Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsa
Feb 3, 2014

rudatron posted:

I feel like you could make a better place than reddit/4chan if you could limit the ability of small, dedicated groups to brigade/drive discussion in the direction they want. The reality is the existence of people like /pol/ posters, and the willingness of those members to project their misanthropic abrasiveness everywhere else, is what drives bald-faced racism to be socially acceptable on 4chan. And don't say 'it just ironic', it's not, ironic racism is possible to do but is distinguishable from actual racism to people with a brain, you're not fooling anyone.

Says you, there' probably a lot of people on there that would surprise you, not every progressive or feminist has a stick up their rear end 24/7 about this poo poo. Also bald-faced racism and sexism happens here all the time, go check out the old thread on the fake college rape thing if you don't believe me.

CommieGIR posted:

GBS is slowly devolving into a poo poo storm of 4chan like materiel.

Interestingly enough it has gotten a lot better during this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

tsa posted:

Says you, there' probably a lot of people on there that would surprise you, not every progressive or feminist has a stick up their rear end 24/7 about this poo poo. Also bald-faced racism and sexism happens here all the time, go check out the old thread on the fake college rape thing if you don't believe me.

Like at least LF had a sense of humor about the whole thing.

• Locked thread