Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That MSPaint trailer is pretty great for a lark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Utnayan posted:

For the record I could care less but had I known this before I would have bought the ps4 version. Instead this developer clearly states why they kept it in the dark which, honestly, who gives a gently caress. Just be honest.

You are very blatantly the only person in this thread who cares. Please stop posting.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Utnayan posted:

Here is where a developer for the company explains why they had to develop for the least common denominator.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

For the record I could care less but had I known this before I would have bought the ps4 version. Instead this developer clearly states why they kept it in the dark which, honestly, who gives a gently caress. Just be honest.

I could care less *posts about it 5 times in 30 minutes*

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

megalodong posted:

please don't respond to the guy who obsessively stalks mmo devs.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The game looks how it looks, who the gently caress cares? If you don't like how it looks, don't play it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

1stGear posted:

You are very blatantly the only person in this thread who cares. Please stop posting.

Your sales won't be impacted by this news. Chill out viral marketing posse.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Utnayan posted:

Here is where a developer for the company explains why they had to develop for the least common denominator.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Please keep posting to tell us how much you don't care. :allears:

(Don't.)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Art direction is significantly more important than graphical fidelity.

That said, while I'm digging the monster designs, Geralt's armors are not looking nearly so cool this time and I hope we've just missed all the good ones.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Honestly, if the only thing giving you trouble or causing you ~moral outrage~ in your life, is that a video game might like slightly worse than it did when it was first revealed, you've got a pretty cushy life and should probably just stfu about it.

Drifter posted:

The game looks how it looks, who the gently caress cares? If you don't like how it looks, don't play it.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan,

Can you verify the legitimacy of that whatifgaming article for us? Would be much appreciated and you seem like a man who would know.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Archimago posted:

Utnayan,

Can you verify the legitimacy of that whatifgaming article for us? Would be much appreciated and you seem like a man who would know.

The video I posted where the art developer for the company acknowledged it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

Dude is clearly making GBS threads his pants when asked. But then remember, about two minutes in, sharp vegetation looks terrible. :suicide:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

megalodong posted:

please don't respond to the guy who obsessively stalks mmo devs.

Ah, you were right. I should have looked at his rap sheet first.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I'm glad CDPR actually learned how optimization works this time around and Witcher 3 will run on a variety of systems. Was really worried when the E3 trailer came out and they were saying it was struggling to run on 2 Titans

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah, you were right. I should have looked at his rap sheet first.

Yeah that rap sheet. Probated for posting about reviews being bought and paid for which showed to be true from those sites after the gamers gate information came out.

Anyway. Im still looking forward to the game. I think of implications it has on furthering graphic fidelity in the future and what may be the obvious sham of selling high end hardware, or even middleware upgrades when older technology can run these games very well on PC if they are only developing for an Xbox one.

The dev house is better than most. They do not believe in selling skin/gadget dlc and give it to customers for free. That's awesome. We are all tired of cut content and micro transactions at this point. All I'm saying is this was obviously held back from the public and PC gamers were all shown something else. Cut the crap and show what people are buying. It isn't that loving hard.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 16, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
whether or not a thing matters is inversely correlated with whether or not Utnayan posts about it, hth

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Utnayan posted:

Yeah that rap sheet. Probated for posting about reviews being bought and paid for which showed to be true from those sites after the gamers gate information came out.

Yeah, gamergate opened a lot of eyes. Goons trusted reviewers implicitly before whatever that was supposed to be occurred. We should have listened to you.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Cool, the mentally ill have turned up early for this one.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

The video I posted where the art developer for the company acknowledged it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

Dude is clearly making GBS threads his pants when asked. But then remember, about two minutes in, sharp vegetation looks terrible. :suicide:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Utnayan posted:

Anyway. Im still looking forward to the game. I think of implications it has on furthering graphic fidelity in the future and what may be the obvious sham of selling high end hardware, or even middleware upgrades when older technology can run these games very well on PC if they are only developing for an Xbox one.

The dev house is better than most. They do not believe in selling skin/gadget dlc and give it to customers for free. That's awesome. We are all tired of cut content and micro transactions at this point. All I'm saying is this was obviously held back from the public and PC gamers were all shown something else. Cut the crap and show what people are buying. It isn't that loving hard.

You're an insane weirdo.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

megalodong posted:

You're an insane weirdo.

You are right. I'm whacked when I expect a very good developer with a great reputation to tell the truth about what was cut from the PC version of the game before it launches.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

You are right. I'm whacked when I expect a very good developer with a great reputation to tell the truth about what was cut from the PC version of the game before it launches.

You're right. CDPR should not have published that trailer in 2013 and then never released another trailer since then after things changed.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What would you rather have: A game that looks great and runs well, or a game that looks amazing and runs like complete poo poo without a dual video card setup?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Archimago posted:

You're right. CDPR should not have published that trailer in 2013 and then never released another trailer since then after things changed.

To be fair they shouldn't have published that trailer with "Actual Gameplay" plastered on it. "Work in progress" would have been more honest. I mean yeah it's industry standard and everyone knows to take it with a grain of salt but still.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

What would you rather have: A game that looks great and runs well, or a game that looks amazing and runs like complete poo poo without a dual video card setup?

Since he just dropped $600 on a new video card I'm guessing he's gonna prefer the latter.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Just got the call from the local Gamestop. Going to have this puppy in hand 9pm on Monday. Sweet sweet witching here I come.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Who was that dwarf dentist in the first game? I want to see him back, just because up to that point I had never encountered a dentist, dwarf or otherwise, in a fantasy RPG.

Hear hear. Random fantasy dentists are strange and hilarious. People have known this since the days of claymation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=day3yvj3f7s

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

The latter obviously. If those filthy loving console peasants are allowed to touch my glorious PC gaems, this entire hobby will collapse.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Is it really "PC Master race" when you're also wanting the vast majority of PC users to be unable to play it though?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
How did you spend 600 on a 970? I bought one for almost new at 350.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Archimago posted:

It isn't that they shouldn't have released that in game trailer in 2013, that is what they were developing before knowing what the Xbox one could handle and needed to go common denominator design. What they should have said after that was they were doing that, and while it will still run at faster frame rates and higher resolutions on high end pc's, do not expect volumetric effects, distance viewing, or the other five things that were cut. The developer in that articl makes it clear that they knew about this but didn't want to call attention to it. Why the gently caress not? The dev house is loved anyway and would have been loved even more had they been transparent about it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Utnayan posted:

It isn't that they shouldn't have released that in game trailer in 2013, that is what they were developing before knowing what the Xbox one could handle and needed to go common denominator design. What they should have said after that was they were doing that, and while it will still run at faster frame rates and higher resolutions on high end pc's, do it expect volumetric effects, distance viewing, or the other five things that were cut. The developer in that articl makes it clear that they knew about this but didn't want to call attention to it. Why the gently caress not? The dev house is loved anyway and would have been loved even more had they been transparent about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9xeU-21WQM

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming trailers.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

megalodong posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming trailers.

Gamergate was right though.

SunAndSpring posted:

Dunno, maybe he lives in like Brazil or someplace with real high importing costs.

The Sharmat posted:

Is it really "PC Master race" when you're also wanting the vast majority of PC users to be unable to play it though?

PC Master race has the benefit of selecting and choosing which settings you wish to use, and generally pc master race people like supporting devs that can both deliver graphic fidelity and well optimized software.

Archimago posted:

They could easily just say "the game has been downgraded because x" instead of dancing around it though.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

Where the hell did this come about? People paying 600 for high end video cards I meant a GTX 980 or even sli 970's to run the game in ultra when they saw recommended at 770. I never once said a 970 is 600. :what: Surf the net and look at everyone asking questions on what they should buy to make sure they get the best experience. Witcher 2 with über sampling chokes even on my 770. So it's fairly easy to understand how some pc enthusiasts thought they should upgrade to a 980 or sli 970's to run with everything full tilt. Now? It can't. Those options have been cut. Fine. You are right no one cares. If no one cares why does the development firm care so much to hide it?

It would probably bolster pc sales anyhow. Telling a market base you can run a game like witcher 3 at full tilt with a lower end video card would mean more would buy it.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 16, 2015

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

Utnayan posted:

Utnayan posted:

Actually we do care.

Utnayan posted:

Utnayan posted:

gamers gate

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo you're crazy.

My guess is that if CDPR were to address the graphical fidelity downgrade in a later patch/DLC, it'll be when more than a few psychotic redditors can actually run the loving thing. Didn't they say that they were struggling to run it on SLI'd Titans?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Ballistic Photon posted:

Didn't they say that they were struggling to run it on SLI'd Titans?

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-your-system-ready

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Ves is probably pregnant with Henselt's rape baby.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lovely Wizard posted:

They could easily just say "the game has been downgraded because x" instead of dancing around it though.

Comte has literally explained the reasons for the disparity between the earliest trailer and today and yet apparently there's still a big CDPR conspiracy because?????

quote:

Witcher 2 with über sampling chokes even on my 770.

I really enjoy how you picked the exact setting that is ridiculously, ludicrously inefficient for a minimum of visual improvement.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Im sure there is going to be an enb preset sooner or later that will restore some graphics options.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Gamergate was right though.

I thought you were kidding but no you're actually a serious poster in the gamergate thread.

A gamergater and the guy who goes through mmo dev's garbage.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Ballistic Photon posted:

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo you're crazy.

My guess is that if CDPR were to address the graphical fidelity downgrade in a later patch/DLC, it'll be when more than a few psychotic redditors can actually run the loving thing. Didn't they say that they were struggling to run it on SLI'd Titans?

No. It ran with full settings with all options on with volumetric and full distance with an i4790k and a single GTX 980. The developer in that interview already said that they could have optimized it further, but they chose to optimize it on the lowest end console. 900p Xbox one (with dynamic resolution changes which means when you stand still it will switch to 1080p) 1080p on ps4. And what is now the same experience on the PC at 1080p regardless of hardware.
Edit: see the above graph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Burns posted:

Im sure there is going to be an enb preset sooner or later that will restore some graphics options.

They should say it now then.