Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Other CBS stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7-PjlD2_M
Angel from Hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-iNKQH_n38
Code Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU7wHKrSscw
Life in Pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZpdTR1mTY
Limitless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Y'all should remember the trailers for upfronts are basically cuts of the pilot story for advertisers anyway. They're not really meant to appeal to goons or comic book nerds or whoever, so I can sort of forgive some of the choices or scenes included as it has another intended purpose. I'm sure when we get closer to the air date they'll have some more stuff tailored for actual viewers and all that. Not to mention Supergirl is probably like a huge tentpole series in their schedule so they obvious cut the trailer for different reasons.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

That's true but pilot-itis is a real thing. If you think a show should stand on its pilot that's a perfectly fine barometer as well but I'd rather wait until they have a bit more promotional material to see where they're supposed to go coming out of the pilot. Of course it's probably more of the same, but perhaps a little more refined is all.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Pilotitis is a real thing sure, the problems with that trailer were not fully with plot beats. It was mostly with tone and execution. Sure they could adjust that later on but it seems that's the show they're going for regardless of the details of the plot.
Aside from the top 40 song, I hope that the stuff in the trailer actually isn't indicative of the scoring.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Also I wouldn't doubt if you could cut a different trailer from the pilot with the same story beats but load it with more action scenes from what I'm guessing is the BIG FIGHT between her and that alien dude. Not that I care too much, it's just hilarious I'm reading reactions from some places on the internet reacting and calling Supergirl TOO FEMINIST and TOO SOAP OPERA because of which 6 minutes they decided to use from the 42 they had.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

So apparently there is another cut with more action and the alien plot. 2 min long. The music is just as bad, just in the other direction of the one they used in upfronts.

http://cdn.springboardplatform.com/storage/Spoilertv.com/conversion/1523563.mp4

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Crossovers are kinda dumb most of the time anyway. Except that crossover series CW is working on I guess, because it stops being a crossover and is now just a show with a bunch of random superpowered people flexing in it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The correct nomenclature is fem-Zod or perhaps Zod-girl right?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress you!

Maybe she hosed Zod :shrug:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Rarity posted:

...Who says this?
lovely pc gamers on reddit obviously

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

While I enjoyed the pilot way more than I expected I already know the DEO aspect is going to drag the show down for me as the series progresses. I assume it's the price you pay for being on CBS and every show needing to be a procedural to some degree. Hopefully we won't have to watch Supergirl ask not Nick Fury for permission every time she needs to save the day.

Also the silliest moment of the pilot might have been Kara's sister giving her poo poo for saving the plane. As if her living in secret was far more important than the lives of the hundred or so people on the plane and those caught in the wake of the crash.
I hope you hate Star Labs just as much.

Star Labs = DEO = Arrow Cave

It's all the same, let's not pretend suddenly it's a "procedural" cause it's on CBS. The Flash is such a procedural at times, so is Arrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Yeah, kind of. I'm not the biggest fan this current trend of superheros having teams of the worlds greatest hackers/chemist/geologist that watch them and give them inspiring speeches right when the battle is all but lost. I don't watch Arrow, but I'd be just as upset if people spent the pilot of the Flash talking down and belittling Barry for using his powers to help others.
I don't read comic books so I don't exactly know how comic book stories work or what support structures the heroes have that aren't other super heroes coming in and giving them advice or whatever.

• Locked thread