Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I hope this spinoff of Criminal Minds is actually good. Seriously that backdoor pilot was one of the worst episodes of the series and this is a series known for its schlock.

I'm even really glad it got cancelled since it means we got Doug Stamper on House of Cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Deadpool posted:

The Supergirl trailer was a big let down for me. I like Melissa Benoist but that trailer was wretched and completely turned me off to the show.

Someone SuperMechaGodzilla made a point in another thread that it basically looks like what a Spiderman TV show would look like but with Supergirl.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gyges posted:

So, given that Kara and Clark seem to more or less know each other and Olsen is a black man named James in this, I take it that DC is going for an explicit separation between TV and Movies in contrast to Marvel's it's all one universe approach.

Yeah they already said this, but I guess the alternate casting on the Flash would also show this.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

James Woods Fan posted:

A Supergirl show where Superman exists...and they don't just make a Superman show.

Supergirl is less popular and hence potentially more interesting.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

OldSenileGuy posted:

So I don't know the first thing about any of DC's TV shows, but I was under the impression that all of their TV shows shared a universe separate from all the movies. But Supergirl appears to be a part of the DC cinematic universe? Is that right?

They said the TV & movie universes would be separate, that's about it. The only thing I saw that linked Supergirl with Man of Steel was the whole "it's not an S" line.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Craptacular! posted:

I'm guessing Supergirl is not related to Man Of Steel because Man Of Steel had Superman basically destroying a city fighting a guy and then getting rid of (killing) the only dude who seemed powerful enough to stop him. The climatic battle didn't seem very, uh, heroic. And the upcoming movie seems to at least understand that, with people seeing Superman as some sort of godlike vengeance figure to be afraid of.

Honestly, Man Of Steel is a crappy Superman movie and gets almost all of it's personality characterizations wrong. It basically goes off the rails with Jonathan Kent telling Clark that he should have let a bunch of kids drown to protect his identity because humans are assholes, and then it goes on to build a dark universe that desires to prove him right. gently caress you, Zack Snyder.

Nope.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

sbaldrick posted:

Even if they didn't want to use Superman or say his name, why not just have Clark show up for like 2 minutes. It's not like everyone doesn't know Clark Kent=Superman.

Because the TV and movie universes are separate so best case scenario you cast some random guy as Superman and confuse people who know Cavill.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

evilmiera posted:

A lot of pilots are really bad, but the show was one of the few I just never finished watching. I kept skipping through the boring bits and realized I'd almost ended up at the 3/4ths mark. The writing was awful, the acting was just passable, the actors themselves didn't catch my eye and the constant reminders of this show existing to have female rolemodels was spelled out in everything but giant neon letters. That's great and all, but when it was presented like this it just felt super (no pun intended) fake and lacking conviction. And then there's Kryptonite being known to be a dangerous substance... somehow. And tons of tiny things that just irked me all through watching this.

Arrow had a great pilot. Flash's was ok, and at least kept your interest up. But this seems to have been infected by the terrible new Superman movie and it just made everything weird.

And I just watched the end as I wrote this and the fight scene was awful, too. drat, real shame.

Sounds like you weren't really paying attention.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

tsob posted:

Also, weird to note that Chrome has Krypton in it's dictionary, but not Kryptonite for some reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

I'm assuming her stepparents are rich as gently caress, somehow. But yeah, that's easily a $3000+/mo apartment.

It's Friends logic, just don't think about it.

• Locked thread