Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I really enjoyed playing this through on Beginner. Once I get time I'm gonna start cranking up the difficulty and hopefully see a few more things that I know I missed. I was on a mission to get augmented and it was right around when enemies with shields and daemons start popping up. I had the Crossbow.exe which kills daemons and had everything planned out to smash and grab once it reloaded, but I jacked some energy and my mind poo poo its pants. I dumbly hacked a daemon which increased the firewalls on everything by one, and it was early in the map (turn 3 or so). I was in such an energy drought that I hacked every console I could find and was still just barely shutting down the cameras I needed to escape. So many safes left unplundered, so many augments left uninstalled.

I compensated my under equipped team by freeing two more agents and spending my credits on upgrading abilities. Big shout out to my man Dr. Zaz(?) who, despite initially appearing completely useless, was able to overload the shield of a guard on the last mission with his augment and later sit on top of him, saving my team much needed power and giving Monst3r some room to breathe. I'm glad I understand that final mission more now. I don't think it was clear enough that Monst3r has to be the one to hit the objectives, which meant he kept running from one side of the map to the other.

Great game, can't wait to play it again.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Is it just me or is the ambush mechanic not working? I open a door to coax a guard to my location, have an agent beside the door on taser ambush, only for the guard to stop past the door and immediately spot my agent without the overwatch proc'ing. Is this working as intended?

Had you recently used your taser? I think it will let you put your agents into Ambush Mode even if they can't use any attacks.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can't believe you people would leave your agents to die. I've sacrificed runs because I couldn't keep someone from being shot. I need to grow cold to their plight for the greater good, but I can't shake my "No man left behind" mentality.

• Locked thread