Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I don't know if the effects were good or not, because the camera was cutting around so much to save the budget that it made everything look cheap. The effects with Kara that weren't CUT CUT CUT CUT were still unsettling. I never quite felt like she was 'flying.' I also think the dialogue was inexcusable. The superGIRL rant was bad. All of her sister's pep talks were eye-rolling. Every time someone emphasized the word "girl," I wanted to just close the video. The villain-of-the-week being He-Man-Woman-Hater was the corn kernel on the poo poo log. Same with all the allusion to Superman. Too expensive to use him proper? Then don't use him at all. Make Supergirl the Last Daughter of Krypton and the first kryptonian on Earth. The only thing you risk is comic book grognards who can't tell the difference between fun and aspergers.

I liked Jimmy James Olsen. :shrug:
Won't be watching in the fall unless something changes though. I don't know what the budget is for Supergirl, but Arrow and The Flash got way more value for their dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread