Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Game is pretty good, I played it a little in early access and just finished it in one sitting on beginner. Looking forward to getting my face crushed in experienced.

I found that I had more money than I knew what to do with after robbing a vault with a key code to get into the back room. I'd like to do the same with a cybernetic station to see whats in there. My main complaint is how annoying it is to get reloads in the game, ranged weapons are practically useless after the first shot and a few enemies with 3 armor (not the hackable armor) are straight up impossible to take down without specialized equipment or a special character for the last mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Drones are pretty tough to deal with since they reset in one turn, hilariously they have a cleanup cost associated with destroying them. I think omni soldiers are the ones with hack armor. The way I took them down in the last mission was to use a dagger program for -3 armor and the wrench for the other 3 which let me use a takedown.

My preferred starting party is the two ladies. One can hack consoles from several tiles away and if you give her a few levels in hack you won't ever need the trickle power skill anymore. The other lady like someone else said can bypass any basic locked door which is just super handy since you can mostly ignore guards that way and slip in anywhere.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Wizard Styles posted:

I like this game a lot, but the writing left me completely cold. The basic gameplay, the UI, the graphics and sound, holy poo poo all those settings, it's all great, but I couldn't get invested in either the story or the characters.
The only things that stuck out to me after I'd finished my first campaign were that Monst3r is dumb and needs to shut up and that the ending is a bit annoying because I couldn't see an option to not do the obviously stupid thing and I didn't care enough to feel much of an emotional impact, just slight irritation that I was unable to get a better result.
Also, I can't help but compare this to Jagged Alliance 2 on some level, and I wish I could care about Invisible Inc.'s agents the same way I do for my mercs, but that's not happening.

Still going to have a lot of fun with this. I haven't even gotten around to trying out my new unlocks or loving around with the million campaign settings and I already feel like I got my money's worth.

Voice acting would go a long way to give the characters some life. Just basic chatter and a one liner for various actions would be fine. As it is they're just a portrait and a cybernetic passive.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

I can't believe you people would leave your agents to die. I've sacrificed runs because I couldn't keep someone from being shot. I need to grow cold to their plight for the greater good, but I can't shake my "No man left behind" mentality.

I was on my way out on a particularly brutal mission where one of my agents was down but I had a clear run to the exit with my other two. I went with my gut and sent Internationale back to drag her to the exit (no med gel) but she caught got and died as well and I only escaped with one agent. The next mission was the final one and I had a really lovely layout and I went down quipping.

Now? gently caress 'em, I'm a lot better at the game but if the choice is leaving someone behind or getting out with more I'll take the latter anytime now. If you lose someone halfway through you actually have a good chance of rescuing them too so it's not a total loss.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I have the most ridiculous run right now. Started with seed and parasite, picked up data burst on my first mission. I'm running Xu and Prism, both have the melee penetration augment, Prism has two of them and I just picked up a full suite of OP as gently caress programs. I have an extra neural disrupter, a penetration rifle, two extra chargepacks and a spare ranged penetration augment and I have 23 hours left. Haven't had a holding facility show up yet though, which is worrying but I feel like this is the run I win experienced.

• Locked thread