Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A lot of pilots are really bad, but the show was one of the few I just never finished watching. I kept skipping through the boring bits and realized I'd almost ended up at the 3/4ths mark. The writing was awful, the acting was just passable, the actors themselves didn't catch my eye and the constant reminders of this show existing to have female rolemodels was spelled out in everything but giant neon letters. That's great and all, but when it was presented like this it just felt super (no pun intended) fake and lacking conviction. And then there's Kryptonite being known to be a dangerous substance... somehow. And tons of tiny things that just irked me all through watching this.

Arrow had a great pilot. Flash's was ok, and at least kept your interest up. But this seems to have been infected by the terrible new Superman movie and it just made everything weird.

And I just watched the end as I wrote this and the fight scene was awful, too. drat, real shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

tsob posted:

You do realize that "evilmiera" didn't really complain about things not being explained - just that he thought it was awful in a variety of ways, right? He did miss Kryptonite's properties being a known quantity for a reason, but wasn't really complaining about it so much as just noting it. And given that several people have come to identical conclusions regarding it's quality even after watching and paying attention to the whole thing, I doubt him watching the entire episode was really going to change his mind personally.

Also, weird to note that Chrome has Krypton in it's dictionary, but not Kryptonite for some reason.

Yeah, I probably missed that explanation when I started skipping stuff. It just seemed to clash with what (I think) is known about kryptonians from the movie, but overall it was just a nitpick from my side, and it was more a reaction when I saw her being shot down of "How would they even know that?" Like there was no setup to it and all of that stuff got explained later with the DEO facility. There was no real weight to it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

Also the silliest moment of the pilot might have been Kara's sister giving her poo poo for saving the plane. As if her living in secret was far more important than the lives of the hundred or so people on the plane and those caught in the wake of the crash.

That fits perfectly with the movie (even though this is supposed to be a different universe/show). Save all those people, literally a bus full of children? Naw, you might get found out. Or maybe that's a good thing? I don't know!

• Locked thread