Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Endless is a bitch. Even when the difficulty settings are set the same as say experienced, the levels just seem a lot harder on a stage per stage basis.

Great game though. I got through the experienced campaign by the skin of my teeth. On the final mission I had one guy with an AP gun, and no AP melee or stun weapons. Both objective rooms were at the point furthest from the starting area (though mercifully adjacent to each other) when I finally worked my way over to them, the alarm was on 5, and I had one bullet left. I played a lot of peekaboo in the mainframe room after I fired that last round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Broken Cog posted:

On my first beginner run I found a gun that had infinite ammo, but cost 4 POW per shot. I didn't realize how good that is until I played a bit of experienced and expert, but I've never found it again. :(

Edit: What's everyone's favourite agents? Internationale seems best by a mile, but I'm really liking Banks for her customized paralyzing toxin. It's invaluable on higher difficulties.

I had one that was 4 POW per shot and had AP 2, but could only be fired once per mission. That run was on endless mode, with Faust and Brimstone running (this is a terrible combination as soon as Central dies. By the time I found the gun I was down to just Monster He survived another 6 mission despite being my only agent.

This game is severely damaging my plans to run through the Witcher 2 again before the Witcher 3 hits next week.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Endless mode seems easier when you are down to one agent. My last two games have seen me reduced to one by early the second day, and they then go on to survive until after the fifth.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I don't really see myself voluntarily living without Internationale. Being able to generate insane amounts of Power without having to sidle up to all the consoles is pretty great.

You won't miss her as much as you think you will. She is sort of a crutch and will definitely make you lazy when it comes to checking for cameras and planning out paths to hit the consoles. There are lots of other good combos that are worth giving up easy hacking for.

Edit:
This current Endless run is brutal. I got Sharp and Archive Xu, with Fusion and Brimstone as my starter programs (random start) With no EMP punch, an overly expensive hacking program, and some bad luck on console offerings, I am on day 4 with still nothing but brimstone to do all my hacking. 3 power for one firewall when everything starts with 2 or 3 means that I cannot open much of anything but the bare minimum of safes unless I want to use Xu's emp bomb, and that has an 8 turn cool down.

I was up to 4 agents after I added Nika and Banks, but I just lost Sharp on a mission to grab an info list when I got swarmed by half a dozen guards. I was so certain that Xu was a goner I evaced Nika and Banks before Xu was even out of the executive terminal room (I had to bail without the list because I just couldn't get enough power together to knock down the 5 firewalls it had by the time I got to it. Xu made it out against all odds, but I couldn't snag Sharp or his gear on the way out, so there went a much needed disrupter, and the three augs I had stuck on him.

Now Day 5 is hours away, I have no money, I'm down my most upgraded agent, I still have poo poo programs, and I have a single AP disrupter. Things are looking great.

Underwhelmed fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 16, 2015

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Well that big steaming run came to an end. I am pretty sure that there was no exit on the level though. The only door I had not opened was a high security vault door that required an executive keycard, and that should have been the vault. I had a scan of the map outline and there were no rooms left (besides the vault) so it can't be a case that there was a door tucked in a corner that I missed either. Either the exit was in the actual vault or the level generation hosed up.

The room with 3 turrets was hilarious after I had them all hacked and started luring guards in. At that point I knew there was no exit so I figured I would take as many of the fuckers with me as I could. RIP lovely Archive Tony Xu, Nika, and Banks.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

stiknork posted:

Late in Endless, the exit is behind a vault door that has a keycard in one of the safes in the level.

What seriously? That's kind of dirty. I wish they had made some other distinction between a high level door and a vault door that requires an off-site key. I couldn't get many safes open because I was still stuck with brimstone as my only hacking tool, and I just couldn't afford to open much, but I definitely would have shifted some of my priorities if I knew I need to find it in a safe. I still would have lost though.

Does this occur on all stages past a certain point or only sporadically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gyshall posted:

I'd actually like to see an extended campaign or something ala Long War for XCOM EU, as fun as 5 days or whatever are I'd love to see the strategy expanded to maybe a month or two.

Hopefully in an Expansion Pack!? A guy can dream.

It wouldn't be long war unless all price were increasedby 600%, loot frequency was dropped to 1/4, and it took 720 in game hours to complete the campaign. Personally I like the bite sized format with a limited roster. I don't get the need to supersize everything into a 100 hour marathon with 80 hours of grinding all the time.

• Locked thread