Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just play it with the kinect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm nearly done with my replay that was SUPPOSED to be everyone possible alive, but I got to Henselt, heard the squeaky hinge line, and couldn't help myself, because gently caress that guy. If that's fine, I could upload it later today when I get around to doing the last quest or two.

Would you be so kind to make another save if you kill Letho with henselt dead in roche path? Pretty pleaseee?? It is just a quick fight!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Would you be so kind to make another save if you kill Letho with henselt dead in roche path? Pretty pleaseee?? It is just a quick fight!

Eh, sure, why not. Don't see why anyone would specifically want a save with someone dead, since that pretty much just means it will have no impact at all in W3, but it's not too much work to get it.

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
For those looking for save games to import, someone on the CDProjekt forums has posted all his save files: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-%28SPOILERS%29The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files I think he's removed the tattoo in all of them, but you can double-check by loading up a save from the Act III list.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My friend is telling me the pc version looks worse than ps4 even with PC on ultra and now I am super depressed.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Is the PR guy still here saying the game hasn't been downgraded?

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Technik-Test-1158845/galerie/2373208/

LOL

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Looks good to me if you click next once.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Every other picture in the gallery looks loving amazing, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Rukus posted:

For those looking for save games to import, someone on the CDProjekt forums has posted all his save files: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-%28SPOILERS%29The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files I think he's removed the tattoo in all of them, but you can double-check by loading up a save from the Act III list.

Yeah, that's in the OP, but The People demand Tattoo Saves as part of The One True Path.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

LOL

You're a dumbass.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

1stGear posted:

Every other picture in the gallery looks loving amazing, I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's interesting because I've been hopping various streams of leaks/watching preview footage, and all the PC ones have said they are playing on "full Ultra".

Half look drop dead loving gorgeous, easily on par with the trailers/early game footage. Those linked screenshots for example look great.

The other half looks about on par with the various console streams, which doesn't look nearly as good. While faces/things upfront look good, there's basically no depth of field, and even basic textures are a real bummer to look at.

I wonder if there's a texture streaming bug in the PC version, or if the day 1 patch includes in a whole bunch of graphic options those people don't have available to them. Or if a whole bunch of people have been lying through their teeth about what they are playing the game on, and the difference between even High/Ultra is severe. Or if it's just another case of "Everyone who owns an AMD card gets hosed, wait two months for us to fix your problems/for AMD to put out new drivers. :smith:"

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know of a good decision tree of important items from Witcher 2? Thinking of playing through it this weekend to build a save for 3 and figure I'll try and make sure I hit all the high points.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

nessin posted:

Anyone know of a good decision tree of important items from Witcher 2? Thinking of playing through it this weekend to build a save for 3 and figure I'll try and make sure I hit all the high points.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=witcher+2+decision+tree

</passive aggressive posting>

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Archimago posted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzrCC9Udy84jZGNRSkpRUW9VdXM/view?usp=sharing

-TATTOO PRESENT :siren:
-Scoi'atel Path in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Adda's Curse Lifted in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Aryan Alive
-Iorveth's Path
-Saved girls, Loredo lives (but iirc it's heavily implied he dies later, or runs away into exile?)
-Stennis Alive
-Saskia Alive, but still mind-controlled. Have the quest item dagger (which also means helped keep Iorveth alive when he was on that cart or whatever)
-Saved Triss in Act 3 (all dem Nilfgaardians be dead)
-No Mage blood bath in city afterwards
-Sile Spared
-Letho Spared
-Operator defeated, have his staff
-Completed on Dark, have the dark items (probably doesn't matter)
-Birdman Harpy quest completed (hopefully matters)
-All sidequests completed (it's possible I missed the special armor you get from following the quest you get from the destroyed boat, I can't remember if that was this playthrough or the other one. Probably not important anyway)
-All Trolls spared (I am not a monster, dammit!)

That's all the highlights I can think of. If I failed to mention something important feel free to ask and I can probably remember or load the game up to figure out.

.zip includes two .sav files and their .bmp thumbnails, which I doubt you actually need but threw it in there anyway.

AutoSave_0313.sav is the one you want for import. ManualSave_0312.sav is right outside the door to talk to Letho, so you can load the game up and verify tattoo is there, go through that Letho infodump, or look at inventory/questlog/whatever.

Hope it is of some use to people without save files but who made all the Right Choices. :smug:

Thanks for this, that's my exact save but with the tattoo which I got rid of at some point :argh:

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Drifter posted:

I mean, isn't it purely preference? For me, I'll always like it better on kb/m.

What a strange question.

