Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Gyshall posted:

It is interesting to see the difference between the Early Access versions and the release day version where the cinematics and art style have been refined pretty significantly.

Yeah, they really stepped things up for the release version. I like the talking heads, especially Gladstone. I said this in the steam thread, but failing a mission means disappointing her and that's the worst thing you could do. :(

My most recent run was Banks and Nika, and I knew things weren't going to go well when I ran out of ammo for Banks' tranq gun and didn't have any charge packs. And neither did the first couple nanofab shop terminal things I found. Eventually, I got one, as well as a taser that runs on power (-4 per hit), and I figured that would be a good backup for her... and then I started hitting buildings with level 2/3 firewalls and daemons on just about everything, and lockpick and power drip just couldn't keep up with my power needs. They finally were caught by the corps during a failed rescue attempt on a detention facility (I wanted a third party member badly). Managed to see the room outside what I'm sure was the cells, but there was just too much security (drones and armor are terrible when you can't get any good gear from nanofab shops or Monst3r). At least the corp didn't have to take them very far!

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I like the Archived version of Nika and the On File version of Banks. Archive Banks starts with a tranq pistol and no melee weapon (but still has her custom toxin), and her implant lets her get cash instead of power from terminals. It's neat, but if you pair it with the On File version of Nika (where her taser takes power to use), you can end up draining a lot of power very quickly, and all the cash in the world isn't gonna help you sneak past two cameras and a guard (well, it might, IF you get a nano-fab and IF it has a cloaking device and IF you have the implant slot open for it, maybe, but that's a lot of ifs).

Internationale is fun, too. Sucking power through walls is always handy. I haven't tried Shalem 11, Dr. Tony, or the two newest characters (not the unlockable-by-story ones at the end of the row) yet, though. I haven't ever tried Shalem, though, just because that Lethal tag on his rifle makes me leery. I don't want to kill dudes that I can sneak past or knock out, and a lot of (all?) the guards have the heart monitor thing that goes off if they die.

In that vein, what programs do people like to use for Incognita? I tried a run with Power Drip and Rapier, and I found myself in a cycle where I didn't have enough power to hack something, so I had to wait a couple turns, but those turns were enough to tick over the alarm to the next level, so Rapier cost even more to use. It's handy early on, when you're zipping around the facility hacking things left and right, though I think I would have rather had Lockpick.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 14, 2015

• Locked thread