there's a bug with the exit codes in Endless that I found out while streaming last night. You can use the exit keycard on vault doors, and it doesn't use them up. The exit keycard will still be in your inventory, and it can be taken to the next mission as long as you didn't use it on the actual exit door.

Sounds like it's by-design, because it would trigger an unwinnable situation otherwise.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Leaving doors behind me and doors to explored places open, has helped me immeasurably. The guards do tend to explore open-door rooms first. Thanks for that tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Oh!! So guards that are carried, don't get a k.o. decrease? Cool!

• Locked thread