Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Chard posted:

I just picked this up on a whim and I'm about four missions deep on Beginner, and it's starting to get a little challenging. Mainly because I picked up this dude Derek who supposedly has some kind of teleporter beacon augment but I cannot figure the drat thing out. I placed it early on since I found the exit, and the tooltip says to activate it in the mainframe (that's Incognita view right?) but there doesn't seem to be any option, and it's grayed out in character view. I'm missing something obvious? I don't want my new agent to get killed already :saddowns:

The beacon should have an activation option in the view, like a power node. Click on that and Derek'll be teleported to it. If that's showing up and is what's greyed out, I'm not sure what the issue might be; I haven't used Derek enough to know what his full deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Chard posted:

Man, and things were going so well, I had this plan... disappointing to die to a lovely bug in my first run. Oh well Beginner did honestly feel a bit easy, PWR coming out of my ears.

I like the walls up :colbert:

Yeah, I'm sorry that the teleport glitched out for you, because Derek might be my favorite addition right now; throwing the beacon across a room to teleport to the one hidden spot in a guard's come of vision is pretty exciting. The fact that he comes with the beacon if you find him in a Detention Center like I did only makes him even more appealing.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Chard posted:

I already started a new game but I think I *may* have clicked "drop" instead of "throw", since I wanted it on the tile he was currently standing on. Still a gently caress-tarded thing to have break not work as you'd expect, but if I find him again I'll try it differently.

That's actually almost definitely it; after using it, you can drop it while it's on cooldown, but not throw it, so presumably the actual 'set teleport point' is only set to activate on throw, not drop, which I agree is super dumb.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Had my first agent loss that wasn't a full wipe; Banks and Nika got pinned down in the Security Vault by a combination of rapidly piling up guards and the loving Plastech hacker assholes constantly reclaiming the cameras, which was more of a problem because I hosed up my power supply with Fusion by dropping below 5 before I could re-up thanks to a combination of power drain and cost jumping daemons. Banks managed to slip out with a lucky sprint and catch up to Derek at the extraction point, but Nika wasn't so lucky. "Deliver Final Words" is an option more games should have.

Now I guess I'm just rolling the dice that the detention center I'm running to now has Nika instead of loving Decker, but I'm not getting all those Tazers and Ventricular Lances back, am I.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Just had a ludicrously profitable Detention Center run; beyond rescuing Nika and all of her expensive gear (which was a wonderful thing to learn captured agents keep) I also gathered close to 2k Credits, which went directly into the nanofab that spawned to buy a Shock Trap III and a KO on Cloak aug that I'll probably cram into Derek to mitigate the fact that he doesn't carry a taser. I'm a little hesitant though, because I'd like to still be able to cloak near an unaware guard without KO'ing him; is that part of the effect, or is it just 'guards looking at you'?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Cheston posted:

New stuff:

I just finished the Foundry. Monster took everything in his inventory! He was carrying a lot! Is there any way to get it back?

I'm really liking this so far but that was really frustrating.

Nope! Had the same thing happen when the bastard stole my EMP I (he was only carrying it in the first place because I looted an EMP III earlier, but still). I'd love it if they just put his stuff in the storage after the mission, though you only have the four spots, so it might not work perfectly.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Fano posted:

I had a somewhat similar thing happen when I rescued a courier and didn't realize before leaving the level that I had given him my only Neural Disrupter III :mad:

Never give anything to Couriers except keycards and corpses to hold and stand on. Those unable to sprint assholes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah, everyone should run Draco at some point if only to get past the aversion to killing the game first instills in you with Heart Monitors. The fact that he's a pretty great character who will max his stats in just a few missions if you're fine with cold-blooded murder is just a bonus.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The absolute messes of human beings you turn your agents into is definitely one of my favorite things about Invisible Inc. Every single one of them is at minimum developing a crippling swim addiction by the time I'm through with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Zombie Samurai posted:

Invisible Inc: Terror from the Deep

Autocorrect is a cruel, but occasionally fun, master.

• Locked thread