Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Shumagorath posted:

Wait, when does this happen?

You sometimes get banter between agents at the start of a mission, afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay, how the heck do turrets work? Sometimes I hack them and they kill guards, sometimes they just go into overwatch on 'em, and sometimes nothing happens. What gives?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

oohhboy posted:

They run out of ammo. I think they only have 1-3 bursts. They will continue to overwatch though until destroyed.

That makes sense, except that the last time I hacked a turret it had never fired at my dudes, and it overwatched a guy but didn't fire on him. :confused:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Did they ever patch drag+stand to incap two guards at once? It's the only way I ever beat the final mission.

Nope. I've been doing it today on my latest Endless run. I don't think they ever will patch it out, given that there are posts about it early on in the thread.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

oohhboy posted:

It's a bucket of laughs though when you hack turrets with the intention of murdering all humansguards.

It is and it isn't - I'm running endless missions specifically for credits, and now I've got dead guys everywhere as I hacked the turrets just to sneak 'em by - I think you can turn them off, but I forgot to that mission.

On the upside, they are always great for distracting guards, even when they're out of ammo. "Firing on turret!"

Oh, also: my new favorite team is archive!Prism, archive!Internationale, Banks and Xu. Never worry about cameras as you skyrocket the alarm for unlimited power, and use Prism's unlimited cloak to scout out where to send Xu while Banks unlocks things and provides backup as Internationale goes on guard-KOing duty. Or killing duty, I suppose, when the situation calls for it. I just completed a mission in Day 7 where they'll find like a dozen guards laid out sleeping with all the safes hanging open.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

An ode to shock traps:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

It's been a few hours so I'm probably not recalling exactly, but it's five: the dudes in the bottom right were hit when an enforcer ran out of the pad into my trap. The other dudes went through a separate shock trap I placed earlier, and they're about to wake up.

Fortunately for me, the exit is just south of my position and I've got unlimited power thanks to Archive!Internationale and the alarms.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I burst out laughing to see so many dead guards. That's incredible! :allears:

Trip report: I finally got the ten days in Endless mode cheevo and I'm honestly worn out from seeing the same level designs over and over again - but the game took pity on me for my final mission in that mode.

The vault was connected to the beginning room, there was one guard between me and the exit, and the safe had the exit key in it. Incredibly, ridiculously easy and I'm happy to move onto playing other modes - Expert+, time attack, anything but "cloak, shocktrap, cloak, hack safes, leave".

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Fano posted:

Every time I've tried to launch this game the past few days the DLC content is not loading, so I can't start a mission with any of the new agents or find any of the contingency plan items...I've got it ticked in the DLC box on steam and I've reinstalled the game a few times, no dice.

What's going on?

Dumb question: have you verified the cache? Have you tinkered with the files to get that hidden cheevo? I'm not sure what's going on if both of those are clear.

Gameplay thing:

archive!Prism and archive!Internationale are cheating. There, I said it. One of them has an invisiblity cloak that works forever as long as you have power. One of them generates power when the alarm goes up, with the highest alarms generating 20 power per turn. This expert run is just ridiculously easy with them, and when I finally got a third agent I got Xu.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Fano posted:

Done both of those things, I got it to work by restart steam, I dunno.

Huh, weird. Glad to hear it's working now, at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

An ode to Mono Molecular Railguns - that's the final mission on an expert difficulty dlc campaign. I've got two of the things, and that means my agents can sit on all of the guards in the level, while Prism waits to stun the elite enforcers 'porting in.

And yes. I got lucky and got two guards to get KOed in the same tile, so I just dragged one dude over to sit on a pile of three.

Naturally my security room was as far from the mainframe room as possible, but hey, Monster had a clear path for sprinting.

• Locked thread