Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wasn't really a fan of the music used in the Supergirl footage, or anything that had Cat Grant dialogue (poo poo was cringeworthy). Everything else I was pretty much okay with. The plane rescue scene looks so good and I liked Kara's interactions with Jimmy and the other dude (who is apparently Toyman?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I really liked the pilot episode, more than I thought I would. The upfront/first look was way different tonally for sure; I didn't cringe at all. It had to have been the music or editing that made the show come off really wonky, because I felt the pilot was real solid all around. Some good to decent acting—not great, but I'd say on par with Arrow and Flash—the VFX and action scenes were straight up loving awesome (the VFX is a major high point in the pilot... hope the entire run can keep it up), and lastly... Melissa Benoist is cute as hell :3:

I'm booked for Season 1. Bravo CBS :golfclap:

teagone fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 22, 2015

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Drifter posted:

It's not a plot hole. People complaining about that poo poo seriously are loving spergs of the highest order.

It's a show called Supergirl. About Supergirl, not Superman. it'd be cool, narratively, to have him visit or whatever, but Jimmy seems to be the Superman mouthpiece they're using, so whatever.

Now, I think the MAIN plot is kinda weird that way, but not having superman in a supergirl show isn't an issue. It's all okay, though, and not having Superman in the show shouldn't be a factor about whether you watch the show or not.

Not empty quoting. But this. It's not really an issue FOR NOW. If the entire season does it, then yes, I'll concede to it being dumb. That still won't stop me from watching the show or waiving it off though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Skips 3/4 of episode. Complains it didn't explain anything. loving lol.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

I teach English in Asia, and one of my classes is mostly middle school girls. They were doing a drawing activity today and one of them drew Superman flying up and saving a plane. I said "Why Superman? Why not Supergirl?" and showed her the plane-saving part from the trailer on my phone. She got very excited and erased Superman to put in Supergirl.

So even if I think the pilot was not as good as it could have been and didn't get me as hyped as The Flash's did, I really, really hope the show does well with people who aren't comic book nerds in their 20's and 30's.

I'm hoping my goddaughter watches the show and enjoys it. She's only 8 though, so I'm not sure if it might bore her.

• Locked thread