Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Having passed easy mode, I'd love to get anyone's tips and tricks on playing through experienced. What types of missions do you prioritize? How to min-max skills? Equipment must-buys and never-buys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

stiknork posted:

I think we're going to post about this officially at some point, but if we added some additional modes to the game (think Time Attack or Endless) is there anything that people would be super into?

Slightly different take, and obviously a longer-term thing, but I think the game is well set up for pre-genned room puzzles. Could start at a tutorial-mode level of difficulty and get more and more complicated.

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

RoboCicero posted:

Oh, one weird mode that could be interesting would be a mode where you run through multiple maps in a row -- maybe call it Skyscraper mode and it's like you're racing to the top to capture an executive? Alarm tracker would go up much more slowly to compensate but is persistent across 5 maps. No world map either, so buying and selling would have to be while you're on a level. Only having 3 inventory slots would really hurt (especially if you get a vault room and you have to manually find a shop to sell them at instead of just escaping). Maybe introduce a third terminal type that lets you exchange money for attribute increases?

Totally spitballing here, but maybe the last map is always a "capture executive and drag them to a helicopter" mission and the last few floors require a exit keycard to reach the teleporter. Second floor could be a guaranteed detention center, while fourth floor is a guaranteed augmentation bay with four bays. There would be nanofabs and server terminals scattered through the floor as well.

I think something along these lines was my expectation during my very first play through. Linked maps across one mission.

• Locked thread