Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

TastyLemonDrops posted:

It's actually rather interesting knowing which characters people win expert plus with. I'm sure playing ironman changes it somewhat, but a lot of the bad or mediocre characters end up being amazing. I wonder if it's just getting good enough to take advantage of the strengths, or them being good regardless?

While there are bad agent combinations, there are very few bad agents. On File Nika comes to mind because of the Volt Disrupter, but even then I'm happy to find her in a detention center, and she's fine below Expert Plus. The last two unlockable agents are also iffy, but that might just be personal preference - I hate daemons. Which ones did you have in mind? Most of them seem to fall into the 'good regardless' category. Their strengths are straightforward: usually they either have a get out of jail free card (Decker/Shalem) or something to make the power situation easier.

I'm also fond of the Archive Internationale/Archive Banks combination. You can pass off the Econ Chip to Internationale, upgrade her to max Hacking after the first or second mission and just watch the money roll in. It might be overkill, though. My own first Expert Plus win was with Archive Decker and Archive Banks, and even that was enough for me to float 3000 credits going into the final mission in the hope of finding something to buy in the nanofab.

What do you think of the Abacus? I see multiple people talking it up for Expert Plus, but four power feels like a waste of a precious program slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
There's an unexplored tile in the top middle room (right next to the four-tile row of cover along the wall). Odds are the the door to the elevator room is there.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Draco can scan each guard once. If the guard is unconscious, you get one of the following:

- a small amount (1-4?) of PWR
- a small amount (1-4?) of AP
- a one-turn reduction on the cooldown of all of his items currently on cooldown
- 100 credits

The probabilites of all four bonuses seem roughly equal. If the guard is instead dead, you get a single rank of a random stat. The only restriction is that you can't scan the same guard twice, even if you knock them unconcious and then later kill them. You can get stat increases from two or more of the same type of guard from the same company. I don't know whether scanning a dead guard will do anything once Draco's stats are at maximum - I never needed to kill any by the time that I got to that point in my game.

It's a very powerful ability, even better than the game-breaking strength of Archive Banks. Not only does it let you outpace the normal resource curve like her econ chip, the temporary bonuses remain useful throughout the game. Draco with multiple Stim III's, Torque Injectors and a cooldown reduction scan or two can't quite cover a level as fast as Predictive Brawling Nika, but he gets pretty close.

• Locked thread