Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

Kings on NBC. It was a great one season show that got butchered by the ads for it.

"What if the most powerful nation in the world... had a king?" Not, you know, a modern take on an Old Testament epic where the presence of a vengeful god is real. Not "Starring Deadwood's Ian McShane". Nothing that made it look interesting. Then they shifted around the timeslot a bunch and pulled it from the schedule entirely only to burn off the rest in the summer.

I think of all the shows I've been bitter about losing over the years, Kings tops the list. I was so into it by the end. If I had several million dollars I'd make a wrap-up movie just for my own satisfaction. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr Beens posted:

Why are there so many tv versions of movies all of a sudden?

If I had to guess, 12 Monkeys was critically well received and got a 2nd season so everyone was like "poo poo we can do that too, let's greenlight every adaptation pilot we have".

• Locked thread