Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
Having just watched the pilot I liked it. I would also like the person who edited the 6 minute trailer to do that for every show it would save so much time, I could catch up on all those shows i would like to watch but don't have the time.

Some random thoughts

Costume: A little fanservicey, especially the first couple of iterations and I expect some of those scenes might be cut or slightly altered for broadcast (the skirt without tights). I wish that they had ended up giving her leggings that matched the top of the suit with a skirt instead of the tights. And it's a shame they didn't stick with the bright red Doc Martens and just gave her generic superhero boots. I hope it evolves over the first season [END pervy, nerdy observations]

Other random thoughts:
  • If there isn't a crossover with The Flash they are making a huge mistake, they've already introduced time travel and the possibility of multiple dimensions there so it should be possible.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about her aunt being the baddie for the season there is going to need to be a watertight explanation for why her cousin can't help take care of it.
  • I am so very glad that they cast Melissa Benoist and not one of the other rumoured contenders, she can actually act.
  • James Olsen could possibly get annoying
  • I wish they had shown her trying to fit in for longer and sneakily using her powers to help her get things done.
  • If the pilot had been longer it might have helped, the introduction of the DEO felt a little rushed.
  • I hope they embrace the silly superman tropes, they just need "Is it a bird..." and to find a phone box for her to change in and they will have the complete set.
  • If Lego Batman can license the John Williams theme they need to get it as well.

I really enjoyed it DC should just double down on their TV projects and let them use what ever characters and settings they want the audience are smarter than they give them credit for.

So long as this doesn't become too grim-dark and brooding like Arrow a bright and airy show like this will be fun to watch, i'm looking forward to seeing the first season. If they can make it even half as good as the first season of The Flash or Arrow and hit the ground running it should be a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Khanstant posted:

"Kyptonese" writing. What was wrong with Kyptonian?

She actually grew up there so she might know better and actually be able to read it.

• Locked thread