Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Pikehead posted:

What really threw me was when the sister came to the door and told Kara that she flat out shouldn't have rescued the people on the plane (including herself). It just seemed like really stupid dialogue, and I'm hoping that it's just pilotitis and the show not having found it's voice yet.

She was trying to keep Kara off her boss's poo poo list. It didn't work since Kara just turned to someone else, but that was her intention.

In general I thought it was perfectly fine. Not Amazing TV, but certainly not as bad as some people have been making it out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Pikehead posted:

I know she was trying to get Kara to tone things down, but it just came across as really tactless.
If she'd shown up and thanked Kara, but told her that by doing so she had exposed herself to some really bad stuff in terms of publicity if anyone ever worked out who she was it would have been better.

It's definitely serviceable, and it's only the pilot. I think it'll be a good CBS show and will get at least a second season.

Good point, agreed.

• Locked thread