Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Probably the closest I've come is when I went to my cousin's wedding. The MC was a friend of hers and was the focus of all this. We were all from out of town, so we were all staying in the same hotel and we kind of ran into each other and spent some time there. I got maybe a little jolt when we met and she just gave me a little smile. We went walking together a few times, and talked, and it just kind of got worse. There was one night where I just cried for like half an hour, not because I was sad or anything, but because I was just so overwhelmed I didn't really know what else to do with all that emotion. During the wedding reception I went out and danced with her for a while. I do not dance, but I did then. I couldn't bring myself to tell her until I was at the airport for my flight home, but I called and told her. I even almost felt my knees give out while I was doing it.

It was a week until I heard back, and it gave me a little time to think. Something she had said had given me the impression that she had a child from someone. I had never even thought about being a father figure before, but I was ready to try and make it work. Yes, I'm in one of the southwestern most states and she's in one of the northern most ones. I didn't care, I'd move. That week was probably the single happiest week I've ever had in my entire life, and I've never felt that way before or since, nor have I really felt that way about anyone else. I don't know when I figured out it was true, or even if it was, but there it is.

Anyway, she called back and we got to talking, and over a few different conversations I got that she liked me too, but we're like half a country apart and besides she's in the middle of moving in with her current boyfriend.

Oh. Oh, good, alright then.

It still took me six months before I removed her contact information from my phone.

FTGE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread