Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
^^ Yep, dragging abuse is great. Even better if you can KO multiple people on the same spot and then pin them all while dragging another dude. (I usually accomplish this with multiple shock traps or guns.)

protomexican posted:

I love Shock III, but it goes from "best item in the game" to "use this if you want to fail the mission" in the jump from Expert to Expert Plus.

How so? I didn't start using shock traps until expert/expert plus because until then armor was so low as to be negligible or easily hacked. Not so much with multiple enemies with 8+ armor a piece.

Joiny fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Ah, I feel like there's 2 ways to play a level. One way is to go fast, but cautious, and get out by alarm level 3 or 4. This avoids getting more guards and daemons while giving you enough time to clean the place out.

The second way is to shoot up to alarm level 6 by murdering people, ignoring cameras, and basically getting 'caught' in such a way that you'll be able to deal with it during your turn or use it as a distraction. Once you're at alarm level 6 you basically know where all the guards are and the level becomes easily beaten. With good guard control/manipulation via dragging/shock traps/guns you really have nothing to fear and can sit around forever. I feel like endless really encourages this style of play especially with the 2 levels of alarm advancement at the start of a level in the later days.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

WarLocke posted:

So talk to me about detention center rescues. You only get what, 6 operations in a (non-Endless) runthrough? If you try to pick up two more agents, that only leaves you 4 ops to gear up all your guys - seems like it's a balancing act to decide between 2 agents who are pretty geared/statted up versus diluting it all among more guys?

e: I totally forget that I had some random steam wallet money from idling/selling cards. DLC purchased, now if only my laptop didn't grind to a halt trying to run this. :negative:

I generally get way more missions than 6 in a play through and there's even more with the dlc now. You still gain a grand to two grand from guards/safes in the level AND you get another dude which is great because that's more attacks/exploration/guardsquatters per turn. I go for rescue missions asap since even if they don't have a weapon I can always use them to pin 2+ guards while my other guys steal everything.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

I don't know how optimal this is but I try and do it on all my endless runs asap and on most of my story runs, especially now that it's longer. Getting someone up to max anarchy doesn't just give you an 'increased chance to steal items' but rather an insanely increased chance to steal items, like going from 0 items stolen to 3+ per level. Most of the time it's charge packs and med gels which is essentially free money once you've paid off the skill cost but usually you'll get a few cloaks or emps which can make the lategame much easier.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

I never bothered to level anarchy. I thought it would just generate additional credits. Really good to know.

Some levels can be a crapshoot where off of 4 guards you just get a med gel or a charge pack. But sometimes it can get insane, like one level I got 2 emp IIIs + cloak I + 3 charge packs + 2 med gels when there was 8 guards.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

The only bugs I've run into are graphical glitches, like using a teleporter with one of the new characters and he just disappears until you move him after teleporting.

Parasite is awesome but in Expert/Expert+ it becomes less powerful as firewalls increase at a fast rate and start out higher. I believe you need to find some lethal weaponry, but ya other than that you can only use drones and some hacked guns.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Well it does take up a precious space in your inventory that could be used for more active items but I wish I knew about it earlier.

Armor piercing seems horrible in endless now, just go shock traps or anything that ignores armor and then it becomes much easier to deal with.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

So I was thinking about that stim IV interaction and put one on Dr. Xu... now I'm going around disabling multiple safes with 30+ firewalls due to Felix daemon in one turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Endless really lets you play around with being a mass murderer instead of a sneaky thief. On my last mission at 20 days, I had Nika with 3 hand cannons, 2 flurry guns and stim IVs on everyone. I think I killed a good 30 guards since they started popping out every 3 alarm ticks on the level 6 alarm.

Also, everyone had anarchy 5 so I was looting charge packs forever and doing nano fab missions every time nets you 2 charge packs no matter what (1 from each nanofab in the level.)

• Locked thread