Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Freshmen Orientation week has just wrapped up at SUNY Victoire. It's the Sunday before classes start; as a result all across campus is the hustle and bustle of the upperclassmen moving into their on campus housing - a number of sets of townhouses and apartment complexes that at least offered a modicum of privacy and space.

But, as freshmen, you all live here:

Julian Victoire Hall obviously used to be a co-ed dorm, but hasn't been for some time (even Lenora doesn't have any experiences with it), leaving you with a secondary bathroom with an erroneous Men's Room sign on it, that gets scribbled on and vandalized constantly. That hasn't helped it being a mess already, of course. But this Orientation week has been a whirlwind of activity, so it's hardly surprising that you haven't had time for housekeeping chores. The janitor who comes in at 4 am only makes a cursory attempt at tidying up, so the place looks lived in, right now. And it's only been a week. There's a map of the world in the hallway outside the lounge with a bunch of strings on it, leading from the places you come from to Victoire, NY. It looks like a festive spider-web, and is a prime example of your RA, Becks' terrible handwriting.

Ellen was definitely cooking something last night, because the smells of improvised bulgogi and cabbage waft through the halls and doorways of the dorm. Maybe there's leftovers? But maybe that freshman 15 ought to be avoided, too. Regardless, her cookware is filling the sink. Hasn't gotten gross, yet, but it's only a matter of time.

As what has been usual this past week, Becks woke up early this morning, and making a godawful commotion showered and then left via the back stairwell, down to where the laundry room and basement exit were. Probably to get a last minute shoot of something or somewhere before it was overwhelmed with returning students.

This does, however, leave you unchaperoned for the last day before classes start. Maybe time start getting ready for school. Or it may be time to get into one last spot of trouble before school distracts you.

Everyone It's only been a week but already friendships and rivalries have started to spring up. Who in the dorm has been a lot cooler than you expected? Who's been a lot lamer?

Amanda You came here to study, so how has the past Orientation week been useful to you? Or have you just spent the whole time looking for excuses to be near Melody? Who recognized the way you've been looking at her, and what excuse did you give them?

Samantha You woke up later than normal this morning, and you're still tired. Why? What unusual circumstances made you stay up? And what unusual dreams woke you up?

Lenora You saw another face you recognized from a previous year this past week. Who was it, and why did you re-introduce yourself this time? Why do you get the feeling they might not have forgotten you completely, and how did it make you feel?

Seyah It's only been a week and everyone in your dorm already recognizes you for doing something outrageous. What was it? What rationalization have you given yourself and others for it?

Nadia Mammon has made a request of you when you woke up. What is it, and why does the severity of it surprise you?

Melody Ellen refused to let you have any of her bulgogi last night! Why do you have your parents to blame for her being upset? How has that impacted your stardom?

Tori Someone on the floor has been watching you very suspiciously. Who is it, and why do you think they might know what you are? What do you plan to do about it?

Kat Thankfully, you've been able to avoid granting wishes this past Orientation week. Except for one; who wished, what for, and what went wrong?

OOC Thread is here, strings and class schedules here. Please put your character sheet in your first post.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi
Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

So far things haven't gone exactly as planned. First I didn't realize that there was no train from here to NYC, and the reality that this is a lot more remote than I figured. First of all, I have never seen such a forest that we are the edge of, and it is a little distracting, like I can see the possibilities in there. It is like an instinct and it is the first time I've felt this way. That lead to the incident and I have never felt so embarrassed. I blame the time zone change, but it all started with that drat forest. I was sleeping and I was dreaming of building a very big web and watching it slowly come together.

What I was doing at the time was sleep walking and I mean apparently big time. I was just in jammies in what was very cold weather and it wasn't until I stepped in the fountain in front of our building that I woke up. EVERYONE laughed at me, and I was soaked, thankfully it was flannel or I would have been even more exposed than I was. I walked into the dorm and lied that I had been sleepwalking to class cause I was so nervous. They seemed to believe me but, I know they know, that I was lying. I kept my head in my bunk and went to eat on the greek place on the other side of the town for like 2 days.

In that time, I realized how out of place I was, everyone seemed to be forming cliques and bffs and all that. I felt like I was behind and though my roommate is super weird. She keeps on looking at me like she is going to bite into me and eat me. I know the feeling because I have it toward a few of the gals. I really want to be as popular as Linsey Simmons but I also don't at the same time. I was thinking of trying to get to be friends with the girl Kat, she let me have this ring with ease. I felt like I could use it to become a close friend, but she rooms with Melody who I still feel awkward about.

I wouldn't want to let my web get tangled right?

Really though the only one that I managed to get close too this week has been Jenna Elizabeth Tines. She doesn't believe that the sun is the center of our solar system, but she is a person to talk to, and usually she likes to hang on my bed in jammies showing me music or telling me about all the weird stupid things she believes. I figure that she is at least in my major, and I might be able to use to advance into that faster than than I hoped. Other than that she is company, and when she is off on her drug induced hazes I try to mingle with the other girls as well. They are still making comments about me and the fountain, and I try to ignore them as much as I can.

Lets just say there is a nickname!

Sally Morris always pushes my buttons on the incident, and sometimes followed by lewd jokes. I wasn't prepared for this, but I should have been, she has a very cocksure and cocky and there is a hint of sexuality in there that I am not sure what to do with. I can only assume she is not hitting on me, unless laughing and taunts are how she intends to get me to open up too her. So far, I've just given a smile and walked away, it seems like the best defense, and to not rock the boat, but I can see her being a excellent target to focus on when I can do without the eyes and ears of the others.

Ingrid Mausey and I seem to have something in common, I half expect that it is something to do with hunting. I sometimes stare back at her, and wonder how she would feel if I looked her intensely that I could. I didn't want her disturbing my pretty web that would be forming soon. I will be watching her very closely.

This morning I felt like I could barely get out of bed, but I forced myself too, I was hoping to get a early start. I walked slowly into the kitchen and saw Jenna eating some carrots. Plopping myself next to her, I said, "Good Morning, ugh I can barely open my eyes."

"Oh don't you just love the gift of mother nature though? Such a lovely sun out and these taste great! Come on have some Seyah, hummus and pita isn't the only thing you should eat, accept the gifts from mother earth!" She handed me a carrot and I strategically took a bite and chewed squinting my eyes at the light.

quote:

Character Sheet: Seyah Hakimi - The Anansi

Look: Patient with glimmering eyes.

True Form: spider eyes with fangs

Origin: On My own

Stats
Hot: 0
Cold: 1
Volatile: -1
Dark: 1

Anansi Moves
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hidden Agenda - You have a Hidden Agenda; sometime during the first session, choose one:
* to see __________destroyed;
* to win __________'s love;
* To gain possession of _________;
* to learn the secret of __________.
When your Hidden Agenda is achieved, mark experience and choose a new one. When your Hidden Agenda is no longer hidden from the other PCs or can no longer be achieved, become your Darkest Self. Whenever you escape your Darkest Self, you may replace your old Hidden Agenda with a new one.

Oh What A Tangled Web - You can create strong, sticky threads to dangle from, weave webs with, and inflict upon others the entangled Condition (when you shut someone down, spend a String on them, or they blunder into your webs).

Shame On Me - When you betray the hopes and expectations of others, you gain a String on the person you most disappointed and they mark experience (if they're an NPC, they act at an Advantage).

Disaffected - When you turn someone on, roll with cold.

The Spider And The Fly - You can free someone from the entangled Condition. When you do, it's the same as spending a String on them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex Move- When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition entangled with you...you decide if this means physically, socially, emotionally, as part of your schemes, or any combination of those. This counts as entangled, for purposes of other moves.

Darkest Self- Your spider nature asserts itself and you assume your true form. All the games are over now...you will seek your (possibly not-so) Hidden Agenda to the exclusion of all other pursuits, even if it is beyond your reach, and everyone who gets in your way will find themselves entombed in silken sarcophagi. To escape your Darkest Self someone must stand in your way and make you laugh, or make you think.

Your Backstory- One or more others have been in your web before. Take two Strings on someone, or one String on two someones.

Your bizarre antics are well known.
Everyone gains a String on you.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 3, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Tori Huntsman

This last week has been very eye-opening. Elizabeth told me that I was just a drive away from the big city, but given all the cars once you get there, trying to make a visit is very not worth it. After trying that for one of these days without classes, I doubt I'm going to try again except if I need some time away from the quaint, bland nature of this little town. At least the other students are far from boring, or else I'd expect all the parties to be four people quietly drinking themselves to sleep while listening to crickets. I'm not saying they are all wonderful, but at least they are very, very interesting.

My roommate, for example, is prone to sleepwalking. That little incident with the fountain was a little embarrassing even for me. I have to live with the girl who wanders into fountains in the middle of the night. I'm hoping she doesn't end up making any real enemies, there are pictures of what happened and if they spread, it won't just be Sally calling her all sorts of names. Although, seeing Seyah act all bashful and shy makes my instincts kick in. Elizabeth always said that we are predators, and we can smell weakness. Still, I doubt she knows the true extent of what I could do.

Speaking of Sally, I thought we would be closer, given our similar attitudes, our similar tastes in clothes, our shared major..So much in common, but it seems as if she's very focused on getting to the top of tennis and tearing others down. I blame Seyah for helping me make a bad impression, but Sally just doesn't want to talk about some things. School, boys, clothes, she's just not very interested. Especially the boys thing, which makes me think there's something there. If she forces my hand, however, I'll make her wish she never came here. I'm not just a predator because I eat people.

Now, on the other hand, Abigail has been a breath of fresh air. Well, if I could still breathe normally. You know what I mean. She may be a party girl, but at least she can hold a conversation. Melody may know where the biggest parties are, but Abigail knows where to find the right kind of people. They're both fun, but I'm trying to keep the internet sensation at arm's length ever since the hunter incident. So, lots of partying outside of that circle and a little bit inside. It's been fun, and learning more about other places has made me very curious. I can afford first class, at least.

Of course, I've been a little less careful about letting my fangs show. Not the real ones but me being a hunter and everything. I haven't killed anyone, of course, and I really wouldn't want to do that, but it seems like my feedings have gotten the attention of Tiffany. I'm not sure if she fully understands what's going on, or is just on a crusade against indecency and fun. But I saw her asking one of my meals a lot of questions and if she keeps it up, she'll most likely figure it out. I'm not going to do anything right away, but once she finds out, I'm going to have to make an example out of her. Not that it should be difficult, she seems like she's two drinks away from having worse problems than me feeding.

The smell of cabbage made me frown as I step out of my room, dressed for a nice early fall day and now all I can smell is food I can't really eat. I wonder if I should bring it to someone's attention, but it's likely only been like that for hours, not days, so I don't want to seem bitchy this soon in the year. I feel like I need -something- to get me going this morning. I stop outside of Abigail's room, the door shut. I give it a gentle knock, hoping it isn't too early. Why couldn't I have the roommate who sleeps in. Or stays in her bed when she sleeps. Or was normal.

"Abigail? Are you there?"

quote:

Name: Tori Huntsman
Look: Pale, thirsty eyes
Skin: The Vampire
Origin: Newly Reborn

Stats:

Hot: 2
Cold: 2
Dark: -1

Darkest Self:

Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport, like a cat does with a
mouse. You need to dominate one of your people-things that you wish to control, let it know that it's yours, that it doesn't get
to choose who owns it – you do. You escape your Darkest Self when your puppet to be proves that you don't
own it entirely, or when you see the difference between food and people.

Sex Move:

When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them.
When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on that person.

Moves:

Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish
and have no idea that anything is wrong. • On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
}} they realize you hypnotized them;
}} they gently caress up your commands;
}} their sanity is unhinged.

Inescapable
You may spend a String on someone to demand that they not walk out on you. If they still do, gain 2 Strings on them.

The Feeding
You feed on hot blood. If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed,
choose two:
}} you heal 1 harm previously suffered,
}} you carry 1 forward,
}} they don’t die.

Invited
You cannot enter a home without being invited. Whenever someone invites you, take a String on them.

Wingman
When you wax poetic about the beauty of another PC, that other PC rolls to turn on the person you're talking to.

Broker
You're attuned to how people value and weaken one another. Whenever you gain a String on someone with
any Conditions named in a Skin move, such as blamed, one of them, morbid, dazed, snake food, like a sister to me, like
a brother to me, or moth to the flame, mark down 2 Strings on that person instead of 1.

Advancements:
Wingman
+1 Cold
Inescapable
Hypnotic
Change your DS - Wyrm variation
Broker

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 16, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross
Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1

Ugh, It feels like I've never stopped this last week. Whoever set up my course schedule this way is a sadistic monster. Still at least I managed to duck out of any night classes. Not that I'm going to have much time to party. I only went to that one party last week because they said Melody was going to be there, Shame I can't remember what it was that happened. I must've drunk more than I remembered because the next thing I remember was waking up in bed...alone again and clutching a road sign. I'm not normally like that I swear. I really don't know what came over me.

On the positive side no night courses mean I can pick up a part time job. I. I need the money I mean the scholarship I won is fairly generous but by the time I pay my rent and buy the books I need I won't have a lot of money left to spend on anything else. So unless I want to live off ramen for the next four years I needed one. Luckily the campus Macdonald's was hiring and it turns out I can flip burgers just about as well as anyone else so I got a job straight away.

What was the other thing you asked. Why have I been trailing Melody around. Please tell me you haven't been talking to Lindsey Summers again. All week she's been gladhanding around trying desperately to make friends with people. But there's something about her friendship that seems false like she's condescending to the little people around her she even had the nerve to tell me to just stop stalking Melody I told her it's totally not like that and I was only following Melody around because we both shared a few classes and she knew her way around campus better than me.
I mean I never expected the Campus to be so huge. Freshman orientation gave us a map but like most of that course it's been utter rubbish and I can't make much sense of it. and well if it gives me a chance to look at her cute butt while I follow her.... focus Mandy focus I'm not sure she completely bought it but she's left me alone since. Still there is some great news when I was following her around the campus I saw her put her name down for Yoga class. So I waited until she disappeared round the corner and signed up as well so we'll be sharing at least one class.
I mean I've never done Yoga before but how hard can it be and I bet Melody's really flexible and athletic and... sorry what were we talking about again.

Oh yeah the others in the dorm. Most of them are cool though. Lenora my room mate is kinda quiet and withdrawn but I'm sure I can get her to open up to me. I could use a friend to talk about these strange and confusing new feelings to anyway and there's this Asian girl. I'm not sure I can pronounce her name right. Mai something anyway her English isn't exactly great but I heard her practising with her violin the other day and it sounded amazing. She must've really put in the work to get that good and I admire her for that. But the girl I'm most jealous of is Kat what I wouldn't give to be able to swap rooms with her she seems nice enough I mean her families pretty well-off apparently but she's down to earth though and all not like Lindsey or that other rich girl Tori who's only interested in parties and always seems to have a different partner in tow every time I see her.

quote:

Name: Amanda Ross
Look: Beautiful, Darting Eyes
Skin: The Mortal
Origin: Scholarship Student

Stats:

Cold: -1
Dark: 1

Darkest Self:

Nobody understands you, or even wants to. They’d rather
you disappear. Well, you’re not going to disappear. You’re
going to make life a living hell for them. You’ll betray the
wicked to the judges, the weak to the executioners. You’ll
pit humans and supernaturals against one another, until
everyone looks like monsters. Only seeing the pain that you’re
causing your lover will let you escape your Darkest Self

Sex Move:

When you have sex with someone, trigger their Darkest
Self.

Moves:

True Love

You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during
your backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else
instead, give them a String and they become your new
lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover’s
heart or fancy.

Entrenched

If you and another character have a total of 5 or more
Strings on one another, gain 1 to all rolls against them.

Down the Rabbit Hole

When you go poking your nose in affairs not meant for
your kind, someone involved in the situation gains a
String on you, and you mark experience.

Self-Deprecating

When you talk poo poo about yourself to
someone, they choose:
  • argue and give you a String,
  • let it slide and shut you down.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue
and give you a String, or they mock
you and the MC makes a hard move.

Excuses are my Armor

When you ignore some blatant problem with your lover
or how they treat you, mark experience.

Soul Debt

Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two
Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings
against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you,
trigger your Darkest Self

Bargains

Numbing it out

You can give the dark power a String in order to remove a
Condition or up to two harm.

Uncanny Voices

You can give the dark power a String in order to realize
a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of
that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret
desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Advancements:
  • Take a move from another Skin (Self-Deprecation, Neighbour)
  • Take a Mortal move (Excuses are my Armor)
  • Take +1 Cold
  • Take a move from another Skin (Soul Debt, infernal)

True Love(s): Melody Nadia

Your Backstory

The Mortal always declares their backstory last. Declare
one person to be your lover. Give them three Strings on
you. Take one String on them

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 11, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nadia Fern
Hot 0 Cold -1 Volatile 1 Dark 1
xp 0/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

The air is ripe with the sent of bitches. I'm surrounded by raging lesbians! Ah no one gets that reference ever anyway. It's cool to be a girl's dorm though. I don't want some meathead thinking I'm into him because I don't wear a lot. It's funny that this used to be a co-ed dorm though (like they all starved to death hehe). When I wake up havin to piss I use the urinals for kicks. Speaking of meatheads though that bitch Tiff said my microskirt was slutty. I should have just mooned her but I'm not trying to have a pissing contest with an alpha bitch over who gets to be queen gently caress of poo poo mountain. Yeah I don't wear underwear. Why the gently caress would I wear underwear that poo poo is uncomfortable. Speaking of Cherise had some pants so tight I cringed when seeing them. I think I saw her rear end crack while she was standing. What the actual gently caress.
I got 1%ers for neighbors AGAIN. It's not as bad as back home though. They chose this crappy dorm instead of off campus housing. And most of the girls are normal. Well in the socioeconomic sense. Seyah looks like a fun weirdo. I've been ribbing her since the late night swim to see how well she rolls with punches. I've settled on calling her Casbah. I like it because it works on multiple levels. Amanda is another one I'm trying to prod out of her shell. She's one of those hot nerd chicks with the frumpy hairdo straight out of a movie (Cerina Vincent plays my part in the straight to dvd release). She needs to cut loose. Having someone tell you how to look sucks rear end. But conforming to stereotypes on your own must be some fresh hell.
Morgan has been beside herself all week. She gets to live with Mel who has the famous parents (big deal no one cares about what my parents do). But she also got shacked up with me. She's been following my youtube since the beginning. She's even a moderator on my Twitch channel. She was going on endlessly about all the stuff I did she loved. Her favorite was during the SR3 lp I claimed I never wear clothes during my lps because I would dilute my brand with inferior product placement; then I blur out the skullcandy logo on my headphones and doritos logo appears on the screen. Brand management is one my running gags. So I put up a sign in the lounge for Fibbage Tuesdays. I'm going to run the poo poo in the room after class for the stream and everyone's invited. Open slots will rotate stream monsters. Morgan's psyched. It's been fun hanging out with her. It's nice to see someone really enjoying my content.
Jenna is the best to chill with though. I impressed her with my pagan tattoo and now she's hooking me up with weed. Score!

This morning sucked though. Mammon woke me up yelling about something. I think he was yelling, he was also quiet it was weird. So short version something was happening at a big church in town that was a problem. Something happening in a church on Sunday, no poo poo? So tonight, and definitely before next Sunday, he wants me to desecrate the place and steal their gold crucifix to be dealt with later. Bwuh? Holy poo poo isn't that a bit... much? Breaking into a building and holding onto stolen property? That could go really bad! This is more than a few steps up from "get me a thing someone likes a lot." And now there's a time limit! I hope he doesn't expect me to do all this pro bono. I'm all for trolling Jesus and I even already have a few ideas. But god drat it I was trying to lay low for a bit. I didn't even ask him for anything the first week so I could settle in. I'm going to need to get some stuff to do this right. And gently caress me I need to wake up early tomorrow. But this is for muh boi. And it sounds like trouble if I don't get this done. Ugh I need to work up some nerve to go through with this. I'm new to this whole prove my imaginary friend has a bigger dick thing. Never doubt the worm.

I woke up again on the floor. I apparently rolled out when he was talking to me at god drat 6 am in the morning that fucker. I threw on my Doge "so fashion" shirt and my nyan cat skirt along with my Chuck Ts since I was heading for the laundry room. There were some mouse traps set up in there and animal blood would help give an official air to the profaning. I ended up floor with my rear end in the air reaching for a corpse surrounded by dust and lint. Yeah I was just cursing Mammon out at that point since I didn't think anyone was around.

quote:

Look: Frantic, burning eyes.
Origin: Bartered Soul

Stats

xp 0/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

Advancements:

Moves:
Soul Debt (Mammon the Connoisseur)
-Strings Attached
-Numbing it out

Unknowable

Advances:
Jealous Coils +1 hot custom bargain

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 23, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost
Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0+1/5 | Conditions

The first week has gotten pretty dull for me. The same stupid skits in orientation, the same sylbuses handed out in class, the same stupid questions from freshmen away from home for the first time. At least the last one lets me help people, and I can make some (temporary) friends by helping people.

Speaking of new friends, there's Tiffany. Most of the people in the dorm seemed to dislike her, but she's actually pretty nice, as long as you didn't want to get wild or anything. And that's not really my speed, most of the time. So, we sorta bonded over having normal interests. Like TV shows and books and stuff.

And what can I say? I've sorta been reading a lot about different afterlives, and she's actually interested in that sorta stuff. Granted, she's got her mind made up how things work, but she's at least willing to talk about it. She doesn't seem to realize that this isn't academic for me, but that's for the best.

Sally, on the other hand, is just so self absorbed. She's thinking she's going to make it as a tennis pro and brags about it to anyone who'll listen. I mean, she's not even that good. She's better than me, but still! I think I could actually play well enough for it to be a decent game. I don't know if she's actually delusional or if she's just trying to fake it till she makes it. Either way, she's really getting on my nerves.

Still, I've got neither of them on my mind right now. I've been thinking about the party I went to a few nights ago. No one invited me or anything. I just heard Amanda and Kat talking about it, and it sounded better than wandering the dorm again. So, I'd gravitated to a corner to watch everyone else like I usually did, when someone actually walked up to me. People don't ever notice me at these kinds of things, so I didn't hear what he said at first. I was just too surprised.

That's when I saw it was Johnathan. He was asking me if I was doing ok. I didn't know what to say. We'd been friends two years ago, but he'd forgotten me like everyone else. He was a Junior now, and he looked good. Like, really good. He'd pushed the Freshman 15 into the Freshman 40, and he was really bitter about it towards the end of the year. But now? He was ripped. And he was... hitting on me? Maybe? I don't know. He repeated himself, "So, you feeling ok, Len-" He stopped, confused. He said, "Sorry. You just... reminded me of someone. Anyway, are you feeling ok?" I still couldn't say anything. He remembered me. Well, almost. We talked for a bit, and I played the new girl pretty well. He grinned and suggested he'd be keeping an eye out for me, but he had to go.

Someone remembered me. Maybe other people could too! Maybe it was just hard or something. The rest of the night passed in a blur as I thought about the possibilities. I didn't leave until Amanda had started to drink one of the Sophmore boys under the table. I just had to get out and think about the possibilities.

That had been a few days ago, and I hadn't even been able to pretend to sleep ever since. So, when I wandered into the laundry room early in the morning, it took me a few moments before I noticed that Nadia was even in there. She was kneeling down and reaching for something. Her skirt is short enough, and she's at such an uncomfortable angle, that I notice the tattoo I'd seen before. I flushed in embarrassment when I noticed her and brushed some hair out of my face as I said, "Oh, did you lose something?" A moment of silence passes and I add, "Um, I like your tattoo."

Turn on Nadia: 2d6 6
spending string for +1

quote:

Lenora Mills, the Ghost

Look: Forlorn, with dull eyes

Origin: Left to die

Stats:
Hot 0, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Moves:
Unresolved Trauma
Whenever you project the blame and trauma of your death onto your current situation, roll with dark.
On a 10 up, give two people the blamed condition.
On a 7-9, give up to two people the blamed condition, but for each, choose one:
}} You gain the delusional condition,
}} You can’t speak during this scene,
}} You suffer one harm,
}} You start re-enacting the scene of your death.

Hungry Ghost
You find sustenance in sadness. When others dump their emotional problems on you, roll with dark.
On a 10 up, they lose all their conditions, and you choose one:
}} Mark experience,
}} Carry one forward,
}} Gain a String on them
On a 7-9, they choose one:
}} They lose all their conditions,
}} They gain a String on you.

Vengeful
Whenever you lash out physically at someone with the blamed condition, roll using Dark.
Add 1 extra harm to whatever harm you deal.

Dissipate
You can walk through walls.

Icebreaker
When someone speaks to break silence to start a conversation, roll dark.
On a 10 the person blurts out the truth of two of these questions.
On a 7-9 both of you blurt out the answer to one question.
}} Who do you want to make out with?
}} What do you not want me to know?
}} What do you intend to do?
}} What do you wish I would do?
}} What are you afraid of?
}} What are you ashamed of?
}} Do you like me?

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another’s characters.
This can be spoken by your character, or simply asked player-to-player. The other person must answer honestly and directly.

Darkest Self
You become invisible. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication.
You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 24, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nadia Fern
xp 0 1/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

"Huhwhat?" I spun around and sat up against the washing machine to see who was talking. It was um what's her name. poo poo, Lenora right. The way she was looking at me made me feel weird. Not bad. Just... Well I felt like I wanted her to like what she saw. (Lenora gains a string on Nadia)
So while I was staring at her slack jawed and half asleep it occurred to me to cross my legs or something while I was just sitting there in front of her. I ended up putting my hand on my skirt to weight it down between my legs. Yeah uh smooth. I don't want her thinking I'm trying to show off. Not that I mind her seeing. I can feel my face burning up for the first time in years and I try to focus on her questions to get myself off that track.

Turn on Lenora 8

"My tat? I pulled it from an old book. It's the brand of Mammon, Tyrant of Gold. Thought an old reference like that was more classy than a tribal tramp stamp ya know?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 15, 2015

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Kat Zetterstrom
Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2

Overall, things have been pretty good so far. Orientation week was a little boring and not all that helpful, but getting to know the other people in my building has been fun, for the most part. I mean there's my roommate Melody, of course, who is super cool. I'm not really into gossip magazines and stuff, but my sister is, and was she ever jealous when I told her. She didn't even believe me at first – I had to text her a selfie of me and Mel to prove it to her.

I mean, really, it's not a bad group of girls overall. I was looking forward to having the chance to make a lot of new friends when school started, and so far I think it's going pretty well. I've been trying to force myself to be a bit more outgoing, and I think it's working. I really feel like a lot of the girls are pretty close to being real friends already.

Like, there's Lenora, who showed me around campus on the first day. She's pretty nice, although she seems a little off sometimes. I've never been great at reading people, so I'm not sure what it is. But either way she seems like she'd be a good friend. Oh, and there's Ellen, who is pretty much the best cook ever (sorry Dad!) and always seems to make three times what she eats so she can share with other people. If there were a title for friendliest person in the building, it'd be between her and Lindsey.

Honestly, it's probably easier to just list the people I'm not as sure about. I mean, I want to give everybody a chance and everything, but a few people have sort of rubbed me the wrong way already. Like I was really excited to talk to Seyah at first, because one of the things I was looking forward to coming to college was meeting people from all over the world and stuff. But she seems a bit weird in how she talks to people sometimes. Then again maybe I'm just being racist. I should cut her some slack, especially after that whole embarrassing sleepwalking thing that happened to her.

Tiffany has been rubbing a lot of people the wrong way, I think. I haven't really talked to her much, but everybody says she's really stuck up and unpleasant. That's no excuse to make fun of her appearance, though. And some of the girls, like Tori and Ingrid, just seem sort of distant, like they don't really want to make a lot of friends.

The only person I can say has really gotten on my nerves and made a bad impression is Morgan. I mean, holy crap, what a creep! Like, okay, most people can put two and two together when they see my face and hear my last name, but that doesn't mean that it's okay to ask if I'm adopted in your first conversation with me! And do you know why she asked? Because she wanted to know if I was Japanese! Apparently she had been “hopeful” when she saw that there were three Asian girls in her dorm, and had been “disappointed” when she found out that neither of the others were Japanese. How weird and racist can you be? I just told her I didn't know, which was probably the wrong answer, because then she started telling me that I should try to find out. I pretty much walked out of the conversation at that point, and have done my best to avoid her since.

Still, overall I'm pretty happy with how things have gone. There were a few annoyances, like when I found out that we basically have a glorified P.E. requirement. I mean, what is this, high school? I assume it was in one of those emails or packages or whatever that I didn't read all the way through. Anyway Mel convinced me to sign up for yoga with her, so hopefully that will be fun.

Which leads me to the last wish I granted. Only the second one since I've been here, after that girl Amanda wished to enjoy herself. This one was at one of the orientation events, right after those of us who weren't fully prepared found out about the whole “wellness” thing. A bunch of people were complaining about it, and I heard a couple of guys who were upset about things like billiards and massage being allowed to fulfil the requirement. They were making fun of how little physical activity was actually involved in those things when one of them said something like “I wish I could just fulfil the requirement by playing League of Legends”. I'm not really a gamer (besides RPGs), but that sounded like a hilarious wish to grant. I figured it would be a fun little act of silent protest against the dumb requirement, and ultimately pretty harmless. What do I care if some nerds play video games instead of billiards or whatever?

Turns out it wasn't quite as harmless as expected. The university announced the last-minute addition to the list of approved activities, and suddenly a lot of people are really upset about it, and a few are wondering why their favourite video games or whatever aren't allowed to fulfil the requirement. Like, seriously, guys, who cares? It seems silly to me, but apparently it's causing a lot of headaches for whatever administrators are in charge of this stuff.

----------------------------------------

I found myself thinking about the wish that morning while I was getting out of bed. Maybe that one hadn't gone exactly as I'd expected, but still, at least a few people were probably happier because of it. I resolved to grant a few more wishes going forward; I was sure that I could do a better job of it than I had the year before.

I briefly thought about going to the lounge in my sleepwear – a tank top and flannel pyjama bottoms, if you must know – but decided against it. It shouldn't have been a big deal, especially in an all-girl dorm, but I just got so nervous about walking around like that. I decided to change quickly instead.

As much as I was adjusting to dorm life okay overall, the lack of privacy was really the thing that was killing me. I still got a little freaked out using the showers, knowing that other people could be just on the other side of a thin stall wall. And sharing a single room with another person meant having to be really careful about when I got changed. Melody didn't seem to mind changing in front of me, but I always tried to avoid changing when she was in the room.

Fortunately, she was sleeping at the moment, so I was able to quietly change into more appropriate clothes. Nothing fancy – jeans and a t-shirt – but at least I was wearing underwear underneath. I did my best to stay silent as I slipped out of the room, wondering what I was going to have for breakfast.

My first stop was the lounge, where I found only Seyah and Jenna – most of the girls were probably sleeping in like Mel. I smiled and said a polite “hey” before immediately checking the fridge. Just about bare – no sign of the eggs I'd bought the other day. Or the milk. Or much of anything, really. I didn't really mind if the other girls wanted to take some of the groceries I bought – my parents had given me plenty of money for that kind of stuff – but it was a bit annoying that some of them didn't even ask.

Oh well. I didn't have anything to do today anyway – might as well go out for breakfast. I thought about asking Seyah and Jenna, but I decided to wait for Mel to wake up first. So I just lay down on one of the couches, wishing I'd slept in a little more.

quote:

Name: Katherine “Kat” Zetterstrom
Skin: The Djinni
Origin: Awoken Ancestry
Look: Slightly Foreign, Otherworldly Eyes

Stats:
Hot 1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Resentment: 0

Friend Like Me
You have the power to grant wishes, if they have been phrased as a wish or expressed as a desire directly to you. As you fulfil the dreams of others instead of your own, your resentment eventually becomes too much to bear. You have a fifth stat, Resentment, to reflect this, which starts at zero and can climb to 3. If at any time you would take a fourth point of resentment, instead become your Darkest Self. You can only ever gain or lose one point of Resentment per scene. If you grant a wish while in your Darkest Self, lose a point of Resentment. When you leave your Darkest Self, reset your Resentment to 0.

When you attempt to grant their wish, roll +Dark. On a 10+, you grant the wish according to the wisher’s intent. On a 7-9, you grant the wish according to their exact request. Either way:
~If they genuinely thank you, take a string on them.
~If not, they gain a string on you, and you mark 1 point of Resentment.

Monkey Paw
When you twist the words or spirit of a wish to mess with someone, roll +Dark. On a 10+, the twisted wish succeeds and you may act as though you had rolled a 10+ to shut them down or remove 1 point of Resentment. On a 7-9, you succeed and remove 1 point of Resentment, but pick one from the list:
~You take the condition Drained;
~You take one harm;
~You get caught up in the twist.

Djinn in a Bottle
You've been bound to a trinket--a bottle, a lamp, a ring, or something similar. It can be stolen, but never destroyed. You can only take it back from whoever holds it if they give it directly to you. If you freely give your trinket to someone new, take a string on them. When the bearer of your trinket gives you a command, they choose:
~You mark experience if you follow their command;
~You must hold steady to refuse their command.
Either way, carry 1 forward if you attempt to fulfil their demands.

If you start with this move, choose who has your trinket during your backstory.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, treat it as if you had granted them a wish as per Friend Like Me.

Darkest Self
They like your things, but they don’t like you. They’re too busy fawning over your gifts, taking advantage of your generosity, to even care about the one who put them where they stand now. Maybe it’s time for your “gifts” to do the talking for you. Grant every desire you hear that could be even tenuously interpreted as a wish. Make sure every wish granted has an unexpected and unfortunate twist. If someone had the gall to steal your trinket, they should be your prime target. When rolling to 'grant' wishes, roll +Resentment. Exit your Darkest Self when your Resentment stat reaches 0 or when someone proves that they like you for you, not for what you can do for them.

Viscardus fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 15, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi

Seeing Kat come in and make herself comfy on the couches, I saw a chance that I had to take. Jenna and her veganism were getting to me, and I had to admit, I missed a few of the middle eastern flavor in my food. It would be possible to maybe get some breakfast with Kat and possibly get to know her better. Getting up and stretching in my long black tank top with my jean shorts, I slid across from Kat. A nod and wink to Jenna who was happy to much away at her carrots. I gave a bit of a smile, to Kat and leaned toward her. I might not have been as popular with the others, but Kat seemed like my way in.

"Hi Kat, did you want something for breakfast? I saw that nothing is in the fridge again, and I only really have been living off the greek place on the other side of town. I'm starving for some meat." I said sliding down a bit into the couch across from her, Jenna looked like she was about to explode at the thought. "I'm sorry, Jenna, but carrots just can't do it for me anymore." I said crunching the last of the one I had been given. It was only a few days before classes would take up most of my time, now was the time to try to get friends.

I slid down and flipped my short hair back, "You all should really think of where your food is coming from. Eggs, milk, meat! This is all terrible, and it is harmful to the mother earth on top of everything." Jenna decided to add.

Turning around and sticking my butt in the air, I shot back, "I know Jenna, but seriously, it has been almost a week without anything of substance, I really just want something good. I don't care what!" Turning back to Kat, I smile sweetly, at least I hope for this to work, "What do you think Kat, would you mind me tagging along for breakfast?"

Accidental Turn on roll for Kat,
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 8+0 = 8
it begins :shobon:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 15, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1+1/5 | Conditions

I nod, trying to ignore the fact that she doesn't seem to be wearing anything under her skirt. I say, "Mammon? Like the demon? That's pretty old school, yeah. Why'd you pick it?"

While I'm asking, I bend down to see what she's reaching for. Probably some change or something for the washing machines. Maybe I could give her a hand?

It's a dead mouse caught in a trap. Ew. Guess it's starting to smell or something. Not that I could tell either way, really. I wrinkle my nose and pull the trap out from under the washer. I give her a grin, saying, "Got it. Just need to dump this sucker in the trash." I hold it at arms length and head over to the trashcan to dump it.

Hold steady: 2d6+1 12
Take +1 forward

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern
xp 1/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

I got up and kept pace with Lenora to the trash. I need to see where the sucker ends up so I can get it later when no one is around to wonder what the hell is wrong with me. "Thanks. And yeah my bff Lisa got me on a retro kick. The vintage symbols are cooler than the yellow sign or the eight pointed star anyway." I smirked. "I picked this one specifically though because the only temple my folks go to is the bank." I couldn't help but roll my eyes and huff thinking about them. "Not that you'd know it talking to my mom. She would flip her poo poo if she saw this. She didn't even want me getting ear rings. Hey maybe I should get a piercing next. Well that sort of stuff doesn't look like your type of thing anyway." I try to smile and not feel like a dipshit just blathering to this girl about myself. The hell is wrong with me today?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1

Melody's Gang

quote:

Melody Majorie Skye-Edgars, the Gentry become Queen
Origin: Child of Fae Celebrity Power-Couple, and the Rightful Queen of Faerie (and campus)
Look: Enthralling, Bored Eyes

Stats
Dark: -1

Moves
The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the following strengths for your gang: they’re connected (with money and designer drugs)

The Shield
When you’re surrounded by your gang, subtract 1 from any rolls against you. (NPCs act at a Disadvantage.)

Faery Boon
You may offer someone else a faery boon, allowing them to:
  • Open 1 passage they otherwise would have been barred from
  • Take 1 forward on 1 goal for the rest of the scene
  • Get an honest answer to 1 question
In exchange, they take the condition Yours Truly [Melody feels like they should be thankful, but also resents them a little, and it's definitely not completely above board]. If they spurn your kindness, give them a string.

Leanan Sidhe
When you Turn Someone On, on a 10+, you can give them Yours Truly instead of taking a string. If they already have Yours Truly, on a 7-9 you can remove one of the options.

La Belle Dame
When your gifts help another succeed, they mark experience. If they spurn you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

*And Your Enemies Closer
When someone betrays you, gain a String on them.

*Sans Merci
When you Shut Down someone with the Yours Truly condition, on a 7+ they take 1 harm at your discretion.

*Guide
If you spend a String on someone willing, you can bring them across the veil, into the faery court. The spell doesn’t last long, though, before you’re both returned to the mundane world.

Streaming
You have a telepathic connection with your gang members. You can always hear their emotions and fears. When you try to hear specific thoughts, gaze into the abyss about it and add 1 to your roll.

The Bait
You have a collection of beautiful clothes. When you show it to someone, they inevitably find something they fancy. They will mark experience when it becomes theirs and is no longer yours. Also, choose one: they see something someone else would like, and when you show that someone the something, carry one forward against them, or the time has flown by and it's hours later than you thought.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition one of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They’ve failed you. This is all their fault, and there’s no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Advances
Guide
Enemies Closer
Sans Merci
Cold +1
Changed Skins
Streaming
The Bait

It’s hard to tell what woke me, really – Kat leaving, the sun streaming through the cute curtains we have over the window, or the smell of Ellen’s Bulgogi leftovers. Regardless of the exact reason, I roll over in bed, yawning and stretching. Last day of freedom, should try and get it off to a good start.

Since Kat’s not in the room (not that it would bother me too much if she was – I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of appearance-wise) I strip off my sleep clothes, pleased with my decision to have showered before going to bed. Trying to shower first thing in the morning is practically an exercise in futility. They really should install a deluxe shower – one with an actual door and walls that are peep-proof – and charge per usage. Would price half the girls out of here out of it automatically, and maybe then I could have some privacy.

Throwing on some panties, a pair of leggings, and a cute dress, I take a minute or two to accessorize with some a few of my less extravagant bracelets, necklace, and earrings. Checking myself to make sure I’ve got the look I was going for (“better than you”, basically) down, I grab my purse and now it’s time to track down Kat. Can’t be seen eating breakfast in town by myself, after all, and it’s not like Ellen will share her cooking with me, now that she knows who I am.

It’s so loving dumb. So, like ten years ago, my dad was in that Korean War Film, The Beaches of Inchon. It was supposed to be the Saving Private Ryan of the Korean War, but it didn’t work out that way. Mostly it just came across as incredibly racist, and my dad being quicker to speak than think in interviews sometimes (I think that was when he was still portraying himself as an Alcoholic as well, for the redemption arc he had planned for 2007-2008,) did NOT help matters. Ellen’s ethnically Korean, and it turns out that my dad saying some poo poo about Koreans didn’t sit well with her. So, she made it clear to me her cooking’s not for me, I guess to… what? Avenge her people on someone who didn’t even do anything?

Not that I care. Her food doesn’t smell that good. Especially when she lets the dirty dishes pile up in the sink. For now, I’m being nice about it – I didn’t even criticize her after she started withholding food from me. I’m not getting into an argument with a classmate that could be perceived as racist right now, I do NOT need those type of headlines.

Striding down the hall, it looks like a bunch of people are already up and gathered. Tori’s in the halls, Sayeh, Jenna, Ellen and Kat in the lounge – good, found her. I incline my head ever so slightly as a greeting to everyone, already considering how I’m going to handle breakfast invitations.

Tori’s in, she seems cool and would be an acceptable person for me to be photographed with. Sayeh’s a weirdo, so I’d prefer she not come, but she’s talking to Kat so I probably should. Jenna doesn’t get an invite either – I assumed she’d be fairly relaxed. Then she saw me wearing my fur coat, and suddenly it’s time for her to get on a high horse (which is probably animal cruelty too) about it. Kat obviously gets an invite, I want her shadowing me and getting used to my routine as much as possible, since she’ll basically be my personal assistant while I’m stuck at SUNY.

I wish Lindsey Simmons was out here. We get along splendidly, in that she recognizes I can help her achieve what she wants, so she treats me with the proper amount of deference and respect. She may be rich, but money can’t buy true fame. She has money, while I already have both. Plus, I’m on a first name basis with numerous political figures that my parents know. We actually got a Christmas Card from the Obamas. Unfortunately, she’s not here, so no invitation for her, alas.

Having discerned the correct way to chart these social waters, I look towards the carrots and other cheap breakfast foods being consumed, shaking my head in mild disappointment. “Ughh.” Looking towards Kat, then Sayeh, then Tori, I’m giving all of them my best ‘look who has a present for you’ grin. It’s a specific time of grin, it takes practice and only Gentry can properly pull it off.

“Hmmm, anyone else want something good?” Subtle dig there.  “Last day before class and all. The Diner is open, and I could use some good coffee, maybe a turnover. If you all want to come, I’ll pay – of course.” If they say no, it truly is there loss. The Diner is right off campus, and more expensive than you’d guess from such a low-key name. The food is delicious and the coffee incredible though, so it’d be a real treat compared to dorm-hall cuisine.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 20, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi

"Oh?" Melody was talking to me! This was so perfect, now I can hopefully use her to get away from Kat so I can have a discussion about the ring. "That sounds great Melody, but, aren't I the tag along? It seems right that I should pay." I said mildly embarrassed to be the tag along, I should be the one setting it up! This lack of knowledge about the terrain was really biting me in the butt right now. "Jenna, I know you don't like to watch animals being consumed, so I'll talk later." I say to her to be polite. No reason to burn bridges, but it was obviously very exciting to me, and hopefully I would be able to integrate like I want too.

"Either way, I would love some real food, I only have been going to the greek place... Lot'sa Falafel. Near Corning Street. " I said jerking my thumb in its direction.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross

I was laid up in bed. Not fully asleep exactly but kinda warm and drowsy. I'm still not quite used to sharing with other people and I've never been much of an early riser. So the sound of people moving around this early is not something I'm used to. At least my roommate was fairly quiet. Hell I hadn't even heard her get out of bed. Still with the morning racket I obviously wasn't going to be able to get any more sleep between the sound of the showers and people clomping up and down the stairs. Still if I was gonna be up early I needed something to liven me up. A nice cup of coffee should get me ready and eager for the day. I pulled on my ratty old dressing gown that I brought from home and the pink bunny slippers my mom bought me as a going away gift (Mom I love you and all but you have like the worst taste .) Still they'd have to do for now. I pulled on my glasses and set off towards the kitchen.

I could hear the sound of voices coming from the lounge. But hey this place was as much mine as anyone else's right? so I felt perfectly entitled to wander in and get a cup of joe. A few of the other girls were sat there chatting. Ellen and Sayeh, and Kat and poo poo Melody. Of course she was there perfectly groomed and immaculately dressed. Meanwhile there's frumpy old me complete with bedhair a dressing gown a size too small and a pair of pink bunny slippers. This is not the way I want to look while I talk to her. Oh poo poo they're staring at me come up with something clever to say.

rolling to hold steady
[01:02] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[01:02] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2-1 = 1

oh god what do I say. After what seems like an eternity too long I get my pounding heart under control enough to squeak out. "Anyone else want a coffee while I'm making one?" Oh yeah real loving clever there Mandy, like a girl who looks like that wants to share your store brand instant coffee. She probably has her beans hand delivered from some plantation where they're hand-picked by monks or something like that. I felt like super embarrassed and tried to slink into a corner while I waited for the kettle to boil.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 16, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman
Hot 2, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark -1
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

I was about to knock again, but then I hear Melody talking to me. While some people weren't seemingly invited, I decide a text for Abigail instead of bothering with more knocking. -off to bfast get coffee later?-

Something like this would be a fun way to get close to Melody without the usual problems of attracting potential hunters. In fact, most of them believe vampires can't go outside when the sun is out, which is all wrong. I usually have to stick to tanning beds if I want anything like sun on my skin, but I can handle it for an hour or two without too many problems. Plus, Melody -is- famous. Keeping her close will help with making things fun while stuck off-campus. Then Seyah starts talking about Greek food and my stomach starts to growl. I turn towards Melody, slightly forcing her smile a bit more than normal. "Did you mean the diner on campus? Do you think they handle special orders very well?"

I was about to say more, but was distracted by the sudden comment by Amanda who can't seem to at least look half-decent this early in the morning. "-Instant- coffee?" The disgust was pretty obvious, even thought I completely regret it after saying it.

[05:38.37] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[05:38.37] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+1 = 8
Swapping conditions, going with Poor Taste for Amanda, marking XP.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Kat Zetterstrom
Hot: +1 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: +2

Seyah seemed to read my mind, asking me about going out for breakfast. Even if I hadn't already been inclined to invite her, I wouldn't have been able to say no to her. She looked so cute and enthusiastic. But I still wanted to wait for Melody.

Before I could even say anything, though, Melody walked through the door, immediately taking command of the situation as always. "Yeah, I'll come," I answered Mel's invitation happily. I was pretty excited that my plan to go out for breakfast with everyone was coming together, even if I never actually said it out loud.

I felt some sympathy for Amanda when she entered, looking a little embarrassed, though I wasn't sure why. Maybe because she wasn't dressed properly? But that wasn't exactly uncommon. Or maybe it was something to do with Tori, considering the remark she made about Amanda's choice of beverage. I then realized that no one has told her about the breakfast plan yet. "Amanda, we were going to go out for breakfast. Do you want to come?"

I'll give Seyah a string on Kat.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions

After I dump the dead rat in the trashcan and place the trap on a nearby shelf, I keep walking down the hall, assuming that Naida's taken care of her business in the washroom. I start talking to her, saying, "Oh, yeah. I'm all for rebellion... as long as other people are doing it. But I'm a giant wuss. Needles just creep me out." I start to think that I should probably wash some of my clothes soon. It's not like I sweat or anything, so I tend to wear the same thing a few days in a row. I just kinda... forget to change, really. Really, all the clothes I have look pretty much the same (baggy tops and pants with washed out colors), so maybe no one notices that I don't really change that often.

I'm a bit surprised at everyone gathering in the common room. There isn't any orientation things going on now. I should know, after all. I want to ask what's going on, but it's all the rich girls going out. Whatever they're doing, there's no way could I afford to go. Instead, I look to Naida and ask, "So, do you have any plans for the day?"

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 16, 2015

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

I shrug. "I gotta pick some things up and run a favor for a friend but I can do that whenever. ...Why?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars

Kat’s down, of course – it really is convenient for me how smart, funny, kind, and most of all, how pliable she is – as is Sayeh. Tori seems confused about what diner I mean. I’m just about to correct her when Amanda (I think) stumbles out, looking positively Arthur-Dentish, offering us instant coffee. Tori shoots back a comment about her having bad taste (she presumably does) but I’m still kinda stunned someone here drinks instant coffee. It’s so cheap, it might as well be dirt.

Hmmm… poor, obviously. But pretty in a common way, and very smart - if I remember right. Hmmm… decisions, decisions…

“Amanda!” I whirl around and grin, my vibrant dress practically radiant in the sunlight coming through the window above the sink. “Glad you’re awake. Want to come with us?” Kat may have invited her already – wait your turn next time Kat – but I’m the one whose invitation matters.

I’m smiling at her, not staring at her hilarious bunny slippers or commenting on her cheap rear end-coffee. “Just go and get changed real quick, I’ll wait for you. And we’ll pick up good coffee for everyone in the dorm to use while we’re out, sound good?”

turn on amanda: 2d6+2 11
Using Leanan Sidhe, giving Amanda the condition Yours Truly

While she does, I’m turning back to Saypeh. I’m not letting her disrupt my plans. “Oh, you can pay if you want, I guess. Trying to do something nice for everyone, but…” I let the sentence hang, allowing her to imagine what the rest of it was going to be.

And now to address Tori. “And Tori, it’s not the campus diner, it’s The Diner, the one right off campus.” I wonder how many other freshman that’s confused before? The campus diner is dingy and not partciuarly amazing. The Diner is a cozy little restaurant that costs about five times what the campus diner does.

Hmm, not a bad group. Still need Lindsey, but if she doesn’t want to be awake, there’ll be more chances to show-off to her.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 16, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost

I glance over at the crowd. They're going to The Diner? Just because? And Melody's treating? Well, drat. I knew they were rich kids, but that's just kinda over the top.

I look back at Nadia and try to give her a winsome smile. She wasn't invited either, so I guess it's not as bad to be left out together, right? Rubbing the back of my head, I say, "Oh, well, if you're busy, that's ok, but it's just the last day before classes really start, right? Maybe we could go to the cafe and get some food, then just hang out and goof off?"

Turn on Nadia: 2d6 7
Truly the hottest of Ghosts.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

Aw poo poo she's looking at me funny again. And now she's inviting just me out to a meal. This is just like my japanese animes. Two girls making eye contact from across the room, 100% gay for each other! Might as well have had lilies bloom behind her when she saw me. The air is thick with subtext. Speaking of the air I gotta get out of here there must be something in the air.
"Yeah sure, why not?" Hanging out with her might be fun. Despite myself I want to. "Speaking of classes you get the ones you want? I got boned on half of them."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi

"I was just trying to thank you for your generous offer." I say determinedly, It was obvious she was shifting and focusing on Amanda who looked like a hot mess at the moment. I decided to ply a different tact on my lines, Melody was obviously trying to take control of Amanda. Her lack of interest in me might be a blessing in this instance. I move over to Kat's couch and smile sweetly at her. Whispering lowly, "I know you and Melody are BFFs, thanks for letting me come along I really appreciate it." I give Kat a hug and turn my attention to my roommate Tori and Amanda.

"I have no problem waiting, in fact I am going to get changed as well." I say getting up and running off to my room as I do. This was great! I was going to be right in position to do everything I need to do. This was going to be the heart of my web. You just have to choose the right person. Changing faster than I had any right to be, I put on a Turkish shawl with a short black shirt and a very attractive green top. A single brush of my hair and my hair fell into place or at least it felt like it, and I was back in the lounge in maybe a minute.

Without looking for anyone else, other than Kat, I waved to Melody. "Ready to go!"

Turn on roll for melody
<Axe-man> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axe-man, 5+0 = 5
oh noooeeesssss!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: None

I yawn feebly, pushing my hair away from my face and stumble upright and out of bed, glaring at the light sneaking in through the poorly constructed dorm window. "drat, I'm tired." Rubbing my eyes, I glance around the room hastily, but it looks like Nadia already left, good. Not that I don't like her, but I look a complete mess right now, and would rather avoid showing it off if I can help it.

I'm normally up late. That isn't weird. But what is weird was how much extra late I was. I usually get caught up in some youtube video or reading a thread or 20 online, but after that, I remembered to set up the ward. I remembered to try to set up the ward. I was trying to put a protective spell around the room to keep out any roaming spirits. Lenora seems harmless enough, but if I've run into one this fast who knows if the next one is going to be friendly. AND there really is something off about Nadia's aura. I'm going to be pushing for any crystal healing sessions or something, I don't plan on becoming another Jenna.

Thought she'd bond with me over her weird hippie poo poo. Well, some wicca stuff, and some of the hippie paraphernalia works, don't get me wrong. Thats why I have it with me. And the rest is a good cover. But I'm not too big into getting stoned out of my mind, and I don't give a dove's rear end about peace and goodwill towards all. Or whatever.

Anyway. Was trying to do a protective spell against spirits. But it wasn't taking! I tried looking up help online, but the only thing I could find was people saying that it wouldn't work if a spirit was already in and preventing it? So I guess I have to do an exorcism or something first? Whatever.

I end up pulling on some clothes and running a brush hastily through my hair, then heading out into the hall. The sound of voices drifting down from the common room has caught my ear, maybe Ellen is there cooking again? She's the kind of girl I'd have written off, but wow was the cake she made good! And the korean food. And- basically she makes really good food, and doesn't mind sharing. New best friend. When I walk into the room though, it isn't Ellen. Instead it appears to be.... half the floor? "Did I miss some scheduled group orientation thing?" I ask the room at large.

-----

The Witch posted:

Name: Samantha Hunter
Look: coy, deep eyes
Origin: gifted

Moves
Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from sympathetic tokens - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a String.

Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
~the casting does you 1 harm;
~the Hex has unexpected side effects;
~trigger your Darkest Self.

Bide My Time
If you’ve got a sympathetic token against someone, add 1 to all rolls to hold steady against their actions or to run away from them.

Scales
Once per session, you can transform into a terrifying magical energies, overflowing with power and magic. Give yourself the Condition secretly vulnerable. While transformed, you can roll to lash out physically with dark, except do as much harm as you like. When the scene ends, you collapse back into your human form.

Disaffected
When you turn someone on, roll with cold.

Hexes
@ Wither
The person loses all of their hair, or their teeth start rotting and falling out, or their period comes and it comes by the bucketful, or their skin gets all sickly yellow and spotty. Whatever the specifics, it’s bad.

@ Binding
The person cannot physically harm others.

@ Ring of Lies
Whenever the person attempts to lie, they hear a piercing ringing noise. Big lies will often make their knees buckle and disorient them. Severe lies can cause harm or even brain damage.

@ Watching
You enter a deep sleep, and begin to see the world through the eyes of the hexed. You can feel their reactions to and impressions of what they are seeing.

@ Illusions
Pick one: snakes and bugs, demonic visages, false prophecies, non-existent subtext. The hexed sees that thing everywhere. You have no control over the exact images or manifestations.

@ Fizzle
Whenever the person attempts to use an aggressive supernatural power against someone else -for example mind control, supernatural harm, faerie vengeance, a hex, but not say a gaze into the abyss- the effect does not take place.

Stats
Hot: -1
Dark: 2

Advances
@: All Hexes
@: Cold +1
@: Offskin Move: Scales
@: Offskin Move: Disaffected
@: Custom Hex: Fizzle

Darkest Self
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Sex Move
After sex, you can take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 16, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross
XP: 0+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

Yeah there's Tori, her family must be super wealthy or something because she never seems to want for anything. She's another one who always manages to look good first thing on a morning. I'd be jealous of her if she wasn't such a stuck up bitch. She doesn't want my coffee fine but that's no need to sneer.

giving Tori the condition stuck up.

Still I try not to let people like that get to me. Kat asks me if I want to go grab breakfast with her and some of the others I was just considering it when it happened . Melody's talking to me! I can't believe it. She's stood there framed by the glorious morning sunrise looking like some sort of goddess. I'd like to bow down and worship that. Amen! I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't quite take in everything she said. Wait she's inviting me for coffee? well it sounds like she's inviting half the dorm for coffee. But hey it's a start. Today's already looking up!

"Uh, sure I'd love to come just give me 10 to shower and change." I say much more brightly. There's a spring in my step as I turn to walk out the door. I see Sam as she comes the other way. She's into all that crystal healing junk, to be honest that pseudo scientific crap gets on my nerves. But aside from that she seems quite studious. I nod to her politely and step around her trying not to run to my room.

No sooner am I in than do I strip off quickly and drop my dirty night clothes on my unmade bed and grab a towel to wrap around me. Normally I'd strip off in the bathroom but I really don't have time right now. So I'll have to step out with just a towel wrapped around me. I dashed out of the room with my shower bag in hand and almost walked right into Nadia? was it something like that anyway, "Sorry" I smiled apologetically at her not noticing as I did so that the top of my towel slipped down giving her just a hint of my cleavage as I dashed past into the shower.

turning on Nadia and marking XP for doing so.
[08:19] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[08:19] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7+2 = 9

I must've had the quickest shower on record. Normally I like to linger and enjoy a long hot one but there obviously wasn't going to be time for that today. So I had to settle for a quick in and out and then dry myself off with the towel before dashing back to my room to change. I dropped the wet towel on the floor and opened up my wardrobe. I didn't have a lot of clean stuff left today was supposed to be laundry day but that'll have to be put off as I'm not blowing a chance to go out with Melody to stay in and do laundry. Still I grabbed the best of my remaining pairs of jeans and pulled on a t-shirt. I mean we were only going for coffee, it's not like it's anywhere fancy right. Still at least the nice weather we were having meant I didn't need a top. I took a few minutes to comb my hair it's always unmanageable even when it's this short. Still I managed to tame it into something resembling order and set off for the lounge.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up

I try to cover my mouth, but it's too late. I watch as Amanda walks past and part of me wants to apologize but she's already gone and getting ready by the time I think of anything. I move on, given that no one seems to be dwelling on it either way. "Oh, wonderful! I haven't had the chance to eat there yet, been too busy with all the events around campus. Were you planning on inviting anyone else?"

I quickly check to make sure I have everything I need in my purse, including a bit of sunscreen if this turns into anything longer than breakfast. I smile as I see Seyah at least trying to fit in, given the invite from Melody, and getting on something a little more classy.Then I see Amanda putting not so much effort into it, and decide to shut my mouth about that. This isn't high school anymore, and I can't go around being a stuck up bitch all the time. I might need these people at some point, they're who I live with. "If we're not waiting for anyone else, I'd say we're ready to go."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Melody Skye-Edgars

Samantha shows up in the main room too - this is getting silly - asking if she missed some orientation thing. "Uhh, no, this is a Melody thing." I answer her, half smiling in a mostly sarcastic way . Something about that girl weirds me out - I don't like her, even if Kat seems to. Kat can be much too friendly to the riff-raff sometimes. Amanda's smart, Samantha's just strange.

Tori thinks it's time to go, now that we're all here, and I agree with her. "Sounds good to me." I had been getting impatient, waiting on everyone else to get ready. Worth it, I guess - still no idea why they don't get ready first thing in the morning, though. Do they want people to see them looking like wrecks? Wrecks with cute bed-heads and pajamas, but wrecks nonetheless?

Well, it's a somewhat motleyer crew than I'd like, but it's not so bad. As long as Sayeh doesn't act like a weirdo and Tori and Amanda managed to get alone, we should be fine.

"If everyone's ready, I'll lead the way." Of course I will, I'm a natural leader.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions:

That had the effect I thought it would have on Melody, nothing. She was going to be a tough nut to crack with all of the attention she expected and she demanded. With the incident under my belt I had to try to fit in more. It might be strategically viable to do right now.

If I become the cute Persian girl of the group I will have won an in. I wasn't expecting much in that way but it was an in. Tori was there as normal giving quips and beating on Amanda.

"Tori is right we should go, after all Tori looks positively famished." I say with a slight grin on my lips. It was rather a nice double entrèndre that I would keep to myself.

I followed behind Melody... For now.

"Ready when you are Melody!" I said in a sweet voice.

Shutting down Tori for making fun of Amanda
<Axphone> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Axphone, 7+1 = 8
Giving Tori condition: predator

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 16, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator

In my head, I go back to try to figure out what Seyah is going for. Does she -know-? It isn't like I've eaten in front of her. I narrow my eyes for a moment at her. Well, she's -definitely- not one of my kind, but I guess she could see the signs. "It's true, Seyah gets me. A little bitchy when I haven't had a good meal."

Seyah also gets Predator.

I slip right beside Seyah, hooking my arm into hers without much of a second thought, pulling her in closely. Not so much because of her, but because she wanted to be beside Melody without crowding her. These are things that girl entourages do, right? We've just got to fit in, then it'll be Sally who gets to be the bitchiest girl on this floor. Eye on the prize, Tori. "We're more than ready."

Turn on Seyah.
[03:11.22] <Ferrosol> totally turning people on with my pink bunny slippers
[03:11.39] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[03:11.40] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+2 = 9
Marking XP.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost

I start to answer her before I hear them invite someone else to go. ...Amanda! Really! They invite Amanda!? She's not even one in their stupid rich girl clique. And they still haven't said a word to us! Geez, they don't have to invite us, but they could at least acknowledge us. We're standing in the same room as them, and they're just ignoring us.

I'm staring at them, willing them to notice me, but I know it's not going to work. People like them just don't notice me. Ever since that stupid hit and run driver (who was probably a rich snob JUST LIKE THEM who had mommy and daddy just GIVE THEM a car AND THEN THEY HIT ME AND HURT ME AND IGNORED ME AND LEFT ME TO DIE BECAUSE IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH TROUBLE TO HELP ME!) didn't see me, people just ignore me.

Well, FINE! I didn't want to go with them anyway. I walk past them while they're still getting ready while I tell Nadia, "They've always got- Um. I think they've got pancakes at the Cafe before classes start. Should be pretty good, huh?"

I'm halfway out the door when I realize I was lost in my own little world and didn't answer her question. Oops.

Blaming Stuck Up Tori: 2d6+2 5

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern

Oh man Mandy with those goofy slippers. I thought this was college why does everyone still bother with jammies. Next thing I know they'll have a pajama party like a bunch of children. Though I like how dorky they are. When she bumped into me chest first I had a huge brain fart. I normally don't stand for that poo poo but I just ended up staring slack jawed again. Something in the air definitely. (1 string on Nadia)
I barely notice Lenny leave ahead of me. "Huh? Yeah just let me grab my phone!" I rush back to my room to grab the thing. An iphone 6, I keep it in one of those arm pouches since I usually don't wear anything with pockets. I snatch up my bluetooth headphones too I don't know how long I'm gonna be out. I run out to catch up with Lenny. I don't see her right away so I start heading to the cafeteria. "Hey don't leave me behind!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Predator

What! This wasn't according to plan. I felt her arm grab mine and I pushed against her. It felt nice, way too nice. This was not what I expected, but I felt myself blush, she was very pretty and very tall. I felt very small next to her even though I was most likely only a foot at most shorter. I intertwined my arm with her and hung next to her. This was a good idea for many reasons, first I can smell her hair, this was important. I don't remember why it was important but it was delightful, along with the hint of perfume. I thought we looked awesome together, and maybe everyone thought so. I remember though I had to do something with Kat, and Tori looked very distracted.

This wasn't right stop day dreaming gotta focus on, the plan. The plan was important, a web, a pretty web, almost as pretty as Tori's le- I mean what is wrong with me right now. I blushed deeply and smooshed into Tori. I imagined that only being 5'0" I looked rather much like an oddball next to her, but I didn't care.

Gotta think say something! God, get your head together, on the web, off the rather lovel- lets not go down this road okay.

"Hey Tori, um-" Yes talking is good not being awkward is good, this is good, I thought. "Thanksforbeingmyroommate. Sorry for the you know... thing." I said and looked down toward the floor bright red. "But we should get going food, I'm hungry- too." I said once again cryptically, still hanging on to Tori.

Turning on Tori by being adorbs
<Axphone> !roll 2d6+0
<Krysmbot> Axphone, 8+0 = 8

Giving Tori what Seyah thinks she wants, being a good roomie :ohdear:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 17, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lenora

You don't get ten feet out the door when you hear what can only be the most bone-chilling sound you've ever heard, and it's not the first time you've heard it. The screech of tires, the laying on of the horn, and the flash of headlights heralds the sudden appearance of a car, directly outside the dorm! It seems to swerve to avoid you but it isn't going to be able to! You try to dodge out of the way, but this was it, you knew it was!

...And then as you look up, there is nothing. This isn't the first time this has happened - the sudden appearance of that car. What's the worst time it's happened (besides the first)? And what do you think it means?

Nadia

As you run to catch up, you almost miss the sight of Lenora, huddled in the corner outside the dorm as if she had just seen, well, a ghost. Mammon perks up at the edge of your consciousness, seemingly suddenly interested in something about her. Do you think it's a passing fancy, or does he ask you to do something? Is this sort of behavior unusual for him?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Lenora Mills, the Ghost

I'm still fuming by the time I get outside. I'm half way across the street before I realize that I left Nadia behind. I turn around to apologize and IT'S BACK! THE CAR IS BACK! IT WANTS TO FINISH THE JOB! OH GOD, NO I DON'T WANT TO DIE! Next thing I know, I'm on the street, bleeding to death while I hear the car's blaring music fade into the distance. I try and cry out for someone, anyone, but I think my broken ribs punctured my lung. I can feel my mouth filling up with blood, and I start to choke an-

When I come back to myself, I'm huddled next to the dorm, crying. I look up and see Nadia looking down at me. Of course, now she's gotta think I'm some sort of psycho bipolar freak. God, why does this keep happening. At least this time it went away. Last year, it spend an entire night circling the dorm honking the horn and blaring the radio. No one else could hear it, of course, so I just looked like I was crazy when I was covering my ears.

I look up at her and try and come up with a lie to explain what happened, but I just look back to the street and back towards the stupid rich girls still inside. I can't think of anything to say, so I just bury my head in my arms and try to disappear. Why can I actually do it when I WANT to?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern
xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

I spot Lenny out of the corner of my eye. She's fetal in a corner, the gently caress happened? I ran over to help her. But I was a little nervous. I mean like, someone just freaking out? Anyone wonders if they're gonna just 'go off.' Still she seems cool and I'm not some heartless oval office so I kneel down next to her. That was when the bran throbbed. Yeah I get butt hurt whenever Mammon is trying to ping me. Bluh. But the thing was, he didn't say anything. He was just... watching? The gently caress? He's never done that before. I felt like I had some guy breathing down my shoulder. I didn't want to ask him about it though. I'm sure Lenny doesn't need to see me talking to my imaginary friend now.
I still touch the brand though. It's a fringe benefit of this set up. I can tap into some hoobity whatever magic poo poo it's involved in and can see poo poo. At least I think it's just a by product. Maybe this is how asking Mammon for advice works? I figure he'd try to squeeze something out of me if I ask normal.

How do I help Lenora?
Gaze into the Abyss 12
Visions are clear and lucid, carry 1 forward trying to do the thing

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 17, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Samantha Hunter
Hot -1 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Oh, silly me." Bitch. Oooo, a 'Melody thing' la de loving da aren't you special? I return the smile without any of the genuineity Melody's might have had, leaving it ice cold. "I should have realized it was just the rich girls plus hangers on in here. Don't let me keep you from your 'Melody thing'." It wasn't like I'd want to be part of a group that included weirdos and dweebs like Seyah and Amanda. Still, what happened to her stupid oh Samantha be my friend I have so much loving money and fame gig? I turn and stalk towards the door, planning on going outside to stretch my legs and work off some of my irritation. Trust a rich bitch like Melody to start the day off bad.

Shut down Melody, marking exp for cold
[20:51:46] <godfish> !r 2d6+1
[20:51:47] <Krysmbot> godfish, 10+1 = 11
I'll give Melody the condition Dear Leader

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Tori Huntsman
XP: 2/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Stuck Up, Predator

I look at the smaller girl as she pulls in closer. That predatory thing comes off a little, but it's a different kind of instinct. I give a genuine smile as I pull her in again, getting more of a whispering tone as we keep moving. "Don't worry, I know you didn't mean to." I'm not entirely sure I mean that, but it's what she wants to hear. She doesn't want to be strange, she just wants to fit in until she has what she wants. I can respect that, just because I have plenty of practice with this. Maybe she didn't? Still, given how cute she is, I can work with this. She might not be sorority material but at least she'll get what she wants.

Tori gives Seyah what she wants: someone to help her fit in.

I speak up just loud enough for Melody and Seyah to hear me, trying not to gather more negative attention from my personal preferences. "This place isn't -vegan-, is it?"

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nadia

As you feel Mammon's fingers tighten around your mind, everything except Lenora blurs and the world seems to stretch far away. As if a single spotlight (or more likely a car's headlights) was suddenly turned on, you can see Lenora sits in the middle of a road, and that up ahead, there are two forks and a straight path, each leading in different directions.

For now, it looks like Lenora is staying on the middle path - which was a gentle slope, but as Mammon pulls ever tighter on your mind, your focus zooms out and you can see that the road loops back precisely to where she is laying now after only a brief while. Like a hamster running on a wheel, she is stuck.

The other paths are twisting and turning. One leads up, over a hill and, as far as you can tell - into the clouds. But it is covered in brambles, broken down cars, spike strips, and other obstacles. Nevertheless, from the roadmap you suddenly find yourself holding, the path traced out leads down that road.

The other path doesn't change in elevation, really, but shoots off to the left until it meets with the horizon. There's only one side of the road - and it's the wrong way. Things should only come down that way to where Lenora and you are standing, yet you get the sense Lenora might be able to drive the wrong way down the road if she only found the appropriate vehicle.

The headlights shut off suddenly, and you're plunged into darkness. You feel Mammon's claws relax their grip somewhat, and your perceptions re-align to the world again, back to Lenora's fearful blank stare and the real world.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Nadia Fern
xp 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions

I rubbed my temples. Need to be specific with Mammon. Or else I get some vague bullshit like this about how this girls' life is at a crossroads. Yeah no poo poo we're all at the part where we decide where we're going. Looks like she's stuck in a rut though. That sucks and all but I don't think I can do much with that right now. Still though I gotta do something. Maybe the pressure of her future hinging on this education sunk in and she had a nervous breakdown? I'd figure that from Mandy if from any of us. Whatever, I hate to see her like this. Without really thinking I just pulled her into a hug. Bluh I probably looked stupid. "Hey it's cool. Don't sweat it. Hey we should do something special for our last day off, yeah? We can have bland rear end school food for the rest of the year."

Turn on Lenora 8 (9?)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Seyah Hakimi
XP: 1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Predator

Oh wow, Tori was being nice to her! This was amazing! This wasn't part of my plan at all, but as I clung to the Tori, I felt a bit safer. "Thanks Tori. I mean it." I said somewhat honestly. I shouldn't be honest, this was all wrong, I decided to hang out with Tori, she was my roommate! I should be keeping distanc- Oh she is squeezing me! That felt nice. What was I talking about again? Something web, oh yes! My web, I need to get Kat in my web, and also Tori. Maybe she can be my boost to get everything I want, and maybe like me. What I am saying? Why do I want her to like me.

I think the problem at this juncture is that I don't have enough friends and Tori being a friend would be good. Yes, lets rationalize this. Why am I blushing? I'm blushing aren't I. This isn't all that I practiced. I wanted to be the bubbly sweet girl, not the super nice girl, it is okay I can work with this I can work with this.

"I don't think The Diner is vegan, I hope not. I've actually never gone in there." Hummus and pita was nice, but I needed some food. This was the last day to make friends, if I didn't today, it would be all ruined and I would have to glower at the back of the room as the weird kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Amanda Ross
Hot: 2x Cold: -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP: 1+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Poor Taste, Yours Truly.

Wow, I'm actually going out with Melody not like on a date or anything but it's a start. I mean I didn't think she even knew who I am so this is a major step up. Gawd though what the hell was wrong with Samantha. Maybe she's just not a morning person? I can kind of understand that I don't wake up either till after my second cup of coffee. I'm still kind of tempted to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. It looks like Seyah and Tori are getting awfully close together and I haven't quite worked up the courage to talk to Melody yet. Still maybe if I help sort out whatever the problem is between her and Samantha I'll get her to notice me more. Show her that I'm more than just some nerd who is good at chemistry. Now what was the cause of Sam's beef with Melody?

[16:51] Ferrosol gazing
[16:51] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[16:51] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+1 = 6
[16:51] Ferrosol so close
[16:51] Ferrosol yet so far

Oh well marking XP for it anyway.

• Locked thread