Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

RatHat posted:

I really, really doubt it. She's such a minor character.

She's the abagail of W2, only with less playing card action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Abigail was at the center of an entire act's plot.

Personally I hope Count Etcheverry is in The Witcher 3 as an absurdly difficult optional boss fight, but I'm not holding my breath.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know if Dice Poker is returning in Witcher 3?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

iuvian posted:

downgraded

Holy gently caress. Nobody loving cares. Stop posting.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

RatHat posted:

Anyone know if Dice Poker is returning in Witcher 3?

It is not, and it won't be missed. Gwent, on the other hand, looks awesome.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Yea I hated dice poker although the character reactions when you beat people were funny. That one young dwarf in Vergen after you beat him the second time says

"I'm not playing dice with you anymore" and when Geralt tells him not to get mad he gets this pained expression and says "Im not mad I'm just not loving playing with you anymore". :lol:

I hope people get huffy after I whip them in Gwent. Although I'm an idiot so I might be getting whipped to start.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So, screenshots of Witcher 3 on lowest settings. I don't know what we are suppose to take away from this.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Heard this game looks like a ps1 game now. Confirm or Deny?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

So, screenshots of Witcher 3 on lowest settings. I don't know what we are suppose to take away from this.

That he's brain dead.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
It's obviously downgraded I can't believe you guys can't see it, here's a better screenshot without all the PR BS

Disgusting

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

incorporeal posted:

Heard this game looks like a ps1 game now. Confirm or Deny?

Witcher 3 is confirmed for the Amiga and Atari 2600

N-Gage support has been neither confirmed nor denied at this time

urea
Aug 18, 2013

CDPR, You better not have downgraded my game with JPEG artifacts and removed the shadows from my dark cloudy nights! :argh:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress. Nobody loving cares. Stop posting.

Actually we do care.

Here is when an artist says that sharp vegetation looks bad. What's next? 900p on Xbox one isn't noticeable! Come on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

And yes this does have implications. When pc gamers are wondering if they should upgrade for the best experience and they can run it with the best settings with a GTX 570, and it equals a console. Also, I have a choice between my PC and a ps4, chose the pc and was going to bring this into my theater for the effects I saw with in game footage from 2013, now knowing I could have just bought the ps4 version instead. We are all buying it anyway but this is pretty loving stupid.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 16, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Looks great.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
At least they managed to get it on the Virtual Boy without that horrible red everywhere. CDPR deserves props.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Actually it's about ethics in game optimization

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

VarXX posted:

Actually it's about ethics in game optimization

Very correct. Or a purchasing decision on which platform to buy it on.

This happens constantly. But when thousands of people see purchasing 600 dollar video cards based on bullshit that they will get a better experience, that's an issue for me. With the current trend and the common denominator development just buy a console and have the same experience as you would plunking down 1600 for a custom built PC that won't have any advantages, people should be advised to quit wasting money if this is the ultimate outcome from developers without support for hardware that is way more capable.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 16, 2015

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Utnayan posted:

Actually we do care.

Here is when an artist says that sharp vegetation looks bad. What's next? 900p on Xbox one isn't noticeable! Come on.

And yes this does have implications. When pc gamers are wondering if they should upgrade for the best experience and they can run it with the best settings with a GTX 570, and it equals a console. Also, I have a choice between my PC and a ps4, chose the pc and was going to bring this into my theater for the effects I saw with in game footage from 2013, now knowing I could have just bought the ps4 version instead. We are all buying it anyway but this is pretty loving stupid.

If you care, you're an idiot. Hth.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Who the hell paid $600 for a 970. Jesus you got ripped off.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Utnayan posted:

Actually we do care.

What? It looks significantly better on the PC. You're loving delusional if you think otherwise. The PS4 is running at 30FPS and at a graphical fidelity that's very clearly less than the PC version. It doesn't matter to me but if you have the PC to run it or are just a GPU upgrade away then that's something you should consider especially if you don't have a PS4 already.

I honestly don't understand what people are upset about. The game looks great. It looks great on everything but definitely better on high end PCs. Buy it or not, but I'd recommend maybe considering factors other than graphics for getting a game since the dope rear end story telling is easily the best thing about it.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Utnayan posted:

This happens constantly. But when thousands of people see purchasing 600 dollar video cards based on bullshit that they will get a better experience, that's an issue for me. With the current trend and the common denominator development just buy a console and have the same experience as you would plunking down 1600 for a custom built PC that won't have any advantages.

So buy a console then? Who cares

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Utnayan posted:

This happens constantly. But when thousands of people see purchasing 600 dollar video cards based on bullshit that they will get a better experience, that's an issue for me. With the current trend and the common denominator development just buy a console and have the same experience as you would plunking down 1600 for a custom built PC that won't have any advantages.

The PC version is going to look better than the console versions. You're still an idiot.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

please don't respond to the guy who obsessively stalks mmo devs.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
New PC trailer released today. Downgrade is very obvious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqrOf70pc4

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

New PC trailer released today. Downgrade is very obvious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqrOf70pc4

:lol: I love this

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The PC version is going to look better than the console versions. You're still an idiot.

There was a youtube video that showed them side by side and there was literally no difference which sparked this whole mess. It has now been conveniently taken down. Check rerolled.org. Heaven forbid we tell the truth here. Sales will not be impacted my little viral marketing lemmings.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 16, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When I played Witcher 2 on the PC I had a much weaker computer and had to turn everything way down, but it didn't matter since the visual triumph of the game was stuff like costume design which wasn't a property of fancy technology.

edit: and the visual part itself was nothing compared to how interesting the character interactions and quest goals and stuff were.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 16, 2015

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Utnayan posted:

There was a youtube video that showed them side by side and there was literally no difference which sparked this whole mess. It has now been conveniently taken down. Check rerolled.org. Heaven forbid we tell the truth here. Sales will not be impacted my little viral marketing lemmings.

Even the people on rerolled.org are disagreeing with you.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do we know how CPU bound this game is? I have a 970, but an i7 920, which is the only thing I have that is under minimum specs.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have one question for you all:

Dub or sub?

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013

Utnayan posted:

We understand and we do not care. Good bye!

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Guys don't you understand, if we can just render Triss's boob with enough fidelity, I might actually be able to reach out and touch it.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
This wouldn't happen if it werent for those meddlin consoles

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

Do we know how CPU bound this game is? I have a 970, but an i7 920, which is the only thing I have that is under minimum specs.

You will be able to run it easily on high settings with that. The Xbox one which they built it for is obviously lower.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Who was that dwarf dentist in the first game? I want to see him back, just because up to that point I had never encountered a dentist, dwarf or otherwise, in a fantasy RPG.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can someone explain the map to me? It looks like it stretches from southern Redania down towards the edge of northwest Temeria, if the Witcher 2 map is anything to go by. I know that Wyzim/Vyzim/Vyzima is further south where the river breaks, but I'm trying to place areas like La Valette Castle or Gors Velen (from Witcher 2 and the books, respectively) Would they be further east or south than where this map stretches to?

Also, any sign of Yarpen?

Selane
May 19, 2006

Guys if you want to complain about how bad looking this awesome looking game is, there's a 5000 post thread about it here where you and like-minded spergs can circle jerk each other to your heart's content.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

I have one question for you all:

Dub or sub?

Dub. The voice work in this series is pretty good, and I find subtitles so distracting in video games I turn them off wherever possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Here is where a developer for the company explains why they had to develop for the least common denominator.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

For the record I could care less but had I known this before I would have bought the ps4 version. Instead this developer clearly states why they kept it in the dark which, honestly, who gives a gently caress. Just be honest.