Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

:hellyeah:

I really like this game. It took me almost 50 hours and quite a few attempts to beat the extended campaign, but I'm still enjoying the moment-to-moment gameplay so much that I started an endless mode run right after.

What I dislike about the game is that it doesn't do a very good job of explaining its mechanics. A few things that I found useful (most of these have been mentioned in the thread):
  • Pointing at a character and holding shift shows the extent of their vision. For enemies, this means the tiles they are "watching". For allies, it's the tiles in their FOV, which is also where enemies would need to be standing to see you.
  • Dragging an unconscious body over another pins them both despite the indicator not turning green. Rebooting drones can be pinned by standing over them, but not dragged.
  • If you lose an agent, they will appear in a subsequent detention center with everything they were carrying.
  • Running footsteps can be heard 5 tiles away (3 diagonally). I think gunshots propagate further than that, can anyone confirm? Guards can hear doors being opened if they're standing in the doorway, but not even one tile away.
  • Running can be toggled at any time when an agent's AP is higher or equal to their base AP, regardless of the reason. This means that you can run for a few steps to distract a nearby guard and cancel running to sneak back into cover.
  • Cybernetics labs sometimes have an extra augmentation room that opens with a vault keycard.
  • In addition to basic heart monitors, using Xu's augment tool on guards disables firewall-based armor barriers for a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread