Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aug 4, 2010

streets of rage was very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
WHAT HAPPENED TO MEAT LOAF IT DIDN'T EVEN GET TO THE PHIL RIZZUTO PART OF THE SONG

e: I GOT SUNSHINE

enziarro fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 16, 2015

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i am fighting boss in ps1 game

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

the mortal combat theme if it was preformed by yoshi

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

That's weird, I'm only hearing the bassline, percussion and choir from this Ghostbusters track.

e: still a drat cool bassline though

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 16, 2015

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
I got the Raspberry Pi in so I can start doing stuff.
Also got comments working.

Don't know if I should leave the re-queue thing as is or put it back to how it was.

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 17, 2015

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
wtf are midis?

mini discs?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

:gaz: Voyetra SAPI(Packard Bell WIN 3.1) :gaz: is the best

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In a battle between me and my housemate to annoy each other with whatever MIDI we could come up with, we errr appear to have crashed the Voyetra to the point where it's held a note down permanently. We're very sorry.

I refuse to kill the stream though, because that would mean he has won. And I'm not sitting through 3 iterations of the same Philip Glass track in a row to lose like that.

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001
Yep, sticky the bastard.

This is more fun than 10 years ago when we used to goon rush cock knockers.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

EL BROMANCE posted:

In a battle between me and my housemate to annoy each other with whatever MIDI we could come up with, we errr appear to have crashed the Voyetra to the point where it's held a note down permanently. We're very sorry.

I refuse to kill the stream though, because that would mean he has won. And I'm not sitting through 3 iterations of the same Philip Glass track in a row to lose like that.

Don't feel too bad. It's only as reliable as the software from 1991 playing back the files.
I found a watchdog TSR. In theory if it gets stuck on a single song for 15 minutes it will reboot and start up again. I think it is working.

While I could do something a bit more sane and move the experiment to Linux, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it on DOS.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

BobbyThompson posted:

Yep, sticky the bastard.

This is more fun than 10 years ago when we used to goon rush cock knockers.

Feel weird asking for my own sticky. :coffeepal:

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Sorry for the super long outage. Some groundwork is in to support other file formats. Had to find a newer version of curl that supports -J. Also recoded the qbasic script entirely. A2M is working. If I can find a .MOD or .IT player that quits when it finishes playing I can add support now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a gimmick player, but you should be able to find a copy of grind.exe that I believe quits on exit for MOD (I don't think it supports anything else).

From memory you load a file in with a suffix on the command line, which should suit you, it then plays the song (while monochromatic people from MTVs The Grind, presumably, dance 'in time') and quits back to command. It's been a long time since I've used it mind...

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
This is cool, thank you.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Wasted an hour at work on this, it is a good thing.

Trip report: got Rickrolled and yakity saxed. :dance:

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Changed the queue behavior, alternates pulling from the top and bottom.
Also giving up, ordering a (rather expensive) new older sound card that doesn't default to plug-n-play, the newer old cards I have are having issues with some of the OPL mod trackers.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

This is awesome, thanks for putting this up. It's amazing how well some of the songs up there work

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

inokichi posted:

This is awesome, thanks for putting this up. It's amazing how well some of the songs up there work

Yeah some are definitely better than others. Lovin' the ones with good bass lines. Holy Wars kicks rear end (sorry about constantly requeuing it.)

edit: this mission impossible one is p good too.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im not much for OG synths but love the samplers
got an akai s2800 and an emu e6400 in the back

nice setup amigo

you'd fit in over in yospos

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

While I could do something a bit more sane and move the experiment to Linux, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it on DOS.

What type of DOS?
For extra points, move it to some type of open source, bug free DOS. (I do believe there is an open source, 100% compatible DOS)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jonny 290 posted:

im not much for OG synths but love the samplers
got an akai s2800 and an emu e6400 in the back

nice setup amigo

you'd fit in over in yospos

I heard yospos was gay, c/d?

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

glowing-fish posted:

What type of DOS?
For extra points, move it to some type of open source, bug free DOS. (I do believe there is an open source, 100% compatible DOS)

Dos 7.1 that ships with 98.
FreeDos exists, but not sure that it is really 100% compatible? But it does good stuff that would be nice to have.

A lot of problems can be solved if I can just find the right chain of poo poo to string together to make this work, though it's being a batshit insane uphill struggle.

Hilariously today it stopped working because my home internet cut out. The 486 recovered, the iMac dropped from the wireless.

Prof. Faggot
May 4, 2006

Working intently on advanced Faggo-dynamics

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Sorry for the super long outage. Some groundwork is in to support other file formats. Had to find a newer version of curl that supports -J. Also recoded the qbasic script entirely. A2M is working. If I can find a .MOD or .IT player that quits when it finishes playing I can add support now.

Nice, I was all about A2M in the 90s.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

Prof. human being posted:

Nice, I was all about A2M in the 90s.

THAT is actually broken. Ad-lib Tracker II doesn't work due to a flaky sound card, found some other program, it doesn't play 90% of A2M files, and it will work exactly once, before hanging the system.
I have a different card coming in that will hopefully work - at least I hope it's the card.

A2M sounds amazing and I can't wait to get it working.
https://diodemilliampere.bandcamp.com/album/ymf262
http://www.adlibtracker.net/downloads.php

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Ahahaha jesus christ, bugs.

That site is getting like 200 unique queues a day from different IPs.
But the shoutcast server only ever has a listener here and there.

66.249.64.138....not once has listened to the actual stream but they queued 20 songs today.
who the hell...
138.64.249.66.in-addr.arpa name = crawl-66-249-64-138.googlebot.com.
oh.

Google has been indexing the site quite hilariously, since the site is MOSTLY written with HTML that would have worked 15 years ago. It's trying to index the re-queue links.

I'm debating weather or not to set up a robots.txt to stop it from doing that. It's kind of nice to have a random play feature that I didn't have to code.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
kinda getting sick of ff7 and mario kart you fuckin nerds

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
anime music now. god damnit goons.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Interlude on "can't touch this" is pure gold, this rocks

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
it sounds :spooky:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
awwww yusss "Cars" by gary numan sounds dope as gently caress

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
the drums this chip makes are amazing, my god

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Warning: the Home Improvement midi will NOT live up to your expectations.

Also: this is an incredible project and you are a hero.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Can't Touch This midi owns, as do you, op!

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

ashgromnies posted:

anime music now. god damnit goons.

It's loving google desperately trying to index the site. Google is a weeaboo.
143.64.249.66.in-addr.arpa name = crawl-66-249-64-143.googlebot.com.

sqlite> update queue set playtime=strftime("%s","NOW") where srcip='66.249.64.143';
sqlite> update queue set playtime=strftime("%s","NOW") where srcip='66.249.64.138';

Does anyone know how robots.txt works and doesn't mind a PM?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
megadeth sounds better in midi format imvmho

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

This thread makes me sad that I've thrown out any of my old hardware over the years :smith:

I did find my old AWE 64 Gold though, that thing still has an OPL fm chip in it :unsmith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Just violently masturbating myself into unconsciousness at 3:06.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
I kinda liked the Yamaha XG based cards that came out like I dunno very late 90s-2005
Not retro enough to be :coal: though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

It's loving google desperately trying to index the site. Google is a weeaboo.
143.64.249.66.in-addr.arpa name = crawl-66-249-64-143.googlebot.com.

sqlite> update queue set playtime=strftime("%s","NOW") where srcip='66.249.64.143';
sqlite> update queue set playtime=strftime("%s","NOW") where srcip='66.249.64.138';

Does anyone know how robots.txt works and doesn't mind a PM?

http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

• Locked thread