Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
So CBS is gonna have to cram another six shows somewhere into that schedule come mid-season with Rush Hour, Beyond Borders, POI, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, and Odd Couple. Must be banking at least internally on one or more of their new pickups failing quickly.

Also surprised they're leaving Elementary to go up against Shonda Rimes again, since last season HTGAWM doubled it in the live demo pretty consistently and I'm pretty sure they're putting the new Shonda show in that timeslot after HTGAWM wraps for the season instead of American Crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

sbaldrick posted:

When does that weird Criminal Minds spinoff show up, or is it a mid-season thing?

Probably mid-season with Rush Hour, like CSI: Cyber this past season. (Or earlier, maybe, if one or more of their hour-longs craters enough to get cancelled early on.)

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Gotta admit, kind of hope this is the first show this coming season to get killed off quickly and quietly on CBS (and I hope Heartbreaker on NBC joins it, because Chicago Med sure won't), if only because after 11 seasons of Grey's Anatomy, surely there's better potential material out there than another round of "sassy new doctors try to save lives, gently caress each other".

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Sober posted:

Also I wouldn't doubt if you could cut a different trailer from the pilot with the same story beats but load it with more action scenes from what I'm guessing is the BIG FIGHT between her and that alien dude. Not that I care too much, it's just hilarious I'm reading reactions from some places on the internet reacting and calling Supergirl TOO FEMINIST and TOO SOAP OPERA because of which 6 minutes they decided to use from the 42 they had.

Those places on the internet were probably going to call any show with a prominent female lead "too feminist" and "too soap opera", no matter what.

I just kinda want at this point a female superhero front and center whose alter ego isn't "affable/goofy/maybe clumsy assistant/secretary/etc." but that's a personal preference. Supergirl will probably be fine, if not especially groundbreaking.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Deadpool posted:

It's not part of the CW universe almost for sure. But we don't know if it's part of the movie universe or not. It could just be its own thing like Gotham.

I'd have to dig for a few minutes, but I'm pretty sure I saw an article around the time CBS first announced it had ordered Supergirl to series, that said it WOULD be part of the CW universe (which'd probably make somewhat sense since CW is owned by CBS or CBS's parent company or something, IIRC). At the very least, they share executive producers. Whether or not they'd actually do any crossovers, beats me.

Aphrodite posted:

No, Constantine was not part of Flash/Arrow Earth, and Supergirl is thus far separate from everything though producers have expressed an interest in including it with Arrow and Flash in the past.

Not explicitly and wouldn't have been if NBC had kept Constantine, but Stephen Amell tweeted himself that he'd crossover with Arrow if CW picked up Constantine.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Deadpool posted:

Nobody ever said that. The one thing we do know is that the producers of Arrow and Flash have said that Superman does not exist in their universe. So he's definitely not an already established and well known active superhero in those shows like he is in Supergirl and that pretty much means it's not part of the same universe.

"Though Supergirl will be airing on The CW’s parent network, Berlanti has already gone on record to say that the heroine exists in the same universe as the scarlet speedster and emerald archer, so we could be in for an epic cross-network crossover with The Flash and Arrow—and the superhero team-up spin-off, should it move forward."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/06/supergirl

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Deadpool posted:

Except there's no actual quote of him ever saying that. He said back in September that it was a possibility but that was before the show was even out of the script stage.

That's fine. I just said that I had read it in an article and then found said article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Drifter posted:

It's a show called Supergirl. About Supergirl, not Superman. it'd be cool, narratively, to have him visit or whatever, but Jimmy seems to be the Superman mouthpiece they're using, so whatever.

Now, I think the MAIN plot is kinda weird that way, but not having superman in a supergirl show isn't an issue. It's all okay, though, and not having Superman in the show shouldn't be a factor about whether you watch the show or not.

I'm gathering that the complaints are less "baww why isn't Superman just hanging out" and more "if there are serious threats to the entire world and Superman definitely exists in this universe because everyone keeps obliquely referring to him, why wouldn't he be on tap to save said world?"

Mind, I haven't watched the pilot yet, but it sounds like might be some of the same stuff that people ask about all the various single-Avenger-focused movies (eg. people asking why Tony Stark, or Hawkeye or some poo poo, doesn't show up to help Cap when SHIELD goes pear-shaped).

• Locked thread