Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Got this game probably years ago and finally actually got round to playing it when I saw it in a bunch of GoTY lists, managed to beat my first playthrough (on beginner, so probably barely counts) and then had a failed run yesterday. Decided to start with some of the gun wielding characters based on the posts in the thread. So how do you make a lethal run work? I started with Shalem 11 and Draco then got Olivia in a rescue mission but I've run out of ammo already and can't seem to get anymore (assume it's a charge pack right? Wasn't able to afford the one I saw) and barely made any money on the missions I used the ammo on cause alot went on cleanup.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Well that run went real bad anyway and yeah I figured lethality would be more of a seasoning than the main ingredient for a run, just figured I'd ask. I'll try it again sometime but this new run is going really well, my first playthrough I only ever got one rescue mission so was stuck with 3 people the whole game. This time I've gotten lucky and rescued two people early on and each has some decent gadgets already, I'm sure I'm just being set up for the fall later though.

One last question, when I beat the game the first time it unlocked a load of agents and some new programs I could start with. Now it's unlocking archived versions of agents (which seem like they have 1 thing different about them, either an item or an augment) so is it done unlocking programs? I'm guessing I have to beat it on a higher difficulty to unlock the last two greyed out agents as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I know part of the game is rolling with what you're given but I wish there was a way to pay a extra to get a specific item from Monster after your next mission or something. Really need a cloaking device (I also have a bunch of those augments on Sharp) and haven't seen one anywhere yet.

• Locked thread