Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I got this a couple of weeks ago. I loved how challenging it was when I jumped in head-first into Expert Plus mode without a clue, but I'm a little disappointed how easy it is to completely break the game over your knee once you understand how everything works and what the overpowered items and implants are. In my expansion campaign, I killed all the enemies on the final level in a single turn thanks to a Flurry Gun and Stim IV, then knocked out and teabagged the three Elite Enforcers with two of my agents, while the others kept planting Shock Traps on the guard teleporters and kept the scripted reinforcements bottled up.

It's much more fun and better balanced in the early game, when you don't have any decent equipment and programs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
You do get some really amazing war stories, though.

Yesterday, in the second or third mission of my Faust/Brimstone run, I was pretty much already on alarm level 5 or 6 by the time I got eyes on Nika in the detention center with Monst3r. I was hoping the software compiler cooked up something useful, so Control had gone there, but only picked up a useless Rogue program. On her way back, she got pinned in the elevator, and had to teleport out, leaving Monst3r and Nika in the detention center, with the only item between them Monst3r's 8 round cooldown tranq gun, and some 8 guards between them and the exit. I managed to sneak up to a secondary server, and lo and behold, it had Ping. With that, Nika made her way back to the elevator, with Monst3r a turn behind. Ping had distracted most of the guards, but Nika had to shoot one guy in the elevator, and Enforcers were coming her way from a side passage. If they got into the room, they'd block Monst3r from leaving. I left Nika one step outside the exit, and sure enough, as soon as they saw her, the enforcers went into overwatch instead of entering the room. Monst3r ran into the exit, Nika went one step back out of their line of sight, and we were out of there.

• Locked thread