Well, as an example, Dragon Age Inquisition has a pretty bad KB/M UI at launch, so the general recommendation was to use Gamepad instead. Skyrim's launch UI also works a lot better on Gamepad as well, so until SkyUI came out it was likely better to play with Gamepad there also.

That's all I'm asking about. It's something worth questioning in these days of simultaneous PC/Console releases.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hopefully that one goon who made the save editor for Dragon Age and Mass Effect and rain down a Witcher save editor upon us.

Edit: I've done one playthrough on keyboard and I'm doing another almost done playthrough on pad for witcher 2. I like the pad better.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Brackhar posted:

Well, as an example, Dragon Age Inquisition has a pretty bad KB/M UI at launch, so the general recommendation was to use Gamepad instead. Skyrim's launch UI also works a lot better on Gamepad as well, so until SkyUI came out it was likely better to play with Gamepad there also.

That's all I'm asking about. It's something worth questioning in these days of simultaneous PC/Console releases.

I had no trouble with DAInq's kb/m control scheme. it's what I used and felt it was very fine. Same with Skyrim's. The only games I think I liked better with a controller were Dark Souls and Alpha Protocol. Honestly, just wait and see what you prefer.

Witcher 2 works well now, so I'm reasonably comfortable thinking they've made necessary alterations to make W3 not poo poo right off the bat.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 16, 2015

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

Brackhar posted:

Yeah it's not a strange question at all, some games have incredibly bad KBM controls.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

W2:

I thought I'd go back to my old save and amend my decision to kill the assassin at the end, only for whatever reason, I can't talk to him. the prompt comes up, i hit left click, and nothing happens. Prompt disappears and that's it.

Any ideas of the cause and how I could fix it?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

It's a weird question because none of us have played it.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I'm pretty sure Comte said he preferred a controller, but even if that's the case, YMMV.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

ULTRA

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

gonna have to try harder than that, homeboy

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Honestly that screenshot does look terrible.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

needs to go in op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.

cheesetriangles posted:

It's clearly the youtube compression :smugbird:

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Other than the fact that the sky is really orange and the roof thatching doesn't look all that great, what's wrong with it?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

:cripes:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Roshnak posted:

Other than the fact that the sky is really orange and the roof thatching doesn't look all that great, what's wrong with it?

Foliage looks pretty flat. Lacks shadow.

Do like that the little tree in the background bends with the wind, though.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

yes you just posted that?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Witcher 3: Now on Ouya!

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Archimago posted:

Iorveth Path

Since you posted the Iorveth Path, I'll post my Roche path I rushed through on easy to have a save for Tuesday.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WB1QjPp2CXdmhFdDRSclF4RnM/view?usp=sharing

Witcher 1: If it matters
Adda Alive, Vincent Alive, Thaler Alive, Neutral, Sigfried Dead, Fought Wild Hunt for Jacques Soul

Witcher 2

All sidequests/contracts finished. Best weapons equipped.

Newboy alive, medallion curse removed
Aryan Alive
TATTOO IS NOT REMOVED
Roche Path
Henselt Lives
Saved Annis, she's with John Natalis
Sile Alive
Dragon/Saskia Dead
Letho Alive

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 16, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

Well, they've said Saskia and Iorveth aren't in this game.

Where did they say that?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It's really impressive how far they've come.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

cheesetriangles posted:

It looks like some terrible fat finger screenshot when you reach for the Mountain Dew and Doritos while accidentally knocking your keyboard off your desk.

Seriously though, the foliage doesn't look great to me and the guy on the right looks like he probably isn't mocap but the tessellation is absolutely fantastic.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It does look better than The Witcher 2, at least. I'll wait till release before I cry downgrade or whatever, but hopefully CDPR isn't just bullshitting whenever they cite YouTube compression or old builds as the reason for some bad looking screens.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
That particular screenshot looks worse than TW2 actually, which is why I'm not putting that much stock into it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was skeptical that they could make a open world game this giant and keep the charm, but from videos and stuff it seems like they did. I guess I'm gonna start witching things next week, and not stop until nothing is left unwitched.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Comte, I've been running through W2 and just removed the curse from the medallion that was Newboy's. I gotta know if Anezka is in W3. She is a pretty rad witch/sorceress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Broose posted:

Comte, I've been running through W2 and just removed the curse from the medallion that was Newboy's. I gotta know if Anezka is in W3. She is a pretty rad witch/sorceress.

I really, really doubt it. She's such a minor character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

So first you posted a link with that screenshot and others but when everyone pointed out that literally every other screenshot from the link looks amazing you pulled the worst one out to completely misrepresent the point.

I get it, you think the graphics are bad or a downgrade or some other garbage. Great, you've made your point. Buy it or not, no one cares but stop constantly posting about it.