Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

If you find a Smoke Grenade in a Fabricator, buy it. It is an excellent "get out of jail free" card that grunts can't even see through one square of it. They'll only detect you if you end next to them.
Got myself out of a jam this way. No less than 3 guards were lined up in front of Banks, clogging a doorway and threatening her b/c of my own impatience. She also was one turn away from a melee charge. One smoke grenade to the middle courtesy of Internationale broke the overwatch and allowed Banks to nick a Charge Pack off of the threatening guard. Two ZAPs and a turn later left one confused guard staring at a wall and both agents in the elevator.
Lesson learned: be much more careful of non-easy guard pathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Fangz posted:

Do I need lethal weapons? I'm doing pretty okay with non lethal so far, but I'm worried....

Lethal weapons are more of a safety net. There are non-lethal ranged options, but they often lack piercing, and it's definitely worth taking the alarm hit if an agent has a gun pointed at them.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

RoboCicero posted:

Anyone have trouble activating Flash Packs from Incognita? I had to blow my rewinds on a mission where I couldn't get it to trigger (once when he was in range, once when the guy was standing right on top of the pack).

Yep, Flash Packs won't go off in any case for me.
Other than the occasional bug, the DLC stuff has been really neat so far. Olivia is excellent for extra power when needed, plus I've slapped a DLC augment on her (-2AP, +1AP per alarm level) that allows her to really hustle in the late game. I'm doing really well with a Golem/Fusion setup with Root and Emergency Reserve keeping me up when I have to hack multiple times in one turn. That, and I found a Shock Trap 3 for $0 in a gadget mission :allears:. Just started Day 3, but I haven't run into any side objectives yet. Are they generally worth the trouble?

• Locked thread