Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:quig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny 290 posted:

Drones

not even joking

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/62242862
starts couple mins in. i talk at 1:01:50 and wind up the net control about Google drones

ah, the latest tool to get the best creepshots

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

like you would know

i did labor for years before i realised working with your brains not your hands is the key to a) more money so b) work less so c) more family and leisure time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*does labour*

*is poor and has higher rataes of mental illness, substance abuse*

*dies earlier*

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

i openly reddit now and if the hamthread ever gets fyaded up badly imma just ban and start fulltiming /r/amateurradio

i'm teachin like five dudes a day new poo poo there, i love it

:ughh:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Just Do It (Labor)

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

i openly reddit now and if the hamthread ever gets fyaded up badly imma just ban and start fulltiming /r/amateurradio

i'm teachin like five dudes a day new poo poo there, i love it

I've seen ur posts there

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

i did labor for years before i realised working with your brains not your hands is the key to a) more money so b) work less so c) more family and leisure time

i worked for my brains for years before i realized Doing Labor is the key to a) a better society b) personal satisfaction c) a worthwhile existence

how you came to the wrong conclusions isn't surprising, really

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
reddit is good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chanpop:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

reddit? more like blueddit

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Stymie posted:

i worked for my brains for years before i realized Doing Labor is the key to a) a better society b) personal satisfaction c) a worthwhile existence

talk to me after you 'Do Labor' for 25 years

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

reddit? more like shreddit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

god its fuckin arrogant to assume your experience is the correct one. guess what im happier working in a more intelligent envorinoment, with nicer people, doing less days work, for the same money, and spending more time with my kids. only a moron would claim that my personal experience is "wrong"

never mind how fuckin hypocritcal you are, denigrating people who work on computers but spending all day posting on a forum (written by people coding) about computers and also playing computer games

how do you feel about john nobody, comes from a poor home, works labour every day since its the only job he can do. he can't afford a house, his wife works a different but similar job. their kids are ok.. they go to school. little john wants needs some new shoes but they just dont have the money yet. will they ever take that road trip to see california? not for a very long time, they're still paying off fixing the transmission in their car. john doesnt sleep well, he has a lot of financial stress in his life, he thinks he might have bowel cancer because of the pain in his gut but he can barely afford to see a doctor, let alone any of the treatment if his fears turn out to be true

someone comes a long and offers john a job, in a office than offers ehating in the winter, for more money... i guess he shouldnt take it though right?

gently caress you stymie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PuTTY riot posted:

talk to me after you 'Do Labor' for 25 years

there is a good reason why things like poverty and manual labour and alcoholism/substance abuse are all found together, and its not just because substance abuse is agghressively marketed at the manual labour parrt of the popoulation

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
lol sweet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dont get me wrong. i dont think manual labour is bad, and it should certainly pay better, i mean its work that has to be done and disrespecting someone because they work manual labour isntead of something else is hosed up and not what i am about

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

gently caress you stymie

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

uh stuff i didnt read

gently caress you stymie

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

dont get me wrong. i dont think manual labour is bad, and it should certainly pay better, i mean its work that has to be done and disrespecting someone because they work manual labour isntead of something else is hosed up and not what i am about

lol keep on backpedaling

you decided you liked to be a leech on society better than being a Worker and now you're trying to justify yourself

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

how do you feel about john nobody, comes from a poor home, works labour every day since its the only job he can do. he can't afford a house, his wife works a different but similar job. their kids are ok.. they go to school. little john wants needs some new shoes but they just dont have the money yet. will they ever take that road trip to see california? not for a very long time, they're still paying off fixing the transmission in their car. john doesnt sleep well, he has a lot of financial stress in his life, he thinks he might have bowel cancer because of the pain in his gut but he can barely afford to see a doctor, let alone any of the treatment if his fears turn out to be true

someone comes a long and offers john a job, in a office than offers ehating in the winter, for more money... i guess he shouldnt take it though right?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

echinopsis posted:

*does labour*

*is poor and has higher rataes of mental illness, substance abuse*

*dies earlier*
/

pram
Jun 10, 2001
gas too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i thought you had my back man

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u did this to yourself by flagrant stymie quoting

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram posted:

u did this to yourself by flagrant stymie quoting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't deal in hypotheticals, and adding anecdotes doesn't make them anything but

seeking remedies for your living situation outside of one's Union is tantamount to being a scab and therefore worthy of nothing but contempt

pram
Jun 10, 2001
dont sign your posts

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Gass

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

echinopsis posted:

r/gonewildcurvy
:eyepop:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

pram posted:

gas too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

i don't deal in hypotheticals, and adding anecdotes doesn't make them anything but

seeking remedies for your living situation outside of one's Union is tantamount to being a scab and therefore worthy of nothing but contempt

lmao this is why your mission, principles and everything you stand for will be derided and fail forever. no one wants what youre offering and insulting those who dont do what you consider worthwhile just makes you hated more. enjoy yourself, no one else will

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

maybe if we all were like ok, let's get rid of money.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echinopsis posted:

lmao this is why your mission, principles and everything you stand for will be derided and fail forever. no one wants what youre offering and insulting those who dont do what you consider worthwhile just makes you hated more. enjoy yourself, no one else will

cool thanks for confirming that you're an anti-Worker piece of poo poo

"johnny" would have been better off becoming a literal murderer, because that would require some skill, effort and possibly confronting those whose throats he was cutting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
johnny shoulda kept being poor and financially stressed huh? glad to see youre anti human

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I'm still not sure what "labour" is

is not all energy expenditure labour?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
labour is working for a small wage, and enriching your employers. some labour is doing things like : building large offices for brain workers to work in comfortably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we dont have labour in scotland anymore

• Locked thread